PDA

View Full Version : Rollie Fingers MVP/Cy Young uniform

Trublubrucru
01-30-2011, 09:30 AM
Rollie Fingers 1981 MVP/Cy Young season home uniform sold at Mears for just under 3000 at their last auction. It sold in their October 2009 for just over 9000.

I have followed this jersey and pants combo for several years now, not just as a Brewer collector, but thats also the uni Rollie is wearing in my GUU sig picture, one of my favorite photos of my youth.
I was totally surprised that this sold for 1/3 of the price that it sold for just 15 months ago. I wasn't prepared to bid because I thought it would go for a much higher price. I am puzzled at why this Hall of Fame worthy piece would take such a dive in such a short amount of time. Looking for members thoughts or opinions on this one. Anyone win this auction ?

Thanks, Jeff
kapsxj4@yahoo.com

karamaxjoe
01-30-2011, 01:18 PM
I'm going to guess the uniform didn't reach its reserve in either auction. The bidders from the first auction must of guessed the reserve was going to be unreachable for the second auction and didn't bother to bid.

sox83cubs84
01-30-2011, 01:37 PM
I'm going to guess the uniform didn't reach its reserve in either auction. The bidders from the first auction must of guessed the reserve was going to be unreachable for the second auction and didn't bother to bid.

Agreed. Plus, MEARS, at least from my days there, tends to place a love and a corresponding value on Breewers items that just doesn't fly in the other 49+ states...after all, they ARE based in Milwaukee.

Dave Miedema