PDA

View Full Version : American Memorabilia auction questions

tspane2k
01-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Just curious if anyone has any thoughts on the Steven Jackson "Rookie" Jersey. It is tagged 2004 but doesn't have the 10th anniversary patch. I have many Rams gamers and often times the year used doesn't match the Year tag. Another strange one is the the Edgerrin James 2005 game jersey with no NFL shield on the neck. I checked every getty image from 2005 and all of Edgerrins jerseys have the shield on them. Just thought this was odd. Would the team remove the shield?

sox83cubs84
01-16-2011, 10:41 PM
I didn't look at the jersey, but, if real, it could be a 2004 shell worn by or issued to Jackson in a later year. The Rams are rather frequent in the practice of grabbing older jersey and issuing them to players for later use.

Dave Miedema

solarlottry
01-16-2011, 11:14 PM
I am NOT the seller of the Jackson shirt but i know that it came from a very large NFL collection which included many RAMS shirts. The collector was very particular with every shirt he bought so i dont doubt its authenticity. I can contact the consigner and ask him about it if it indeed originated from him.

Mulligans
01-20-2011, 04:03 PM
Paul.....If you get a chance, can you ask him (assuming that it is his) why it is listed as Authentic under PSA and not game worn? The few Jerseys that I have that are listed as Authentic, are not game worn?

solarlottry
01-20-2011, 09:03 PM
Are you referring to the 2007 SJ shirt? I dont think it is listed as a rookie shirt plus on one of the images it shows the NFL auctions listing for the shirt and it states game used. I have asked my friend but have not heard back.

Mulligans
01-20-2011, 09:15 PM
I do not think the PSA number lists it as Game Worn (unless I missed it)....It just says authentic? I see the NFL Auctions listing says that it is GU but is not listed as GU under that number.