PDA

View Full Version : Got my Opening Day Tix for Rox - BEST SEATS in the HOUSE

xpress34
01-22-2011, 02:52 AM
So, I knew what I ordered, but didn't believe it until they came today... my Opening Day Tickets for the Colorado Rockies... unfortunately, I probably won't sit in these seats because they could make me enough money to cover some bills... but if I don't sell, they are quite literally the BEST SEATS in the house...

Here's a scan of the tickets (with Bar Codes removed for safety):

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j442/Lumber_Jack_Bat_Co/OpeningDayTix2011.jpg

And here's the Coors Field Seating Chart:

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j442/Lumber_Jack_Bat_Co/CoorsFieldSeatingChart2.jpg

See the single RED circle... that's Section 129... see the BULLSEYE (Double RED Circles)... that's W 129 LOWER... front row right behind the catcher!!!

Seats down the 1st and 3rd baseline PAST the dugouts on the front row are already commanding $600+ each... Opening Day is SOLD OUT except for a few single seats...

So what would YOU do in my situation??? I'm interested to hear thoughts...

As much as I want to just stand pat and sit in the seats, I know what kind of $$$ they could bring that could do a LOT for my family and I... and I could buy someone else's cheaper seats and still go to the game...

ARGHHH... it really is a tough choice - at let it's a Win-Win for me!

All the best -

Smitty

(P.S. - even after all my bitching about it, I'm going to Rockies FanFest tomorrow - a friend had an extra ticket - so I'll have pics from it and I'm going to try and go down and get a picture from my seats just to see the actual view before the game...)

slambam
01-22-2011, 02:32 PM
For me it would depend on two things. 1. How much do I need the extra money? 2. How many chances am I going to have to get these seats?

I don't know how much you'd get for them, or how much other tickets would cost. But personally, if I knew I could sell those and get other tickets for Opening Day + these same front row behind the plate seats for another game + maybe even bank some $ also, I'd sell them. If not, I'd go to the game and have a hell of a time. Tough decision though.

kylehess10
01-22-2011, 07:33 PM
If I were you, I'd keep 1 & go to the game, then just sell the rest.

Mark17
01-22-2011, 08:06 PM
If I was you I'd keep seat #2, sell seats one and three to Reese Witherspoon and Cindy Crawford, and give seat #4 to me.

gingi79
01-22-2011, 11:17 PM
Well considering you would be on TV the ENTIRE game, wave back at me, as I'll be waving at you! Wave Smitty, can't you see me? :p

Look, the Rox are your team. If you got opening day seats to the Spankees, would you sell them? Of course. Will you ever get those seats to a Rox Opening Day game again? Do you really want to give up that opportunity?

Kinda thinking the team realized you were a disabled Vet and wanted to do right by you for your service. Selling them is your right, as there is nothing legally stopping you. Everyone needs the money right? If someone doesn't understand that, oh well. You certainly don't need to explain yourself to anyone. $10k for them could fix problems in anyone's life.

You need to decide what you feel most strongly about. World class seats to your favorite team's only ever 2011 Opening Day or the financial stress selling them relieves on you. The do what feels right.

xpress34
01-23-2011, 12:35 AM
For me it would depend on two things. 1. How much do I need the extra money? 2. How many chances am I going to have to get these seats?

Slam -

As the Bard once said, "Aye, there's the rub."

I don't mind spending the money for Opening Day Tix - especially lower level. When the ticket guy said 129 lower, I just thought he meant lower level (concourse) where most of the accessible seats are located. (My disability is a back and shoulder issue which the 'padded' chairs in the accessible seating help alleviate the pain the hard plastics seats cause)

Those seats (on the concourse) will probably sell (by Opening Day or the week before) for about $400 to $500 a ticket based on past years 'Stub Hub' and other sites 'resales' and tickets sold on eBay and Craigslist.

If those were the seats I got, would I sell for that amount - possibly, but not likely. Even though it would be a modest gain, the time to find other tickets and all would be a pain in the @$$ for the gain achieved.

BUT, the seats that I ended up with (again based on ticket sales in the same area for past Opening Days on Stub Hub, eBay, etc) could quite possibly sell for upwards of $1,000 each. Is ANY game (regardless of the seat location) actually worth $1,000 or more a ticket? To some people, yes - but not to me.

The one thing keeping me from wanting to sell is the fact that it is quite possibly a once in a lifetime opportunity AND the fact that I didn't spend $1,000 a ticket. (Oh yeah... and the fact that my boss just mentioned today that since I paid for Opening Day last year, he would pay this year.) This is a NEW and quite possibly BEST option - I have him pay me back what I paid for these seats (so I'm into them for $0) and I still get to sit in them!

Anyway, thanks for your input!

- Smitty

xpress34
01-23-2011, 12:37 AM
If I were you, I'd keep 1 & go to the game, then just sell the rest.

Kyle -

If it were only that easy young padawan... :D

The tickets aren't just for me... it's me, the wife, her boss, and my boss...

I appreciate the input though!

- Smitty

xpress34
01-23-2011, 12:39 AM
If I was you I'd keep seat #2, sell seats one and three to Reese Witherspoon and Cindy Crawford, and give seat #4 to me.

Mark -

Probably the best response...:D

The only problem is my wife, her boss, my boss... that would mean I would have to give you mine! :p

Thanks for the input!

- Smitty

xpress34
01-23-2011, 12:44 AM
Well considering you would be on TV the ENTIRE game, wave back at me, as I'll be waving at you! Wave Smitty, can't you see me? :p

Look, the Rox are your team. If you got opening day seats to the Spankees, would you sell them? Of course. Will you ever get those seats to a Rox Opening Day game again? Do you really want to give up that opportunity?

Kinda thinking the team realized you were a disabled Vet and wanted to do right by you for your service. Selling them is your right, as there is nothing legally stopping you. Everyone needs the money right? If someone doesn't understand that, oh well. You certainly don't need to explain yourself to anyone. $10k for them could fix problems in anyone's life.

You need to decide what you feel most strongly about. World class seats to your favorite team's only ever 2011 Opening Day or the financial stress selling them relieves on you. The do what feels right.

Gingi -

Oh Jedi Master... you hit all the points that I have considered and am dealing with - except for the three I have mentioned below in other responses:

The Wife
Her Boss
My Boss

And now that they have all figured out where the seats are, the decision heas pretty much been made for me! :o

On the up side - as previously stated - my boss said he wants to pay for this year since I paid for last year, so I might be sitting there for FREE!

No profit or gain, but I get the best of both worlds...

Thanks so much for the input!

- Smitty

xpress34
01-23-2011, 12:51 AM
Almost forgot!

At Rockies Fest today I took a picture of where the seats will be... couldn't go down because of ice and snow.

This picture is taken from the accessible seats at the TOP of 129 on the Concourse (the seats I thought I was getting).

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j442/Lumber_Jack_Bat_Co/openingdayseats.jpg

The Yellow Rectangle is Section 129.

The Blue Circle on the Right is the end of the Rockies dugout.

The Double Red Oblique (Bullseye) is where the seats I got are located.

I'm jonesing for Opening Day already!!!