I'm really confused by MLB authentication info. MN Twins related.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • punch
    • Feb 2010

I'm really confused by MLB authentication info. MN Twins related.

So I picked up this Alexi Casilla bat really cheap at Twinsfest, and the MLB holo reads LH-555798. The look up has some VERY weird info. It says:

Session Name: OAK AT KC
    Session Date: August 08, 2009
    Autographer:
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
    Additional Information: "ALEXI CASILLA" OLD HICKORY BAT, CRACKED HANDLE, LUKE HOCHEVAR PITCHING

A few things:

1. his bat was in the Twins Pro Shop's collection so if this bat was used by an Athletic player, I'm not sure why they would have it.

2. On the 8-8-2009 OAK vs KC game, Hochevar never pitched. http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...00908080.shtml

3. Twins did play on 8-8-2009 vs the Tigers, and Alexi did have 2 at bats. http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...00908080.shtml

So, I'm totally confused. This MLB holo seems to be pretty worthless haha. Anyone seen one this messed up? Or am I totally nuts and it's just fine and I'm missing some key information that's right in front of me.

• MLB_Authentic
    • Oct 2009

Re: I'm really confused by MLB authentication info. MN Twins related.

Just double your money and sell it to me.

Comment

• punch
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by MLB_Authentic
      Just double your money and sell it to me.
      Trade?!

So what do you think of this MLB info? You're an expert. They just really mess it up that badly?

Comment

• MLB_Authentic
        • Oct 2009

If it came back to the Twins Pro Shop, it was used by Alexi. They just messed up somehow. I can't understand how they don't even have the Twins listed as one of the teams though. Weird.

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
          • Jul 2010

Probably from this game.

Minnesota Twins beat Kansas City Royals (5-4). Aug 21, 2009, Attendance: 22283, Time of Game: 3:11. Visit Baseball-Reference.com for the complete box score, play-by-play, and win probability

They probably just entered under that session date.

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
            • Jul 2010

He had 2 at bats against Hochevar in that game and used the same bat in both at bats. It had 2 marks that might show up on the bat. Hope this helps.
            Attached Files

Comment

• David
              • Sep 2024

I was at the the Mariners' team store at the stadium and they had game used items from non-Mariners players. It appeared they tried to have a variety of stuff for fans. Too much Yankees stuff as i recall.

Comment

• punch
                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Dach0sen0ne
                He had 2 at bats against Hochevar in that game and used the same bat in both at bats. It had 2 marks that might show up on the bat. Hope this helps.
                DUDE!! I think we may have a winner. I didn't even think to look around the same month for a KC game with the correct pitcher.

Think it's a match??

Comment

• spartanservitto
                  • May 2010

Yea, thats a photo match.

-Tony
                  sigpic
                  Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
                  My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
                  My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Comment

• punch
                    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by spartanservitto
                    Yea, thats a photo match.

-Tony
                    I love this forum! haha

I owe Dach0sen0ne a beer! Thanks so much man.

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
                      • Jul 2010

AWESOME! Glad I could help out, it looks like a match to me.

Comment

• punch
                        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Dach0sen0ne
                        AWESOME! Glad I could help out, it looks like a match to me.
                        You rock! I went from having no clue what game this bat was being used in, to having a photomatch, in a matter of a few hours.

Such a great group of memorabilia nerds on this site. I love it.

Comment

• yankees506
                          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by punch
                          You rock!
                          Such a great group of memorabilia nerds on this site. I love it.

Hey buddy dont call anyone on this site a "nerd" we perfer the term geek

Comment

• mlupo
                            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by punch
                            DUDE!! I think we may have a winner. I didn't even think to look around the same month for a KC game with the correct pitcher.

Think it's a match??
                            Sometimes the authentication date is just that, the date the authenticators put the holo on it, not always the date it was used.

Comment

Working...