PDA

View Full Version : Your top 5 clean players of all time and current?

rangersfan1214
01-19-2011, 06:03 PM
I was just curious to who yalls top 5 clean (as most people believe) players of all time and current.

WadeInBmore
01-19-2011, 06:07 PM
My top 5 in no particular order (steriod era only):

Cal Ripken Jr
Ichiro
Frank Thomas
Ken Griffey Jr
Greg Maddux

onlyalbert
01-19-2011, 06:35 PM
1. Pujols
2. Pujols
3. Pujols
4. Pujols
5. Pujols

Bondsgloves
01-19-2011, 06:43 PM
1. Pujols
2. Pujols
3. Pujols
4. Pujols
5. Pujols

The title said clean players:rolleyes:

spartanservitto
01-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Pujols. Ichiro. Griffey. Thomas. Cabrera

xpress34
01-19-2011, 06:48 PM
Nolan Ryan
Tony Gwynn
Cal Ripken Jr
Albert Pujols
Sandy Koufax

jobathenut
01-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Its tough to say as you don't know who truly is "clean" or not.I mean if years from now we find out a player like cal ripkin was dirty it puts into question everybody.As sometimes its the player you would never expect to be dirty that is.And i am not saying that he is.I am just using him as a example as everyone would be stunned if they heard he was dirty and everyone would be suprised as noone would ever think he would be dirty or nolan ryan.Just saying i cant give a top anything as i dont know who is clean or who is dirty now a days.

flota89
01-19-2011, 07:06 PM
The title said clean players:rolleyes:
Which is why he said Pujols.

nt_eagle
01-19-2011, 07:17 PM
1. Jeffrey Adam Everett
2. David Eckstein
3. Juan Pierre
4. Kenny Lofton
5. Roger Metzger

nationals2k9
01-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Really on the Pujols guys? That's MLB's biggest cover up in my opinion. Sure, he's never tested positive to our knowledge, but just look at the guy. Look at him when he came up to the bigs. You'll never convince me he's always been clean. That said, I'm an advocate for calling the last 20 years the steroid era and being done with it. Put everyone with qualifying numbers in the Hall and move on.

Top 5 as in BEST five or just the top five most apparently clean guys?

Here's just 5 ballplayers that come to mind:

Mark Grace
Cal Ripken
Ozzie Smith
Tom Glavine
Craig Biggio

Danny899
01-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Rickey Henderson!

sox83cubs84
01-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Five current/recent (no special order)

Frank Thomas
Jeff Bagwell
Craig Biggio
Ken Griffey Jr.
Mark Grace

Dave Miedema

AWA85
01-19-2011, 10:58 PM
I am amazed at how many of you are confident Pujols is clean! But everyone is entitled to their own.

1. Barry Larkin
2. Ken Griffey Jr
3. Sean Casey
4. Corky Miller :D
5. Adam Dunn

David
01-19-2011, 11:28 PM
Robin Yount
Ty Cobb
Christy Mathewson
Willie Mays
Paul Molitor

LastingsMilledge85
01-20-2011, 12:24 AM
Lastings Milledge
Nelson Figueroa
Wil Nieves (Nicest baseball player to play the game)
Billy Wagner
Willie Mays Hayes

Dewey2007
01-20-2011, 01:11 AM
Willie Stargell
Jimmy Rollins
Johnnie LeMaster
Brian Doyle
Mario Mendoza

platinum1
01-20-2011, 01:22 AM
Frank Thomas
Tony Gwynn
Carl Ripken Jr
Ken Griffey Jr
Randy Johnson

Now for Albert Pujols, Im not sure he is being completly honest.
I honeslty think that he is atleast 2 years older then he claims to be.

3arod13
01-20-2011, 06:00 AM
Alex Rodriguez
Barry Bonds
Roger Clemens
Andy Pettite
Jason Gambi

cubbs1232
01-20-2011, 08:06 AM
1 mark grace
2 carl crawford
3 derrek lee
4 wade boggs
5 brad radke

godwulf
01-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Willie Mays Hayes

I take it you mean the one who became a doctor - not the one who's in prison for tax evasion. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I think there are so many levels and gradations of "use" to consider. Is somebody who tried steroids a couple of times, maybe even while in the Minors, and then goes on to have a Hall of Fame career (or even just a really good one) "dirty"? Is a player who uses them briefly, for legitimate medical reasons, "dirty" forever, and even retroactively?

I think about Matt Williams, one of my favorite ballplayers of all time. At the end of his career, Matty suffered some serious foot injuries, so after yet another one in Spring Training in '02, he bought steroids and HGH (which wouldn't be banned by MLB until '05), at the suggestion of his doctors, to promote faster healing. He didn't like the drugs, and only used them for a short time. Matt retired in '03. Am I supposed to lump the Sarge in with people like Bonds and Canseco?

Manram
01-20-2011, 09:23 AM
[quote=3arod13;235102]Alex Rodriguez
Barry Bonds
Roger Clemens
Andy Pettite
Jason Gambi[/

Hahahahah :D :p

bagbig
01-20-2011, 09:26 AM
I take it you mean the one who became a doctor - not the one who's in prison for tax evasion. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I think there are so many levels and gradations of "use" to consider. Is somebody who tried steroids a couple of times, maybe even while in the Minors, and then goes on to have a Hall of Fame career (or even just a really good one) "dirty"? Is a player who uses them briefly, for legitimate medical reasons, "dirty" forever, and even retroactively?

I think about Matt Williams, one of my favorite ballplayers of all time. At the end of his career, Matty suffered some serious foot injuries, so after yet another one in Spring Training in '02, he bought steroids and HGH (which wouldn't be banned by MLB until '05), at the suggestion of his doctors, to promote faster healing. He didn't like the drugs, and only used them for a short time. Matt retired in '03. Am I supposed to lump the Sarge in with people like Bonds and Canseco?

You got to be crazy to actually believe any player that says he only used them to cover speed up recovery time from an injury. That is the easy way out to blame an injury. Where is the proof that Matt Williams, Petitte, Fernando Vina(give me a break), among others did NOT use BEFORE the injury. Players know that they can blame an injury and then they will look like a team player.

rj_lucas
01-20-2011, 09:45 AM
Any five players whose careers ended prior to the invention of steroids in the 1930's. Any player after that is theoretically suspect, including some of the most revered players from the 1950's, who were well documented to have injected testosterone taken from monkey testicles. To suggest that this is somehow a new problem or limited to the years between 1990-2000 is completely absurd. Google 'Lyle Alzado' for crying out loud.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com