Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nationals2k9
    • Sep 2008

Manny Ramirez game used 555th career HR jersey

I just received the new centerpiece to my Manny Ramirez collection - Manny's game used MLB authenticated 555th career HR jersey and also his only HR with the White Sox. Big thanks to Edgar (platinum1) for presenting this jersey to me and working out a relatively flawless transaction. The jersey is unwashed and displays a lot of use for just one game with obvious tobacco stains on both sleeves. There are much smaller tobacco stains visible down the center as well. The second numeral '9' on the reverse shows sweat coming through. Also a couple of loose threads here and there and minor fraying.

There is a very telling video on MLB.com that I continue to watch. The announcers start out talking about the psychological side to hitting and how Manny is a fun-loving guy and then 'BOOM' he lines one out over the left field wall. When he gets back to the dugout you can see him spit down the center of the jersey before getting mobbed by his teammates. Then my favorite part right at the end, "If not the most dominant right-handed hitter of the..."

Hologram number FJ125243 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED JERSEY.
    Session Product Description:
    Game: MANNY RAMIREZ HIT HIS 555TH CAREER HR AND HIS 1ST HR FOR THE WHITE SOX

Session Name: DET AT CWS
    Session Date: September 17, 2010
    Autographer:
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
    Additional Information: MANNY RAMIREZ
    Attached Files
  • platinum1
    Banned
    • Mar 2008

Re: Manny Ramirez game used 555th career HR jersey

I'm glad you love the jersey
    Now time to have it framed
    You wouldn't want it to get dirty LOL!!

Comment

• dcgreg25
      • Jan 2008

Congrats on a great jersey! Now I know the item that caused you to sell me the Manny Indians bat. The bat arrived today- Thanks!

Comment

• nationals2k9
        • Sep 2008

Edgar - I would get it framed right now but you have all my money

Greg - Glad you got it, hope it was what you were looking for!

What does everyone else think? I wish I could capture this beauty better with pictures but it's tough for some reason. Maybe I need an equipment upgrade? Was great to see Manny and Johnny Damon mix it up with the media yesterday in Tampa. Getting excited for the 2011 season!

Comment

• sox83cubs84
          Banned
          • Apr 2009

Cool jersey...interesting, as well, that his one Chisox HR came on the one occasion that these jerseys were worn.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• LWMM
            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by nationals2k9
            What does everyone else think? I wish I could capture this beauty better with pictures but it's tough for some reason. Maybe I need an equipment upgrade? Was great to see Manny and Johnny Damon mix it up with the media yesterday in Tampa. Getting excited for the 2011 season!
            Must be pretty cool to have the jersey from what is currently his last home run. That said, I'm surprised you're not hoping that Ramirez flames out and doesn't hit any more in 2011

Comment

• platinum1
              Banned
              • Mar 2008

This jersey might be the only documented Manny Home Run jersey.
              Its a great looking jersey with tons of use

Comment

• onlyalbert
                • Jan 2011

I have a question. In your opinion what is an average price of a game used MLB jersey? Average player, minor star, star etc. I can assume a basement price of $100 or so, but what would someone be likely to encounter? Just curious to everyone's thoughts. And how much for your favorite player?

Comment

• nationals2k9
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by onlyalbert
                  I have a question. In your opinion what is an average price of a game used MLB jersey? Average player, minor star, star etc. I can assume a basement price of $100 or so, but what would someone be likely to encounter? Just curious to everyone's thoughts. And how much for your favorite player?
                  In my opinion, a very tough question to answer. For me, there's a premium on a Manny shirt that's unwashed, MLB authenticated, linked to a HR (albeit the only one with the team), and from a guy who spent years in Boston apparently ordering tons of extra gear and adding his own tags and signing it all "game used" (just some rumors out there, not saying it's all bad stuff). Although I don't have tons of money lying around, I can honestly say I waited for this to come along and feel like my patience paid off this time. But to generalize about prices is very tough, even more so than with bats I would say. You can always browse MLB auctions, eBay, and all the rest and form your own opinion pretty quick! Thanks

Comment

• nationals2k9
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by LWMM
                    Must be pretty cool to have the jersey from what is currently his last home run. That said, I'm surprised you're not hoping that Ramirez flames out and doesn't hit any more in 2011
                    I had that thought that if he never hit another one, this thing would be that much more special. But he's 170 RBI away from 2000 and with two more full healthy seasons there's a shot to get there. But most of all, he's so good for the game since you either hate the guy or love the guy and that will probably never change.

Comment

• Rob L
                      • Nov 2005

Hmm. Good question. I would say the average jersey averages $150. My favorite player is Troy Percival - jerseys that I have ranged from $125 to $700 for one of his all-star jerseys, average of $350 (out of the seven jerseys I have),
                      Rob L
                      loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• Rob L
                        • Nov 2005

BTW, killer jersey Nat2K9. Congrats.
                        Rob L
                        loefflerrd@cox.net

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• NeonStatus
                          • Apr 2010

Wow, I really like the jersey. When I seen the post about it being at Sox fest I was trying to get together some money to buy it. Looks like you purchased it before could. If you ever want to move that jersey I would definitely appreciate it just as much as you do (I truly mean it).

Very nice pick up.

Comment

• onlyalbert
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Rob L
                            Hmm. Good question. I would say the average jersey averages $150. My favorite player is Troy Percival - jerseys that I have ranged from $125 to $700 for one of his all-star jerseys, average of $350 (out of the seven jerseys I have),
                            I have always found if funny that you can buy a game used jersey at most team stores of an average player far cheaper than you can buy a retail jersey.

Comment

• Rob L
                              • Nov 2005

I have always found if funny that you can buy a game used jersey at most team stores of an average player far cheaper than you can buy a retail jersey.
                              Very true. I bought a GU Angels jersey for $129 at the stadium a couple of years ago and the retail versions were selling for $139. Crazy.
                              Rob L
                              loefflerrd@cox.net

Comment

Working...