PDA

View Full Version : NFL Helmet Question MacPro?

Eric
02-04-2011, 08:28 AM
Hey everyone-
Was wondering if you could help me with something. Does anyone know anything about the helmet manufacturer MacPro or Mac-Pro? I have heard of MaxPro, but not this.
The manufacturing date clock appears to suggest this was made in March 1980. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Eric

Vikingshelmetguy
02-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Hi Eric, I suggest you contact Curtis at the Helmethut.com website--he and his team know alot about those old Mac-Pro and Kelly/MacGregor clear shelled helmets (which are very rare and worth a ton of money). Also, I suggest you run this question by GUU member Aeneas01 (Robert) who knows an incredible amount of information about old NFL helmet brands, especially rare off-brands like this Mac-pro helmet.

Eric
02-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I have reached out to Robert (Aeneas01). Looking forward to his response, as he is the most knowledgeable helmet guy I know.

Trading emails with Curtis about it as well. Any help by anyone is appreciated.
Best,
Eric

Hi Eric, I suggest you contact Curtis at the Helmethut.com website--he and his team know alot about those old Mac-Pro and Kelly/MacGregor clear shelled helmets (which are very rare and worth a ton of money). Also, I suggest you run this question by GUU member Aeneas01 (Robert) who knows an incredible amount of information about old NFL helmet brands, especially rare off-brands like this Mac-pro helmet.

Eric
04-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Bump
Anyone have any info about this company?
Much appreciated
Eric

yosef777
04-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Eric,
You probably know most of this and I am not sure of the "MacPro" company but that helmet looks like the "MaxPro" model kineomatic 21 helmet to my eyes. The MaxPro Company, based in Texas, was originally the Marietta Company that was sold in the mid 70's and became MaxPro. In the early to mid 80's MaxPro bought out Bill Kelley Athletics (which was originally MacGregor) was another clearshell manufacturer. LMK if you find out any other info.

Eric
01-26-2013, 12:23 AM
Bump. Any new folks have some thoughts on this thread?
Thanks, Eric