PDA

View Full Version : Pacman Jones on ebay is wrong

jake33
08-16-2006, 11:21 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/PACMAN-JONES-TENNESSEE-TITANS-2005-GAME-ISSUED-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ250017393595QQihZ015QQcategoryZ249 76QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Look at the COLLAR of the jersey, no nfl equipment shield and the old plain NFL logo?

THE most overused and ABUSED phrase in the industry is "game issued"

Eric
08-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Did you contact the seller? What did he say?
Eric

jake33
08-16-2006, 02:00 PM
I didn't contact the seller, i just typed in "game jersey" on ebay and I browse through the high cost items and i ran into this jersey and that just popped out to me, even the 05-46 tagging looks a little different than how it normally would, even if the jersey WAS an authentic game ISSUED jersey $700-$800 for a game ISSUED jersey? Would Favre, Marino, Montana, or Rice jersey even garner that much?

I also noticed it looks like the old PUMA logos from the 99-00 seasons was sewn over... I assume that if not the seller someone else took the jersey and put a new nameplate on the back

trsent
08-16-2006, 02:06 PM
It is not our business to determine who is asking too much money for items they own. A seller pays eBay a fee to list at any starting price they wish. That is not a determination for an item being not genuine, not as advertised or for not contacting a seller with questions before putting red flags on their items on this forum.

jake33
08-17-2006, 07:21 AM
Joel, the point is the the item is inacurate, i do not need the seller to give me a ring around answer about, there is no NFL Equipment shield, cut and dry they isn't a debate about that, everythign else I said was speculation. The point is that Pacman Jones NEVER wore a jersey last year with the regular NFl shield on the ejrsye, so how could ti POSSIBLY be game issued? Any equipment manager worth 2 cents would know not to issue that jersey to be even a back up...

And by saying it is not our determination if a seller is asking to much, yes it is OUR determination as buyers to determine what we will pay and judging if the price is to high.

Now is it fair of me to insult the guy for asking too much, no. I have no problem if people need to get as much as they need for something, I am just making a statement that the price is obviously too high, i would assume the seller will agree when the item has ended and it has no bids on it. You can always ask big and not get what you want, but you can't offer too small and wish you would have asked for more money later.

Eric
08-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Jake-

Please refer to the rules of the forum including

16. In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, it is expected that the poster clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, it is expected that the poster questioning an item will attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item.

Thank you
Eric

jake33
08-17-2006, 12:57 PM
How could there be Misunderstanding? This is a cut and dry issue There is 2 things that could have happened.

1) the seller could have faked the item

2) the seller is ignorant to what they are selling, and uninformed that the item is falsely represented

If you go on the street and sell rolexes that a friend gave you to sell, and they were fake rolexes and you mis-represented them, that is wrong, NOT a misunderstanding.

Either or is wrong and technically illegal.
Not a misunderstanding, either or is not correct to list that item.

But eric, you are the police of the forum in this instance, which i cannot argue, so I'll beckon to your "rules" and contact the seller, If i hear anythign about a possible "misunderstanding" I'll let the board know

Eric
08-17-2006, 02:16 PM
How could there be Misunderstanding? This is a cut and dry issue There is 2 things that could have happened.

1) the seller could have faked the item

2) the seller is ignorant to what they are selling, and uninformed that the item is falsely represented

If you go on the street and sell rolexes that a friend gave you to sell, and they were fake rolexes and you mis-represented them, that is wrong, NOT a misunderstanding.

Either or is wrong and technically illegal.
Not a misunderstanding, either or is not correct to list that item.

But eric, you are the police of the forum in this instance, which i cannot argue, so I'll beckon to your "rules" and contact the seller, If i hear anythign about a possible "misunderstanding" I'll let the board know

Jake
Please don't be obnoxious. Every user, including yourself agreed to those "rules." Please refresh your memory on the rules of the game used forum and game used universe which are located on the front page of the forum.

You will find that you should have contacted the seller first, given him a chance to respond, then posted your comments. It's the fair way to do things.

If you do not comply with these rules, it will result in a suspension of your account.

Thanks, and if you have any other questions I can be reached at ecky3@aol.com
Eric

trsent
08-17-2006, 02:58 PM
Jake, I am sorry, but I understand you have an issue with this jersey of a player I have never heard of, but he does have a cool first name.

My point that if the opening bid is placed at $50,000.00 for this jersey, that is not a reasonable reason to determine there are issues with the jersey. An opening bid does not make an item genuine or fake.

jake33
08-17-2006, 07:41 PM
No response from the seller after 12 hours...

Trsent, I get your point, but I was just stating the price as a different issue not that it had anything to do with the reason it was fake.

trsent
08-18-2006, 02:23 PM
No response from the seller after 12 hours...

Trsent, I get your point, but I was just stating the price as a different issue not that it had anything to do with the reason it was fake.

Cool, just being anal as usual.

trsent
08-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Well, at least Pacman is making the press...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApguuoFlcHrCnugdbnRF7Hs5nYcB?slug=ap-titans-jones-arrested&prov=ap&type=lgns