PDA

View Full Version : MLB Authentication Database Error Found!

trsent
01-31-2011, 02:18 AM
So, while sorting through many All-Star Game used jerseys that I'm listing on eBay later today, I found an interesting case:

MLB Authentic #BB-592684

They show a Bryan Anderson 2007 All-Star Futures Game used jersey.

Here are a couple of photos of the jersey:

Now, here are the actual game images from Getty:

It appears this jersey was made in error for Anderson, as the sleeve has a Texas Rangers logo. Anderson played for the St. Louis Cardinals organization, in the Texas League. This explains why the wrong patch was placed on the sleeve. The game images show Anderson wore jersey #8 in the game, not the error #10 jersey hologramed by MLB Authentic.

I have listed this jersey as game issued on eBay even though the database shows otherwise.

AndersonAuthentics
01-31-2011, 03:20 AM
Wrong Anderson. That jersey was worn by Dave Anderson, the manager. Still an error on the authenticators part though.

AndersonAuthentics
01-31-2011, 03:22 AM
Wrong Anderson. That jersey was worn by Dave Anderson, the manager. Still an error on the authenticators part though.

Correction, Anderson was just one of the coaches for the Future's Game, not the manager.

chakes89
01-31-2011, 03:22 AM
I did a little research and it looks like there was a Dave Anderson on the coaching staff of the World Team. At the time, he was managing Double-A Frisco who is affiliated with Texas.

But that still doesn't explain why this particular jersey exists

Link:
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20070621&content_id=2041097&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Another interesting tidbit: Chris Coghlan of the Marlins also wore #8 during the game too

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04AP3qe7fe14N/610x.jpg

trsent
01-31-2011, 04:42 AM
Correction, Anderson was just one of the coaches for the Future's Game, not the manager.

I did a little research and it looks like there was a Dave Anderson on the coaching staff of the World Team. At the time, he was managing Double-A Frisco who is affiliated with Texas.

But that still doesn't explain why this particular jersey exists

Link:
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20070621&content_id=2041097&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Another interesting tidbit: Chris Coghlan of the Marlins also wore #8 during the game too

Great! So I can list this as a Dave Anderson Coach worn jersey!

This forum is great. I spent some time trying to figure it out, and it all makes sense now! I appreciate the help.

Thanks guys!

Also, as in Sunday's NHL All-Star Game, they had I believe six players wearing the same numbers on the same team (three of two different numbers) which made the announcers have to look twice sometimes.

trsent
01-31-2011, 05:05 AM
Also, as in Sunday's NHL All-Star Game, they had I believe six players wearing the same numbers on the same team (three of two different numbers) which made the announcers have to look twice sometimes.

Ok, I had to do the homework. This should have been a new thread by Dave Miedema. There was six total double ups in the game. From the 2011 NHL All-Star Game:

Team Staal:

#30 HENRIK LUNDQVIST
#30 CAM WARD

#10 COREY PERRY
#10 PATRICK SHARP

#26 PATRIK ELIAS
#26 PAUL STASTNY

#22 DANIEL SEDIN
#22 DAN BOYLE

Team Lidstrom:

#91 STEVEN STAMKOS
#91 BRAD RICHARDS

#33 HENRIK SEDIN
#33 DUSTIN BYFUGLIEN

coxfan
01-31-2011, 08:29 AM
Dave Anderson's currently the 3B coach and infield instructor with the AL Champ Rangers. He played 10 major-league seasons, appearing briefly for the Dodgers in their 1988 WS win; so the 2010 WS makes two for him.

xpress34
01-31-2011, 10:47 AM
Great! So I can list this as a Dave Anderson Coach worn jersey!

This forum is great. I spent some time trying to figure it out, and it all makes sense now! I appreciate the help.

Thanks guys!

Joel -

I think what Chakes was trying to point out is that in the article he posted the link to - Anderson is listed as a coach for the WORLD team, NOT the USA... so there is still some issues with this jersey's existence!

World Team
Coaches:
Dave Anderson Manager, Frisco RoughRiders Texas Rangers Texas League/AA
Tim Bogar Manager, Akron Aeros Cleveland Indians Eastern League/AA
Tony DeFrancesco Manager, Sacramento River Cats Oakland Athletics Pacific Coast League/AAA
Trent Jewett Manager, Indianapolis Indians Pittsburgh Pirates International League/AAA
John Shoemaker Manager, Jacksonville Suns Los Angeles Dodgers Southern League/AA
Guy Hansen Pitching Coach, Richmond Braves Atlanta Braves International League/AAA

- Smitty

trsent
01-31-2011, 11:35 AM
Joel -

I think what Chakes was trying to point out is that in the article he posted the link to - Anderson is listed as a coach for the WORLD team, NOT the USA... so there is still some issues with this jersey's existence!

- Smitty

Ok, now my head is spinning.