PDA

View Full Version : Shannon Sharpe is heading to Canton!

NYRangers
02-05-2011, 09:57 PM
A Mile High Salute!
And an excuse to show off this helmet from my collection.
1996 Shannon Sharpe game worn Broncos helmet.
Old defunct style and decal from 1997 Pro Bowl (played February 2, 1997) the last game that any Broncos wore the old style).
Sourced from Herman Moore who got it in swap with Sharpe after the Pro Bowl.
Photomatched to late season games in 1996.

slambam
02-05-2011, 11:46 PM
Wow, very sweet.

legaleagle92481
02-06-2011, 12:29 AM
Nice helmet. How he was not first ballot I don't get. Greatest TE ever hands down.

spartanservitto
02-06-2011, 01:40 AM
Did they replace the decal for the pro bowl... because that is sickkkkk.

-Tony

mbenga28
02-07-2011, 08:41 AM
is it me, or how come I see a blue striping next to the middle orange on the helmet but not on the Getty Image one?

NEFAN
02-07-2011, 03:38 PM
is it me, or how come I see a blue striping next to the middle orange on the helmet but not on the Getty Image one?

Good catch, distinctly different.

nycpropain
02-07-2011, 03:43 PM
As its been said sadly thats not a photomatch, good luck on your further search.

NYRangers
02-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Hi Friends.
Thanks for the posts.
This helmet is photomatched and to the photos you see.
The quality of the photo used for upload to this site is limited.
There are matching characteristics to these photos in various marks on the helmet, padding, mask and numerals.
The fact that the striping has slight edge peeling in the 15 years since the helmet was worn does not change the photomatch. Over time, it is common for striping to peel, shift, etc.
The photos I was able to upload are of this same helmet but were posted to show the helmet, not to highlight any particular match points.
Thanks again for the input.

CollectGU
02-08-2011, 09:08 AM
I've seen the striping lift up. It is very common, and cannot discount the helmet...I think that the where size adjustment clip on the riddell chinstrap fall on the actual strap is exact to the photos.

Dave

jake33
02-08-2011, 10:21 AM
I was always amzed how late of a draft pick he was, given the success and workout/training methods of his brother Sterling Sharpe.

Would love to see Sterling do his HOF intro speach.

nycpropain
02-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Hi Friends.
Thanks for the posts.
This helmet is photomatched and to the photos you see.
The quality of the photo used for upload to this site is limited.
There are matching characteristics to these photos in various marks on the helmet, padding, mask and numerals.
The fact that the striping has slight edge peeling in the 15 years since the helmet was worn does not change the photomatch. Over time, it is common for striping to peel, shift, etc.
The photos I was able to upload are of this same helmet but were posted to show the helmet, not to highlight any particular match points.
Thanks again for the input.

I dont see any of these but congratulations.

mbenga28
02-08-2011, 04:00 PM
I dont see any of these but congratulations.

not sure what the term is for that white rectangular piece at the base of the helmet, right below the numbers but it seems much thicker in the game photo than the actual helmet.

OP can you perhaps show us exactly where your helmet matches with the photo, is there some distinguishing marking you can point us to?