PDA

View Full Version : Possible Steelers game worn helmet?

Shipp_96
02-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Hello,

I apologize again or posting on here so much, but I was reading the wonderful thread last night showing everyone's NFL collection, and was shocked to see familiar marking inside a helmet I have owned for 3 years now.

Long story here: I buy refurbished helmets and put new logos on them to get them signed. It is SO much cheaper than buying new, and they look cool. I have never tried to pass these off as gamers, but simply refurbished by me.

Well, I bought this on Ebay and the guy knew little to nothing about it. It was $45. When I got it I was amazed at how faded and dingy the logos and stripe were, so I bought replacements stickers to make it look new (nice, I know if it is real) to cover the old ones. I also added a black riddell chinstrap, inside ear guards and The Bus' #36 with the American flag to the front and rear. It has been signed by Jerome Bettis, Troy Polamalu, Hines Ward and James Harrison at various shows here in the DC area that I have attended.

It also stinks to high heaven and has massive sweat marks inside the padding. I have attached what I think are key photos to help verify if it is indeed a gamer, or maybe just a really nice 1995-96 Riddell Authentic. Inside on the facemask it has printed in white letters: Riddell Inc. 06-96, Meets NOCSAE standard. Also has stickers reading: TM/copyright NFLPA 1995, a warning sticker that says how it needs to be fitted and modified and to read the instructions, VSR-4, Product code, 41133 REG, 41134XL. The padding on the back says RIDDELL: 16752-1. It also has the Riddell "R" logo painted on the shell, not a sticker. A embedded logo on the back that is in a square, and reads: MEETS NOCSAE, a football helmet drawing, STANDARD, SEE INSTRUCTIONS INSIDE.

It matters to me little either way, since I am keeping this for my personal collection, but to know I own a GU Steelers helmet would be sweet, and a great story!