PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Senior Bowl

amgmap
01-17-2011, 09:02 PM
Hey everyone! I don't post on here often, but have learned a ton from reading the posts and made some great game used contacts. With that being said, the Senior Bowl in Mobile is coming up and if you're not aware of what it is, it's an opportunity for many college players to impress scouts and show them that they are NFL caliber material. I plan on going to the meet the players convention and thought that I would pay it forward, even if it's in a little way. The meet the players gives you the opportunity to meet them, obtain one of their player cards and have it signed. I went last year and had a great time and was able to acquire quite a few cards/signatures. If you have a favorite college player that is attending the Senior Bowl, I would be willing to try and pick up a card/signature for you and send it to you. This is in appreciation for the forum. Just check out their website to see if any player that you follow is going and then send me an email. If I am only able to get one or two, then I will send them to the first ones to request it. I can't make any promises, but will try my best. The website is www.seniorbowl.com (http://www.seniorbowl.com) Thanks! :D

AWA85
01-17-2011, 09:38 PM
How about the greatest kicker in NCAA history (percentage wise)... Alex Henery from the University of Nebraska. GO BIG RED!!! :D

AWA85@live.com

UGA-1
01-17-2011, 11:22 PM
I would love to have Clint Boling from Georgia!!!

chakes89
01-17-2011, 11:26 PM
I'll take a Jake Locker if you can get one

bama0037
01-18-2011, 12:04 AM
if you get a chance to meet McElroy or Preston Dial from Bama please tell them I will pay very Heavily for one of the Combat jerseys that they wore against Miss. State. If you think you will get a chance to speak with them please Message me or email me at bamarules4life@yahoo.com and I will give you my contact information. Thanks so much, John

halzeus
01-18-2011, 09:09 AM
I would be interested in Stephen Schilling from Michigan.

Thank you in advance.

otismalibu
01-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Will the Azalea Trail Maids be signing? :)

gaytorhater703
01-18-2011, 10:26 AM
Drake Nevis, Kelvin Sheppard, anyone from LSU......Geaux Tigers

gaytorhater703
01-18-2011, 10:28 AM
If you do talk to Nevis or Sheppard and you get to talking about jerseys or game worn stuff i would be interested in what they would be willing to part with.

gaytorhater703
01-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Actually if you could pass them a card with my email and ask if they have or know any other former players that might have some game jerseys they would part with that would be AWESOME.

HawaiiSportsNut
01-18-2011, 01:04 PM
I would be interested in Greg Salas from the University of Hawaii.

guppies@guppies4me.com

Thanks,
Rick

gatorcollector
01-18-2011, 01:46 PM
I would really appreciate it if you could get anything from the 4 Gators who will be in the game: Ahmad Black, Chas Henry, Mike Pouncey, and Marcus Gilbert. If you would allow me to send you anything like 8X10's to be signed, please let me know. bcouture@cfl.rr.com.

Jstef15
01-18-2011, 01:52 PM
I would really appreciate it if you could get anything from the 4 Gators who will be in the game: Ahmad Black, Chas Henry, Mike Pouncey, and Marcus Gilbert. If you would allow me to send you anything like 8X10's to be signed, please let me know. bcouture@cfl.rr.com.

Ahmad is one of my favorite Gators ever... Can't wait to buy his autograph.

ksuchad
01-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Daniel Thomas -RB- Kansas State.
thanks

amgmap
01-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Hey everyone! I have added everyone to the list and plan to have it with me when I go on 28 January. As far as the requests to inquire with specific players about their gameworn items, I can try, but don't know how it will be set up this year. I will say that with last year, the crowd was HUGE because Tebow was supposed to be there (although he didn't show up). The way it was set up last year was there were different lines and you would not find out who was scheduled to be in those lines until just a little while prior to going into the building. Myself and a friend went last year and split up, so we were able to get a lot of autographs (that's our plan for this year too). We plan on going really early again this year and I will take some pictures and post them too.

Btw, I don't think any trailmaids will be there signing; however, last year the Jacksonville Jags cheerleaders were there signing posters ;)

Also, to the University of FL collector, you do know I'm a diehard FSU fan, right? :D I guess I can try for FL players. I have a 16x20 picture of Christian Ponder that I'm going to take and have signed to go in my sports room.

halzeus
01-18-2011, 11:41 PM
If you get a Stephen Schilling auto, send me an email:

authentic_wolverine@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Dan

perlman9
01-19-2011, 07:33 AM
I know michigan state has two guys, so either would be great. And like many, would love something game worn from them as well. I have 24 MSU pro jerseys so am a big Michigan State guy (just not too many in the NFL..haha) On another note, I saw someone selling a lot of senior bowl jerseys on ebay about a year or so ago, does the bowl sell them off?

gatorcollector
01-19-2011, 08:08 AM
Also, to the University of FL collector, you do know I'm a diehard FSU fan, right? :D I guess I can try for FL players.

After the butt-whooping you guys put on us this year, it's the least you can do! ;)

amgmap
01-22-2011, 08:07 AM
After the butt-whooping you guys put on us this year, it's the least you can do! ;)

lol Very true. I finally feel like the team is starting to turn around.

I have everyone's requests noted. If anyone else is interested in anyone, let me know. We are starting to get our game plan together this weekend. I believe that the players start reporting today, so I will keep everyone posted if I hear anything that is gameworn related.

Btw, I believe that someone asked about if whether or not the Senior Bowl sells their jerseys. Just like you, I have seen some on Ebay, but I have not seen them sold by the Senior Bowl. I'm actually going to check into it and let you know if I find anything out.

worldchamps
01-22-2011, 09:49 PM
I would appreciate a demarco Murray from ou if you get an extra one. Rangersstars@yahoo.com

AutographAddiction
01-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Any of the UNC players, if you can, of course.

Thanks!

trsent
01-26-2011, 02:13 AM
I know michigan state has two guys, so either would be great. And like many, would love something game worn from them as well. I have 24 MSU pro jerseys so am a big Michigan State guy (just not too many in the NFL..haha) On another note, I saw someone selling a lot of senior bowl jerseys on ebay about a year or so ago, does the bowl sell them off?

Since I just got the 2009 Senior Bowl game used jersey inventory in stock earlier today and I'm planning on listing them on eBay by the end of the week, it is safe to say that the jerseys in the past have been sold in bulk and not individually.

Last year I bought a bulk collection of the 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2008 games used jerseys. This year I obtained the 2009 jerseys, just over seventy of them.

If anyone is looking for any players before I list them, please email me directly at: joel@alpert.net and I'll let you know if I have anyone you are looking for available.

zegret
01-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Joel, thanks for the heads up. Email sent!

dwolfe12345
01-26-2011, 01:35 PM
Joel email sent concerning Texas Senior Bowl jersey. Thanks!

chakes89
01-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Email sent

Thanks

amgmap
01-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Hey everyone! As we're planning our plan of attack :D I thought I would share a few pictures that I took last year when I attended the same event. It was a lot crazier due to certain players attending; however, this year should be better. Last year I was able to get some pictures signed and a pennant signed by a lot of the players. The link to the pictures is here:

http://sports.webshots.com/album/579634596bqjBaJ

I plan on taking pictures Friday and should be able to post them sometime this weekend. Also, if I am able to pick up autographs for those that requested them, I will let you know as well.

mikey68
01-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Hey everyone! As we're planning our plan of attack :D I thought I would share a few pictures that I took last year when I attended the same event. It was a lot crazier due to certain players attending; however, this year should be better. Last year I was able to get some pictures signed and a pennant signed by a lot of the players. The link to the pictures is here:

http://sports.webshots.com/album/579634596bqjBaJ

I plan on taking pictures Friday and should be able to post them sometime this weekend. Also, if I am able to pick up autographs for those that requested them, I will let you know as well.

Yeah, last year's fan frenzy was crazy with Bama winning the championship and Tim Tebow who was supposed to be there. I've been going to it for 8 years and that was the most fans I've seen. It will still be crazy with Auburn winning the championship and the Bama QB, McElroy being there, but hopefully the lines will be split up between Bama & Auburn.

amgmap
01-26-2011, 09:25 PM
Too cool! Nice to meet someone that has gone before and is planning to go this year. Have you heard anything regarding this year's meet the players? What time do you usually get there? I actually live in Pensacola and drive over early the morning of the event. Any tips?

mikey68
01-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Too cool! Nice to meet someone that has gone before and is planning to go this year. Have you heard anything regarding this year's meet the players? What time do you usually get there? I actually live in Pensacola and drive over early the morning of the event. Any tips?

Yeah, it's good to hear from someone who's going as well. I haven't heard anything yet as to how the lines or pods will be. Usually on Friday morning, seniorbowl.com and www.al.com/seniorbowl (http://www.al.com/seniorbowl) will tell what players will be in what pods and the times they will be there. It will also be in the Friday Mobile newspaper. If you're going for Bama or Auburn players, it's going to be a long line and you may want to get there early. I'm going to go for the other lines as it's a better shot at getting more autographs. People will start getting in line at 8:00 when they open the convention center, but I usually don't get there till about 12:00 or 1:00, cause I'm not trying to get the ones in the huge lines. You living in Pensacola should give you a head-start over me as I'm driving down from Jackson, MS. If you have any questions, please let me know.

amgmap
01-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Funny you mentioned the pods...I forgot that's what they called them. I'm not really interested in the AL/AU players, so I'll also probably head to the other lines. Me and a friend are going and our goal is we have a few main players that we definitely want to get and then others that would be a plus. Feel free to email me at amgmap@gmail.com Do you take items to get signed or just go for the signed cards? I was amazed last year at all of the different stuff that people bring.

mikey68
01-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Funny you mentioned the pods...I forgot that's what they called them. I'm not really interested in the AL/AU players, so I'll also probably head to the other lines. Me and a friend are going and our goal is we have a few main players that we definitely want to get and then others that would be a plus. Feel free to email me at amgmap@gmail.com Do you take items to get signed or just go for the signed cards? I was amazed last year at all of the different stuff that people bring.

Just sent you an email.

ncbadges
01-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Dwayne Harris from East Carolina University.

ncb

amgmap
01-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Last call!!! :D Work day is done and I will be leaving in the morning for the senior bowl. I have everyone's requests so far noted. Can't promise I will be able to get autos for everyone, but will try. Will post an update and pictures this weekend.

bama0037
01-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Last call!!! :D Work day is done and I will be leaving in the morning for the senior bowl. I have everyone's requests so far noted. Can't promise I will be able to get autos for everyone, but will try. Will post an update and pictures this weekend.

Tell McElroy that I'll give him $750 for his helmet and see what he says. My email is bamarules4life@yahoo.com and phone number is 318-729-8534 Thanks John

Tyrcha
01-28-2011, 08:58 AM
I'd be interested in anything game used from Casey Mathews (LB, 55, Oregon) or Austin Pettis (WR, 1, Boise State).

Email: scott at tyrcha.com

amgmap
01-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Hey everyone! I'm back after a very long and tiring day :D I'm still going through all the auto's that I picked up, so I will be posting over the weekend if I was able to help out a few people. It was crowded and depending on the player, they were limiting to one item per person.

The players were very nice to talk with, even if you didn't have much time. Just for everyone in advance, no game used stuff. Also, I did not go through the lines for Auburn, Alabama or Auburn. The way that it's set up, there are only a couple of players in each of these. The lines that I chose to go through had many more players, so more opportunities to get auto's. If I was able to pick up an auto for you, I will probably post tomorrow and just have you email me your mailing addy. Thanks!

amgmap
01-28-2011, 08:39 PM
My previous post, I meant to say no Auburn, Alabama or Florida. Too tired to type lol

amgmap
01-29-2011, 01:48 PM
Hey everyone! Unfortunately, I was not able to fill many requests this year. The way that it was set up, I got through a few of the lines in the beginning, but with the second set of players, I only got through one line. Also, depending on who was signing, the autograph police were out. They would only let the player sign one item. Even though I wasn't able to fill many requests, I do have extras of the following players, so let me know if you're interested in any of these instead. First dibs to the collectors who I wasn't able to get requested auto's:

Ross Homan - Ohio State
Jaiquawn Jarrett - Temple
Jarvis Jenkins - Clemson
Bilal Powell - Louisville
Ian Williams - Notre Dame
Christian Ballard - Iowa
Noel Devine - West Virginia
James Brewer - Indiana

If interested, just send me your mailing info amgmap@gmail.com

amgmap
01-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Devine is spoken for. If anyone else is interested in any of the extras that I have, let me know.

Btw, here are some pictures of the event. Wasn't able to take as many pics this year as last. It's always pretty hectic, but entertaining :rolleyes:

http://sports.webshots.com/album/579645123QdRBGE

gatorcollector
01-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Thanks for your efforts, we appreciate it!