Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tigerdale
    • Dec 2007

Tony Gwynn bat on ebay line under 125

Check out this Gwynn bat on ebay, just was curious as it had a line under the 125 in the trademark area....
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net
  • CampWest
    • May 2008

Re: Tony Gwynn bat on ebay line under 125

Good eye... Sure looks like it does...

Originally posted by tigerdale
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Tony-Gwynn-Game-...item45f81f26e8
    Check out this Gwynn bat on ebay, just was curious as it had a line under the 125 in the trademark area....
    sigpic
    Wes Campbell

Comment

• bagbig
      • Feb 2006

Have you checked with the seller?? I have seen Museumbats collection in person and it is spectacular. C.P. is one of the nicest and brightest collectors in the business, I am sure he will answer any questions. I know he sold his Mark Grace glove to Bigstig, sold his Larkin MVP Jersey to AWA85, and has sold Astros items to Frik. Check with him.

Comment

• frikativ54
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by bagbig
        Have you checked with the seller?? I have seen Museumbats collection in person and it is spectacular. C.P. is one of the nicest and brightest collectors in the business, I am sure he will answer any questions. I know he sold his Mark Grace glove to Bigstig, sold his Larkin MVP Jersey to AWA85, and has sold Astros items to Frik. Check with him.
        While I honestly am not an expert on game-used bats, I want to echo bagbig's sentiments on C.P.'s character. He is extremely kind and has given me outstanding advice on the hobby over the years. I doubt he would intentionally sell a bat with issues.

I have made him aware of this thread, and I would encourage any of you to contact him regarding this item.

-Frik
        Les Zukor
        bagwellgameused@gmail.com
        Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
        (617) 682-0408

Comment

• frikativ54
          • Dec 2007

C.P. says that he believes the line under the bat is a factory error. He says that the wide areas between wood grains are consistent with an MLB bat, as are the deep seam marks, and the LOA from Gwynn's wife.
          Les Zukor
          bagwellgameused@gmail.com
          Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
          (617) 682-0408

Comment

• tigerdale
            • Dec 2007

Let me be clear, I was in no way knocking the seller at all. I was pointing out the line under the 125 that the seller clearly showed. I remember when these bats were made available w/ Gwynns wife COA. Weve had a post somewhere back when a player used a 'store model' bat. I think we all can look at items and they all dont fall into certain areas all the time as we may think they do. I just thought this was interesting for us all to see...no harm was meant on my part.
            always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
            Thank you, Dale
            tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• metsbats
              • Nov 2005

Take a look at Davis's post regarding Edgar Martinez's promo bat.
              metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

Working...