PDA

View Full Version : Albert Pujols Batting practice bat not game used!!

basketballbones
01-21-2011, 01:09 AM
This is why I don't post on this forum as it's a total buddy buddy very biased to say the very least!! So BP is considered game used by MLB, so what many others would beg to differ as if a Pujols bat had BP notations on knob end bat would go for far less than one that did not FACT!!! Again people on this forum will look the other way to this forum member as just because he's been a member for a long time, and or people think he's an upstanding person which means nothing!! I'm not like many of the people on here that save every single auction, but do know for a fact this is the same bat that Ball park heroes had on ebay and was purchased off of Ebay not on Ebay, but bat was on there did not get any bids I do remember that for sure! I did not email seller as did not realize until auction ended and we all know that you have to email seller first before making any accusations is RIDICULOUS happens all the time on here where people trash items with out ever emailing seller. Let's say for a second that Bert did not remove any tape, why would there be no such deatails in item description that there was tape once on bat and what are the chances of 2 Pujols 2002 rawlings bats that had this tape in same spot again I don't have the pics, but maybe someone at Ball Park Heroes can shed some light as I"m sure they would of remembered this as there bat at one time and was clearly issued a COA with Batting Practice used as Bert's profanity only makes him look more bad. I'm sure Thought wait awhile and nobody would remember the tape on bat and sold as BP bat and do you Bert have the original receipt from Mastro when you bought bat to show everybody without tape on handle. I'm sure BIRDBATS has the auction info as he is the Pujols supposed expert and has kept every sing le auction of Pujols bats maybe he can chime in.

spartanservitto
01-21-2011, 01:13 AM
I will no longer even attempt to sell a Pujols item, there is always something that someone finds or has to say that isnt this or that. It's such a head ache. Lay off the guy or contact him privately, and to contact the Ebay seller is wrong when you have no proof for anything to back allegations. Thats all I have to say.

-Tony

basketballbones
01-21-2011, 01:36 AM
Are people on here Hellen Keller can clearly see in the auction pics that at very bottom of handle there is the remnants of where the tape was as there is a clear line. Even if I had the actual original auction from Ball Park heroes with stating batting practice used you guys would still side with Bert as it's biased on here buddy buddy system as everyone is an expert!!I'm sure someone has the original auction from a few years ago, but don't wanna post as you know of all the photo matched geeks that are on here if it's not photo matched then no good right! I wrote down the model# batch code and year code and matched that bat perfectly what are the odds of that Bert like hitting the Mega Bucks Lotto!!! It's funny,but if anyone on the forum here bought a game used bat and later found out was a BP bat would be livid not happy to say the least would want refund, or partial refund of some sorts, so don't insult me with BP is considered game use as many collectors will pay a fraction for a BP bat, or stay away completely. Goodnight

CampWest
01-21-2011, 01:37 AM
Of all the likely less than perfectly described items on ebay, why do you choose this one to throw a tantrum about? I have to question why this one requires two threads when you have not worried enough to post about any other questionable items on ebay. So, you must troll here for the good info and only throw a fit the one time when you recognize the ebay seller as a GUU member. I'm just confused by this whole thing.

basketballbones
01-21-2011, 01:48 AM
I did not ever want to post before because of exactly this and not ranting just that it's very biased on here and buddy buddy system that very obvious. Someone bought a 1,235 BP bat as probably was buying as actual used in a game and not altered by removing tape from handle. Your telling me if you found this out about a bat you won you would be happy nothing wrong as I'm sure if you shelled out that kind of $ would want to be game used and nothing removed from bat unless stated in auction details. It's worst than womans sewing group on here everybody's an expert, but when I saw that auction being misrepresented so badly then I decided to post not a welcome for me posting, but to get blasted for calling out a forum member that's again why I don't post damned if you do and damned if you don't can't win on here!!

nt_eagle
01-21-2011, 01:49 AM
Where is the 'proper' form of Grammar (or English) in this Original Post?! If it ain't there, then dispose of properly! :confused:

basketballbones
01-21-2011, 01:54 AM
Is this better english for you old guy NT Eagle PUJOLS BAT IS NO GOOD A BATTING PRACTICE BAT NEVER DISCLOSED IN AUCTION DETAILS HAVE FUN COLLECTING!!

nt_eagle
01-21-2011, 01:59 AM
There 'ya go, Chief! Glad to see you are using your GED! :) Gotta love kids these days!!

gingi79
01-21-2011, 02:00 AM
I don't know Bert other than that he is a member in good standing on GUU. I know nothing about Albert Pujols bats. What I do know is that it is against Forum rules to throw out personal attacks on members for any reason. People have been banned for it.

Also, claiming it is ridiculous that it is forum rules to contact an eBay seller before posting derogatory comments means you also know your temper tantrum was against the rules as well.

I have yet to come across a single situation where "buddy buddy" protection occurred when it wasn't someone will multiple screen names vouching for themselves. Those members have been banned as well. Can you furnish any such threads to back up your wild and unsubstantiated claim?

You have 12 posts on this board and 33% of them were in reference to this bat. Rather than throw out mean spirited personal attacks, perhaps you should show proof of what you claim. Without the bat in your hands, how can you be so sure it is the same one? Players go through dozens of bats a season, do you honestly think this is the only 2002 Pujols bat in the hobby? Your posts are all about buying and selling bats, you can't honestly expect people to take you seriously with your angry and half cocked ranting when all you back up is that it is a bat from the same season as a batting practice bat that was once for sale.

Considering you knowingly break several rules of this forum, you seem to be the only person doing something wrong. Not my place to tell the Mods what to do but if you do get banned it will be because you knowingly broke GUU guidelines, bragged about it and were condescending and accusatory to the rest of us. The sad part is, if the bat is a Batting practice bat, you have taken all of the issue away from it and placed it squarly on your actions. How is that helping the hobby?

nt_eagle
01-21-2011, 02:13 AM
+1, gingi79
And, to basketballbones, Cavet Emptor. And, that's to all of us, and we all know it! But, I have known Kim Stigall (Ball Park Heroes) from the early '90s, and he's legit to myself. Which, may not say much because of my previous posts, but if he makes a mistake on an Item, it's veeery few...and veeery far between!

basketballbones
01-21-2011, 02:16 AM
You guys are comic relief to say the very least!!! You guys have your heads in the sand and where have I made any personal attacks maybe go back to shoremen44 and read his thread as if you can read right he is the one who used profane language drawing attention to him not me. The moderators have agendas keeping out posts they don't want people to see on here a fact and to email a seller about a questionable item auction was already over, or would have emailed seller on bat would of denied anyways what's the point would of continued auction and deceit all potential bidders by not disclosing was a bp bat and tape was removed. Thanks for the free comic relief tonight without any admission how can you beat that. Albert pujols 2002 Rawlings game used BP bat 1,235 with tape missing PRICELESS!!! Maybe coming soon a perfect grade for the bp bat will be the next thing just icing on the cake!!

basketballbones
01-21-2011, 02:27 AM
NT Eagle do you read posts correctly as it seems like you need some glasses! I NEVER EVER SAID THAT BALL PARK HEROES IS AT FAULT FOR ANYTHING!!! The new seller of the bat shoremen44 is the one who sold as game used as Ball Park Heroes FULLY DISCLOSED THAT WAS ONLY A BP BAT AND HAD A COA WITH PICS OF THAT BAT and I did not save the auction itself, but wrote down the important info on the knob as knew this would come back as game used tape being removed then saying game used can CLEARLY SEE WHERE THE TAPE WAS DOES NOT TAKE A ROCKET SCIENTIST!! I'm sure Bert is a swell guy to all you, but he did not disclose even that there was tape on bat at one time and I'm sure that he knows enough about bats to see the remnants of that and still no mention of that anywhere other than Pujols trademark pine tar give me a break!!! Maybe Ball Park Heroes still has a copy of the COA as there was a #5 on both ends of bat just like the one on ebay. If what I wrote about the bat as being a personal attack then all of you got to look at your selves in the mirror as every day on this forum you are personally attacking people you just don't like it when it's at you!!

gingi79
01-21-2011, 02:32 AM
You guys are comic relief to say the very least!!! You guys have your heads in the sand and where have I made any personal attacks maybe go back to shoremen44 and read his thread as if you can read right he is the one who used profane language drawing attention to him not me.

If someone with no proof came on this or any website and made a claim that you purchased an item, modified it for profit and then lied about it, wouldn't you tell them to kiss off? Wait! This thread alone has shown your angry and confrontational demeanor! Your quote above proves my point. And he wasn't attacking you, he was telling you that you are wrong and with no proof are accusing him of deceiving and modifying a bat to make it what it isn't. Your quote above also shows you think we are all too stupid to see blatant fraudulent activity. Personal attack. I'll ask again, point out to us ostriches here on GUU, how do you know?

The moderators have agendas keeping out posts they don't want people to see on here a fact

If you honestly believe that, what purpose does this thread serve and why are you wasting your time posting here? This isn't mandatory reading and posting here isn't your homework. If you think we are all a bunch of idiots who support fake items and protecting shysters you obviously aren't reading the threads nor are you contributing.

nt_eagle
01-21-2011, 02:41 AM
Obviously the booze is speaking for this kid...:rolleyes:

nt_eagle
01-21-2011, 02:44 AM
"Where the Tape does was" sold me. :D

nt_eagle
01-21-2011, 02:46 AM
Or vice versa, needless to say...Case Closed!

basketballbones
01-21-2011, 02:47 AM
I'm sorry Gingi your a senior member on here, so you must know everything there is about anything game used and about how this forum works all the rules etc,etc.... What do you get for being a senior member a free bowl of soup? If Bert has nothing to hide then he should show his original receipt on bat without tape being present if then he has nothing to hide. Every single day on this forum people comment on items without any proof just spewing there nonsense uneducated opinions! My comments are right on and Bert said purchased through Mastro what catalog year and month. DO YOUR HOMEWORK THAT'S THE FORUM MOTTO, well in this case the homework was not done buyer bought an over priced bp bat, but will be graded soon and passed onto someone else as game used not bp it's the gift that keeps on giving!!

basketballbones
01-21-2011, 02:59 AM
Gingi, how is commenting on a questionable, misrepresented item considered a personal attack and how against forum rules? I would think then everyone on here that posts on an item they ? should be then thrown off as that's a personal attack on the person right? With all the posts I should be at your senior level by now.

gingi79
01-21-2011, 03:06 AM
I'm sorry Gingi your a senior member on here, so you must know everything there is about anything game used and about how this forum works all the rules etc,etc....

No, I don't know everything, that would be why I don't post accusations without proof. I do know the rules of this board, especially since they are required reading to join the site and they are enforced.

What do you get for being a senior member a free bowl of soup?

No, actually I have the satisfaction of starting threads like "What is you White Whale" with many pages of responses and coincidentally, coining a term in this hobby. You'll find it was not used to describe your most coveted item until that thread but shows up in many new threads as a term collectors use for their "grail" now. I also have the pleasure of posting sports commentary and humor as well as interjecting insight gleamed from years of experience listening to people who know more than I.

If Bert has nothing to hide then he should show his original receipt on bat without tape being present if then he has nothing to hide.

You can take this up with him if you wish. I would say posting "Bert, I had some questions about the bat you had up, how it was obtained and it's characteristics including tape being at the bottom at one point perhaps? Then he could have posted his details and maybe we all could have learned something. Calling someone a crook and a thief and then demanding proof of something only you seem to see and can't substantiate will not get a positive response, from anyone.

Every single day on this forum people comment on items without any proof just spewing there nonsense uneducated opinions!

Again I ask you, can you produce any such threads? I know when certain members post findings they are backed up with pictures (Robert who posts as Aeneas01 for example in regards to helmet) Others like Dave Mediema are posting from years and years of hands on experience. Certain hobbyests have earned the right to post questions about items from their experience but always seem to back it up with facts and details on where to see those facts in real life exemplars.

Maybe the third time is the charm. The burden of proof is not on Bert to prove his bat is not the one you think it is. The burden is on YOU to prove that you have seen dead on match to a BP bat, lining up bat rack marks, ball marks, dings etc to the bat he claims is not. Until you can do so, you are engaging in a personal attack. Why won't you furnish any of this so called proof?

gingi79
01-21-2011, 03:20 AM
Gingi, how is commenting on a questionable, misrepresented item considered a personal attack and how against forum rules?

I'll use your own words to answer your questions

....blatantly not what buyer was buying Bert knew that was a BP bat not game used and profited very nice!!!

That is an accusation. You claim he doctored the bat but provided not a stitch of evidence. You called him a thief and a liar without documenting the reasons why. If I were to say Pujols is a steroid user and I know because he couldn't possibly be that good without them, I'd be attacking him without any proof. I would be saying he is a cheater and a liar because other people just like him were using steroids so he must be using them as well. How is that any different than what you said?

I would think then everyone on here that posts on an item they ? should be then thrown off as that's a personal attack on the person right?

I'm still waiting for you to produce a single thread that has questions without insight and substantiating proof of questioning an item, claiming to see things the rest of us don't and claiming the item was purchased from eBay or BPH but not showing pictures or directing people to where this supposed bat was listed elsewhere.

With all the posts I should be at your senior level by now.

Your right. If we continue this discussion much longer, you will be.

metsbats
01-21-2011, 06:53 AM
This thread is closed not sure why this one was even started given the outcome of the other. Basketballbones you have been given a 10 day ban because you did not take Andrews advice and take this off line directly to the Moderators. Instead you chose to open up a new thread and the results were disasterous.