PDA

View Full Version : Sowfest. Who went and what did you get?

chicagoglen
01-24-2011, 12:11 PM
Did not make it this year. How was it? What did you pick up? Anyone happen to see if there was a Jenks or Garcia Bat?

chicagoglen
01-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Title Should read Soxfest!

soxwin1
01-24-2011, 01:52 PM
They did not have pitchers bats
Brian

platinum1
01-24-2011, 02:06 PM
They had some nice stuff this year.
And some odd stuff too.
They had tons of jerseys with high set numbers.
At first I passed on them because like everybody else I was looking for ones with low set numbers.
But then I went back and started to investigate the jerseys and found some very high set number jerseys with tons of use.
I picked up a Jake Peavy home jersey set 10 that showed use.
When I got home I was able to photomatch it with out a problem to a game in June.
I also picked up a 2005 Juan Uribe game used jersey.
I couldn't believe they would take out something that old out.

ironmanfan
01-24-2011, 03:13 PM
did you say Set 10 ?

wow

sox83cubs84
01-24-2011, 04:16 PM
1998 Charlie O'Brien BP jersey (trade with hobby dealer set up at the event).

Also saw on the rack a 2010 road jersey of bullpen coach Juan Nieves that was a set 6.

Dave Miedema

platinum1
01-24-2011, 05:50 PM
did you say Set 10 ?

wow
Yup I couldn't believe myself but the jersey did show wear.
Ill post pictures when I get home of the photomatch.

platinum1
01-24-2011, 07:11 PM
I'm not good at doing the arrows and circle stuff but here are the pictures
You can easily see how the 4's line up perfectly.
The jersey is a set 8 not a 10 still pretty high. lol

mlbforeverhomer
01-24-2011, 07:36 PM
Any Orlando Cabrera stuff?

platinum1
01-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Any Orlando Cabrera stuff?
Actually yes
They had a TBTC negro league jersey autographed

gameused
01-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Anyone pick-up any Manny Ramirez items?

Thanks, Bobby
hawaii_five0@yahoo.com

Dach0sen0ne
01-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Did they have any game used baseballs? Anyone know if the sox sells them anywhere?

soxwin1
01-25-2011, 10:05 PM
They had a game used St Pats Manny jersey nice use at $1200 a un-used Black at 750 ( no year or set tags which is common on late season additions for the Sox) a GU hat at I believe $250..NO bats or batting helmet.

GU baseballs are always plentiful at $10.00 each and most have the mlb hologram

sox83cubs84
01-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Again, the White Sox garage sale crew allowed early access to a chosen favorite...this time it was a guy who has been affiliated in one manner or another since he was the team's batboy in 1983. He grouped a whole handful of items he wanted on one of the racks, then, as soon as the sale was opened to the non-privileged, grabbed the group and went to the register, making sure no "regular folks" got a chance at them.

Although overall, I feel Soxfest is far superior in most ways to the Cubs Convention, the team's practice of allowing early access to team employees, preferred dealers and people with press credentials in wearing a little thin.:mad:

Dave Miedema

Desi
01-25-2011, 10:17 PM
I picked up an Andruw Jones blonde B45, Gordon Beckham two tone Hickory and and Alex Rios black LS M9. Very happy with the Andruw Jones find...

Someone picked up a nice Omar Vizquel with great use.....beautiful bat.

salukidave
01-26-2011, 12:40 AM
I bought the Ramirez hat along with Jones, Rios and Quentin bats and a Jenks jersey.

I, too, am sick of seeing the Sox let people in the Garage Sale early in full view of the paying customers who wait hours in line to get in.

platinum1
01-26-2011, 12:46 AM
I bought the Ramirez hat along with Jones, Rios and Quentin bats and a Jenks jersey.

I, too, am sick of seeing the Sox let people in the Garage Sale early in full view of the paying customers who wait hours in line to get in.
I agree but did they really take the best things that the Sox had to offer.
I think one of those guys had the black Manny jersey and ended putting back after realizing it wasn't even game used. I think all of us got what we wanted.

BamaHater
01-26-2011, 12:52 AM
Prime example of Chicago cronyism at it's best:p

salukidave
01-26-2011, 01:10 AM
I agree but did they really take the best things that the Sox had to offer.
I think one of those guys had the black Manny jersey and ended putting back after realizing it wasn't even game used. I think all of us got what we wanted.

The only reason more of the good stuff wasn't taken was because the prices were so high that the scammers knew they couldn't turn a profit.

platinum1
01-26-2011, 01:17 AM
The only reason more of the good stuff wasn't taken was because the prices were so high that the scammers knew they couldn't turn a profit.
That's true did you see the Chris Sale jersey? $750 :eek:

Mattapan03
01-26-2011, 09:36 AM
How much were they charging for the different Manny jerseys?

Desi
01-26-2011, 09:56 AM
Did not make it this year. How was it? What did you pick up? Anyone happen to see if there was a Jenks or Garcia Bat?

I got a good look at the wood when they opened the doors and did not see a Jenks or Garcia bat. Could be wrong, but I did scour over them multiple times over the weekend.

mlbforeverhomer
01-26-2011, 10:00 AM

Is the Jenks jersey available?

Thank you,

karamaxjoe
01-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Again, the White Sox garage sale crew allowed early access to a chosen favorite...

I haven't been there in years, but I remember seeing that also. They could at least keep that practice hidden from the people waiting in line for hours.

salukidave
01-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Is the Jenks jersey available?

Thank you,

No. I bought it to add to my 2005 White Sox collection.

chisox2008
01-26-2011, 05:21 PM

Hi,
Is the Quentin bat by any chance available? Please let me know

Thanks,
Chris

AutographAddiction
01-26-2011, 05:32 PM
If anyone REALLY needs something from a Sox player, let me know. I know someone on the staff. I used to train with him last year during the off-season. I have never got an item from him before but I am sure at some point I could try my best and ask him. He'd probably charge me, though, but you never know. Unless I go up to Chicago to see him and possibly get to meet some players for myself.

This is a long-shot, but if someone really needs a piece for a collection, let me know. I'll do my best.

salukidave
01-27-2011, 08:14 PM
None of my items are for sale.

sox83cubs84
01-27-2011, 09:56 PM
That's true did you see the Chris Sale jersey? $750 :eek:

Not that unusual, Edgar...the White Sox have overpriced hype-heavy rookies in the past. Remember last year? Gordon Beckham gamers were going from $750-$1000 each. Today you'd be lucky to get more than 250 for one.

Dave Miedema

platinum1
01-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Not that unusual, Edgar...the White Sox have overpriced hype-heavy rookies in the past. Remember last year? Gordon Beckham gamers were going from $750-$1000 each. Today you'd be lucky to get more than 250 for one.

Dave Miedema
Yeah That's true Dave

grenda12
01-31-2011, 05:03 PM
I picked up another Pierzynski bat but it had something written on it, as well as an autographed bottle of Buehrle's Wine for $30. Didnt look at the jerseys. No Jenks or Garcia gu bat.

Had Buerhle sign my bottle of wine I had bought when they first came out as well as another Gold Glove ball. Had Pierzynski sign my pink mother's day bat as well as my catchers helmet.

Baseballs signed by Danks, Sale, Morrel and Alexei. Had Alexei inscribed with 2010 Silver Slugger.

Crash1207
02-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Again, the White Sox garage sale crew allowed early access to a chosen favorite...this time it was a guy who has been affiliated in one manner or another since he was the team's batboy in 1983. He grouped a whole handful of items he wanted on one of the racks, then, as soon as the sale was opened to the non-privileged, grabbed the group and went to the register, making sure no "regular folks" got a chance at them.

Although overall, I feel Soxfest is far superior in most ways to the Cubs Convention, the team's practice of allowing early access to team employees, preferred dealers and people with press credentials in wearing a little thin.:mad:

Dave Miedema

Same thing happened at the Steiner booth at the Cubs Convention. My buddy and I were the first two people through the door when they opened and went straight there and when I got there, there were already 2-3 piles of items that had been set aside and I was told to not touch them and they were already sold.

mlbforeverhomer
02-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Actually yes
They had a TBTC negro league jersey autographed

I want it!!! Do you know if it is still available? Price?

platinum1
02-01-2011, 10:37 AM
I want it!!! Do you know if it is still available? Price?

Not available someone bought it