PDA

View Full Version : Value of a photomatched HR bat

marinersbaseballfan21
01-25-2011, 01:12 AM
Ok, let's say you have a common player bat valued at $40-$50. What is the value if you photomatch it to a homerun? How about a walkoff homerun? Thanks for any ideas!

rdeversole
01-25-2011, 08:02 AM
I would say at least $100. Anything lower would be insulting. The prestige of owning a HR bat is worth the extra bucks to many people, plus it speaks to the authenticity of the item that much more.

allstarsplus
01-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Ok, let's say you have a common player bat valued at $40-$50. What is the value if you photomatch it to a homerun? How about a walkoff homerun? Thanks for any ideas!

I love walkoff HRs. Probably nothing greater than a walkoff HR. I have one in my collection of Ryan Zimmerman. It is MLB holo'd on the next game and I knew it was the bat and confirmed it with photomatches.

What does it add to the value? A true valuation goes back to the actual HR, the player, and the situation, etc. Was it from a key game like a WS or playoff like that Kirk Gibson? I think with that recent auction you can see what a significant walkoff can do to the value.

One of my favorite HR bats that I owned was a 2009 Albert Pujols. I ended up selling it for around $3,000 which was on the lower end of the market at the time. I could have sold it for more so I didn't maximize the value on it. It was MLB holo'd and uncracked and auto'd from the game he used it. Right now that is a super rare bat. If Albert pulls 200 other HR bats out of a closet, then it probably isn't that rare any more but right now that particular bat is recirculating again as it has changed hands a few times since I let it go and the person selling it is asking more than double what I sold it for back in 2009 and he may get his price. So in that case, a Pujols game used bat vs. a HR bat probably doubles or triples the value IMHO.

Another amazing HR bat that was MLB holo'd and cracked and photomatched to a rare 3 HR game was a Adam Dunn that Ryan Eversole on the Forum now has. Again, it is rare so the value is probably tremendous and will only increase once Dunn makes the 500 HR Club.

It is probably just me, I love a photomatch but add that to a MLB hologram and I think you have the best in authenticity and provenance.

There is another thread about photomathed HR bats here which is very cool. I need to get someone to do the circle thing on my HR bats! http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=40882

allstarsplus
01-25-2011, 11:56 AM
I would say at least $100. Anything lower would be insulting. The prestige of owning a HR bat is worth the extra bucks to many people, plus it speaks to the authenticity of the item that much more.

Your Adam Dunn bat is in a league of its own given the photomatch and MLB hologram and the fact it was used in a 3 HR game just adds to value. In a few years when Dunn enters the 500 HR Club, that bat will be one of the best pieces of his career!

yankees506
01-25-2011, 12:01 PM
need to get someone to do the circle thing on my HR bats!

Its real easy Andrew, you just have to open the photo with paint and crop a circle (in any color you wish) around the spot you want to highlight

allstarsplus
01-25-2011, 12:10 PM
Its real easy Andrew, you just have to open the photo with paint and crop a circle (in any color you wish) around the spot you want to highlight

My wife says I can barely change lightbulbs. LOL

Dach0sen0ne
01-25-2011, 12:52 PM
My wife says I can barely change lightbulbs. LOL
I'd do the "circle thing" for you. Just send me what you need circled.

allstarsplus
01-25-2011, 02:06 PM
I'd do the "circle thing" for you. Just send me what you need circled.

I will do that! Thanks!