PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Braves Caravan

kylehess10
01-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Anybody going?

The Braves will be traveling to Tennessee, South Carolina, Alabama, & the metro Atlanta area. Chipper isn't signing this year, but basically everybody else is.

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/atl/community/caravan.jsp?loc=schedule

I'll most-likely be at the ones in Lawrenceville & Roswell.

For anybody going to one that has somebody like Heyward, McCann, Huddy, etc., expect to get there around 3-4 hours early. I did that last year for a couple stops and even after getting there 4 hours early, I was still over 200 back in line.

AutographAddiction
01-22-2011, 08:23 PM
I'll probably try to go to the one in Charlotte, NC. It's the only one close... Just to say Hi to Pete and get some auto's from Derek Lowe.

Do you know if I could possibly get him to sign more than one item? Like 2 or 3?

Thanks.

kylehess10
01-23-2011, 01:49 AM
I'll probably try to go to the one in Charlotte, NC. It's the only one close... Just to say Hi to Pete and get some auto's from Derek Lowe.

Do you know if I could possibly get him to sign more than one item? Like 2 or 3?

Thanks.

You can only get 1 item signed, but I believe you're allowed to go back to the end of the line if you want more (the lines have always been cut off though at all the stops last year).

There's usually someone standing by the players who stops anyone from trying to get additional autographs or certain inscriptions. Last year I asked every player to personalize their autographs to me and I had no problem with that, but I remember one guy in front of me tried to get Bobby Cox to inscribe "95 WS Champs", which he was beginning to do, but some lady from behind made him stop. Not sure why, but you should expect that for just the bigger-name players.

Klattsy
01-23-2011, 06:28 PM
I'll probably try to go to the one in Charlotte, NC. It's the only one close... Just to say Hi to Pete

Tell him Australia says hi and we missed him in the ABL this year! (btw - his Melbourne franchise is in the finals) :)

Mark.

al3xmac10
01-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Hi Kyle, how are you? Sorry but did you receive my email? Thanks.

lakeerie92
01-29-2011, 11:33 PM
I went to the stop today in Auburn, AL. I took my Tim Hudson game used bat from this year to get signed. When I got to the table all of the players got Tim's attention to look at my "Huddy Special." Tim asked if he could hold the bat and when I gave it to him he held it like he was batting and said " I definitely remember this one." Brian Snitker the third base coach made a joke asking him to check if it was cracked. Tim said he was surprised it wasn't cracked, but it does have a huge indention on them back that took it out of commission. Overall it was a great experience and great authentication for my bat.

kylehess10
02-03-2011, 11:16 PM
Anybody else attend any of the caravan stops?

There was an article written about me from the stop in Roswell on Wednesday:

http://eastcobb.patch.com/articles/viewfinder-braves-caravan-comes-to-cobb#photo-4725948

The lines are definitely packed. If anybody is going to the remaining stops, I suggest to get there ATLEAST 3 hours early to guarantee a spot. I got there 5 hours early for the stop with Heyward and 4 hours early for the stop with McCann and I was around 50 back in line for both.

stretch
02-04-2011, 01:04 AM
Anybody else attend any of the caravan stops?

There was an article written about me from the stop in Roswell on Wednesday:

http://eastcobb.patch.com/articles/viewfinder-braves-caravan-comes-to-cobb#photo-4725948

The lines are definitely packed. If anybody is going to the remaining stops, I suggest to get there ATLEAST 3 hours early to guarantee a spot. I got there 5 hours early for the stop with Heyward and 4 hours early for the stop with McCann and I was around 50 back in line for both.

Nice!

AWA85
02-04-2011, 06:37 AM
Great Heyward photo Kyle, nice little write up also.

justinbittner220
02-04-2011, 05:49 PM
Kyle,
Awesome poster. Where'd you get it at?

kylehess10
02-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Thanks guys! It was definitely awesome. I was also interviewed by Fox Sports right after and they said they may want to come over to my house around when the season starts to film all the game used stuff in my room.

Justin- It's a Getty file. I bought a whole bunch of them before the caravan. If you want the file just let me know and I'll e-mail it to you. I have a few others of Heyward as well, and the rest of the participants from the Roswell & Peachtree City caravan stops.

Preston
02-05-2011, 01:54 AM
I'm going to the one here in about 11 hours with Dan Uggla, Mike Minor, Martin Prado and the two scrubs...lol. Uggla is really nice so he'll likely do multiples (I got him a couple weeks ago at another signing and did two 8x10s and 5 cards - even wrote "Go Tigers" (Memphis, not Detroit) on a photo.

kylehess10
02-05-2011, 03:16 AM
I'm going to the one here in about 11 hours with Dan Uggla, Mike Minor, Martin Prado and the two scrubs...lol. Uggla is really nice so he'll likely do multiples (I got him a couple weeks ago at another signing and did two 8x10s and 5 cards - even wrote "Go Tigers" (Memphis, not Detroit) on a photo.

I know a lot of people that really want to attend that, including me, but it's just too much of a drive. But have fun!

oh, and they have rules where you can only get 1 item signed at the caravan. The players can't do inscriptions either, just personalizations. You could definitely try to sneak an inscription though if Uggla allows it. Some of the players simply turned the fans down when they asked for inscriptions of anything.