PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Senior Bowl Game Jerseys

ruhoos
01-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Not sure if anyone else saw this, but a seller recently listed a ton of Senior Bowl Game Jerseys. Example, # 320649151703

I contacted the seller. He said the jersey shows no marks, doesn't come with a COA and was part of a bulk purchase. The player I was interested in played and had five tackles.

Does anyone know if players wore more than one jersey for this game? Also, anyone think this jersey could just be game issued? Any opinions would be great.

Thanks!

hockeytigers
01-29-2011, 11:08 AM
I ordered 2 of them...i'll let you know when they arrive...

halzeus
01-29-2011, 11:17 AM
Not sure if anyone else saw this, but a seller recently listed a ton of Senior Bowl Game Jerseys. Example, # 320649151703

I contacted the seller. He said the jersey shows no marks, doesn't come with a COA and was part of a bulk purchase. The player I was interested in played and had five tackles.

Does anyone know if players wore more than one jersey for this game? Also, anyone think this jersey could just be game issued? Any opinions would be great.

Thanks!

The seller is a member here.

Refer to this thread: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=40762&page=3

trsent
01-29-2011, 03:19 PM

Thanks!

Yes, I am the seller of these jerseys. I answered the questions when the customer emailed me through eBay. I have bought these jerseys for several seasons now. All the way back to 2003. As I replied to the questioner, the jerseys didn't show much use. I cannot be sure if there were more than one jersey issued per player, but it appears some of the jerseys were washed.

I don't write COA's for jerseys anymore. Years and years ago someone switched jerseys with my COA, so I offer for people to send jerseys to MEARS for authentication.

I don't know how to better answer the questions but to be honest with the questioner. I wish there was a better answer for him, but these jerseys were ones that were sparred being cut up for trading cards, as were the previous years jerseys I obtained. They came from The Senior Bowl to my client to me.

If you do not like my item, please do not buy it, but asking for people to randomly speculate on an item is not fair to me. I do not appreciate the negative speculation. Past seasons jerseys have had more wear, but some seasons the jerseys were like the ones from 2009, little to no wear. It is an All-Star game and the weather could factor into signs of wear.

Here is the picture I posted with the listing on eBay. Please note, no hit marks on the jersey from this photo:

Aloving77
01-29-2011, 03:23 PM
I bought a jersey fromm this seller. Although it is light, it definitely shows game use. Considering that this is an all-star game, I wouldn't expect to see jerseys that were destroyed (rips, tears, etc.) Some NFL jerseys that come from a single game don't show much wear either.

solarlottry
01-29-2011, 11:10 PM
I ordered the Scott Mckillop shirt from this game as he was a 49ers late round pick in 09. I too asked about use considering that he had 5 tackles and 2 assists. One thing though is that it is an "All star" game so I would expect a lack of hits. No one wants to be injured during the Senior Bow! I will post images after I get the shirt although for the price of 120$ it was a steal.

I have a number of NFL gamers which were worn in ONE game which show minimal use. The shirts have team letters and in 5 instances have "Bronco Hinek" tape on the nameplate denoting the game it was used in, so I know they are genuine. These shirts show minimal use so I guess for one game it is possible for the shirt to look relatively new.

I am not really a college gamer collector but for 120$, I said what the heck!

Always looking for 49ers gamers and paying top $$$$$$

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

DJaeger22
01-29-2011, 11:50 PM
trsent, you wouldnt happen to have a benny tate senior bowl jersey

trsent
01-29-2011, 11:53 PM
trsent, you wouldnt happen to have a benny tate senior bowl jersey

No sorry, I don't show his jersey in my inventory. Everything I have is currently listed on eBay.

DJaeger22
01-30-2011, 12:24 AM
ok thanks anyway

Falcon
02-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Just received 2 jerseys I bought from this seller and couldn't be happier. Shows light use around the shoulder pads and all around great looking jerseys!

calgrad1999
02-02-2011, 06:37 PM
I also picked up a Senior Bowl jersey. Good stuff for the price!!!

dwolfe12345
02-04-2011, 11:15 AM
I have bought a few jerseys from Joel and he is a class act. I would not hesitate one bit to purchase anything from him.

hockeytigers
02-05-2011, 06:38 AM
Just opened my package and they are awesome! I am looking forward to the batch from next year...thanks again!!

solarlottry
02-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Got my Scott Mckillop and it shows good one game use plus it is a really nice shirt. The seams also match perfectly with the getty images of the game.

thanks much
Always buying 49ers game used

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

trsent
02-08-2011, 01:32 AM
Just opened my package and they are awesome! I am looking forward to the batch from next year...thanks again!!

It appears the sponsor who supplied me with the jerseys from 2003-2009 didn't sponsor the Senior Bowl in the past two years so it appears my supply is finished.

UGA016
02-08-2011, 09:56 AM
I also have bought a Senior Bowl jersey from him. Always a pleasure. Prices are fair. I was able to pick up a Tim Jennings jersey being he played at UGA. For a First Round pick it was a steal. Gooo Dawggss!!!

djnos7
02-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Joel/TRSENT is a top notch seller on Ebay!!! Bid with 100% confidence, I have purchased many Bulls items from him, and he always comes through... Free shipping is key when your buying high end items, and Joel is awesome i cant say enough. Keep on doing your thing Joel, you have a return customer for life! -Mike.