PDA

View Full Version : Roid rage?

Bravesfan
02-03-2011, 05:45 PM
I was watching MLB networks 50 most infamous arguments and was wondering jsut how many may have been fuiled by roid rage.
I remember when Clemens throwed the broken bat at Piazza and just kept calling for the ball. He acted like a lunitic.
Or when normally mild mannered David Ortiz when crazy.

CampWest
02-04-2011, 02:17 PM
I remember when Clemens throwed the broken bat at Piazza and just kept calling for the ball. He acted like a lunitic.

http://home.everestkc.net/wescampbell/bats/clemens%20bat.JPG

And Clemens said after the game he didnt know he was throwing the bat, that he thought it was the ball... And yet no one asked the follow up of why he would throw a ball at the runner rather than to the first baseman... I mean obviously he's not playing kickball. And I don't believe that a professional pitcher can look at pick up and throw a bat while thinking it was a ball. In other words, Clemens is a liar, and a bad liar at that.

http://home.everestkc.net/wescampbell/bats/clemens%20bat2.JPG

Jags Fan Dan
02-04-2011, 02:19 PM
In other words, Clemens is a liar, and a bad liar at that.

I think Congress agrees with you.

Shipp_96
02-04-2011, 02:33 PM
Don't forget that playoff game in Oakland in the late early 90's, when he went
b@tsh!t and starting cursing the Ump out from the mound, and then had to be restrained.

To me, PURE roid rage at it's finest.

Shipp_96
02-04-2011, 02:34 PM
* I meant early 90's

DJaeger22
02-04-2011, 02:44 PM
i wonder where that piazza bat is

both-teams-played-hard
02-04-2011, 03:16 PM
i wonder where that piazza bat is
cue: off-topic dig

DJaeger22
02-04-2011, 04:12 PM
it was such a big part of that series i was just thinking out loud... my bad

but you see guys like Paul O'Neill go crazy in the dug out and its out of passion but guys like roger must be fueled by artificial means

both-teams-played-hard
02-04-2011, 05:41 PM
it was such a big part of that series i was just thinking out loud... my bad

I wasn't calling you out...no worries. Sorry if my reply was cryptic.

I can think of countless examples of roid rage in sports. However, some dudes are just crazy.