PDA

View Full Version : White Sox signed OF Lastings Milledge

platinum1
02-03-2011, 01:34 PM
White Sox signed OF Lastings Milledge to a minor league contract.

The contract includes an invite to spring training. Milledge, who turns

What happend to him?
I would think that he still has some upside.

This is a nice signing by the Sox for the price

LastingsMilledge85
02-03-2011, 04:04 PM
It's a tough team to make, but if he has an impressive spring he should make the team. I would have never, ever expected a team like the White Sox to take him given they have an established outfield, but it can work out in their favor if he can turn it around. Hopefully, him signing as a MINOR LEAGUER will help get him started on a path to success. Am a bit disappointed though that he has crossed over to the AL.

platinum1
02-03-2011, 05:02 PM
It's a tough team to make, but if he has an impressive spring he should make the team. I would have never, ever expected a team like the White Sox to take him given they have an established outfield, but it can work out in their favor if he can turn it around. Hopefully, him signing as a MINOR LEAGUER will help get him started on a path to success. Am a bit disappointed though that he has crossed over to the AL.
Keep me posted if you are interested in picking up a White Sox Milledge jersey. But it might be until next year before something comes up

LastingsMilledge85
02-03-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm always interested in anything they have of his. I just hope that their prices aren't steep for the caliber of a player he is.

Bravesfan
02-03-2011, 05:49 PM
What happend to him?

Maybe his head is just in the game?

Bravesfan
02-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Maybe his head is just in the game?
I mean,
Maybe his head just isn't in the game.

Looks like my head isn't where it should be either. :D

platinum1
02-03-2011, 09:00 PM
I'm always interested in anything they have of his. I just hope that their prices aren't steep for the caliber of a player he is.
If he doesn't become a superstar with the team then it shouldn't be that high. Maybe less then $200.

platinum1
02-03-2011, 09:05 PM
I mean,
Maybe his head just isn't in the game.

Looks like my head isn't where it should be either. :D
I think being under Ozzie Guillen will help him out alot.
The Sox have been known for developing former first round picks.
Gavin Floyd, Matt Thornton, Carlos Quentin, Sergio Santos

Bravesfan
02-03-2011, 11:12 PM
I think being under Ozzie Guillen will help him out alot.
The Sox have been known for developing former first round picks.
Gavin Floyd, Matt Thornton, Carlos Quentin, Sergio Santos
I agree with you. Ozzie has a way of making you pay attention thats for sure.

platinum1
03-18-2011, 02:12 AM
It looks like Milledge is going to make the team.
He's having a nice spring training

LastingsMilledge85
03-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Yeah he is, but the problem I see is that with him being in the AL it could be awhile before he gets in. Once the Pirates benched him last year he struggled to find his groove when he played sparingly. The only "lock" with him is that he grinds out each at bat and gives lefties fits. I was most impressed with Viciedo actually until his injury that sunk his hopes of making the team.

LastingsMilledge85
04-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Cut after one start and four plate appearances. That was fast...

Dach0sen0ne
04-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Wonder why the just cut him. He had a good spring and didn't get a good chance to mess anything up during the season. :confused:

LastingsMilledge85
04-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Wonder why the just cut him. He had a good spring and didn't get a good chance to mess anything up during the season. :confused:

It is a little bizarre, I wonder if something happened after he cost them two runs in the first. His bat looks like it's getting better, but I have really never seen a case like this. A position player gets one start and that's it? 1-4 with a double and one strikeout on top of an impressive spring. Something else has to be apart of it.

Desi
04-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Well, from what I read, he was designated for assignment, which gives them time to decide what to do with him, with one of the options being a release.

I think this was more of a move to bring a 12th pitcher as the Sox have been using up the arms in the bullpen early and they haven't looked great. If that was the case, I guess Milledge would be the odd man out.

LastingsMilledge85
04-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Well, from what I read, he was designated for assignment, which gives them time to decide what to do with him, with one of the options being a release.

I think this was more of a move to bring a 12th pitcher as the Sox have been using up the arms in the bullpen early and they haven't looked great. If that was the case, I guess Milledge would be the odd man out.

Lillibridge's hitting I don't think comes close to Milledge's, just having versatility above him and with Dunn having an appendectomy and really not having an exact time table for his return, you could DL Dunn and not lose a player until his return.