PDA

View Full Version : Ebay member caballosstuff (Winter League Jerseys)

dwolfe12345
02-06-2011, 01:46 PM
I was on Ebay and noticed some nice game used Winter League baseball jerseys. I was just seeing if someone with more knowledge can tell me about them? Is this Ebay member also a member on this site? I really like one of the jerseys and want to bid but I dont know enough about them to purchase without some advise on their authenticity. Thanks to all!

rdeversole
02-06-2011, 02:20 PM
I don't know anything about the seller but I've noticed he puts pictures of the players in the jerseys and they never seem to be match up to the jerseys he's offering.... just my .02 though.

mlbforeverhomer
02-06-2011, 04:44 PM
I was going to deal with him for a Francisco Rodriguez GU winter ball jersey. I got with MUSEOVEN and he confirmed that it was not authentic. I tried to get with the seller to let him know about the information I found out about the jersey but he never emailed me back.

Hope this helps,

dwolfe12345
02-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Thats the same jersey I wanted. What information did he offer to discredit the jerseys?

rdeversole
02-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Also - the prices seem too good to be true on some of them if they were to be real. I'd avoid. The jerseys not matching anything in the pictures seems like a big clue to me that this guy doesn't have much to go on to authenticate these jerseys.

dwolfe12345
02-06-2011, 05:28 PM
The KRod jersey he just had on Ebay had matching pictures. I just don't know much about the way the jerseys were marketed. I don't know if they sell these jerseys kind of like MLB teams do. I mean can you buy an "authentic" Winter ball jersey that look like the real thing? Or will they not have the advertising patches or what? I know museoven has alot of info about these things. This guy does have a ton of these "game used" jerseys though, which is a huge red flag for me.

H2R-JU10
02-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Could you please let us know what information did he offer?

dwolfe12345
02-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Here is a sample listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=170598735742&si=vIAUhGQL9RLeJ2LAd519TpgjgdA%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Lokee
02-06-2011, 11:24 PM
I was in contact with the seller and here is what he told me:

i work for the Magallanes team as a Clubhouse manager, also im the clubbie of the Venezuelan World classic team, but i can show you tons of pics of my wall and baseball memorabillia, also you can google my name attilio ambrosio and youll see a lot of my baseball career as a player, agent and clubhouse manager, thanks a lot...

Lokee
02-06-2011, 11:26 PM
I was gonna pull the trigger on a couple jersey's but I noticed he has sold 2 sometimes 3 of the same jersey. It bothered me so I passed.

dwolfe12345
02-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Who knows he may be legit then! If so some people got steals on those jerseys. He had a Johan Santana go for 100.

Lokee
02-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Who knows he may be legit then! If so some people got steals on those jerseys. He had a Johan Santana go for 100.

Too good to be true ? Who knows.

He is still pumping out some of the jersey's as we speak.

dwolfe12345
02-07-2011, 07:42 PM
According to the internet this dude is the cousin of Edguardo Alfonso and he formed a Mets summer league team. He seems legit if that is really him.

Lokee
02-07-2011, 07:55 PM
I asked him if any documentation came with the jersey I inquired about and he told me his english is very poor but he will do his best.

MUSEOVEN
02-09-2011, 09:12 AM
Hello: If anyone want, i have a francisco rodriguez game used jersey venezuelan league jersey used in the season 2009-10 for sale;) or if you want any particular jersey used here in venezuela shot me a e mail . Thanks

museoven@hotmail.com

Hangtime8
02-09-2011, 09:57 PM
I sent the seller a question as to how he was able to list the same jerseys over and over. Here was the response I got back.

As a clubhouse manager, i keep all the jerseys from the players, 6 home, , 6 away, 6 alternate A and 6 alternate B, i don't see the problem, selling my stuff, you can also check my feedbacks, thanks

- caballosstuff

I have to question that the players would use that many jerseys in a season so short.

Lokee
02-09-2011, 10:15 PM
I think at best they are team issued at best :rolleyes: as there would be no need like you said to have 6 sets of each style.

dougiedshow
02-09-2011, 10:29 PM
I have seen several jerseys listed of the same player, but they appear to be from different seasons and home/away variations. I found quite a bit of information about the seller and his relationship with the Magallanes. If he is giving his real name, I'm inclined to say they're legit. Wouldn't you think we'd see more on the market if they were sold to the public?

dwolfe12345
02-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Well guys after doing a ton of research on the net I believe they are real. I couldnt even find a place that sells jerseys that look like that. I got the KRod jersey from him at 84.00 delivered. After he sent me his payment info, that is in fact his real name. The guy looks legit to me. I think I got a steal on the jersey. Now I will take it to get it signed during the season and see what KRod says about it. Maybe he knows the guy personally since he has played baseball with him for quite a few years.

dwolfe12345
02-10-2011, 09:22 PM
On a second note. I just tracked my order and it was indeed shipped from Venezuela. So even if it was a game issued jersey I feel like I got a good deal. I emailed him asking if he happened to have any Elvis Andrus items and havent heard anything back yet.

nycpropain
02-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Just a heads up after inspecting one in person it appears these may be team issues jerseys with some one possibly numbering blank jerseys. The stitching on the numbers is an extremely amateur job, the rest of the patches look legit and are double stitched by a pro. Yet the numbers are done with an at home sewing machine.

RED FLAG

EurekaDave
02-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Sometimes you just have to go with your gut. I've bought three jerseys from this guy -- including an Elvis Andrus. I like them

I don't have a problem with the sewing machine stitching on the numbers. Knowing what I do about Caribbean Winter Leagues, they don't have a big budget for uniform work. No doubt these uniforms were mass-produced but I am OK with that. Just enjoy yourself.

Dave Silverbrand

dwolfe12345
02-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Yeah I'm the same way. I am very happy with my jerseys. I did notice the stitching difference but after learning the background of the guy selling them he seems very legit. I've spoke with him many times through email and I'm totally fine giving him my money for the jerseys.

nycpropain
02-23-2011, 06:09 PM
If you guys are happy thats cool, but I am telling you this jersey I looked for a over was not game worn at all. One of the numbers where hanging off due to shotty stitch work yet every other patch was double stitched professionally. I have seen several winter jerseys over the last few years and NONE looked this bad. This literally had several different color stitches as if they kept running out of thread. Also I am curious on how the patches where rock solid as if never washed yet not a spot of dirt under a black light and the numbers where clearly worn and soft.

The buyer said when he asked to return it the seller finally told him they where "left overs stitched". When he pressed to explain all of a sudden he didnt want to talk and gave him an address to return it to. Take it for what its worth, I just remembered this topic when the customer asked about the jersey. I was just spreading the word of his transaction.

What I told the buyer was this. Why is a team who cant afford proper number stitching ordering 6 jerseys per player? When to good to be true it usually is.

dwolfe12345
02-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Well guys after inspectioning my jersey very closely I have to agree they are most likely fake. Here is how I have come to this conclusion. My numbers are not sewn on, they are ironed on. Everything thing else is professionally stitched. Upon looking at the Maltin/Polar logo on the sleeve, I noticed it was in a different stich pattern. But the most telling sign to me is the years the seller associated with the jerseys. He claimed my jersey was an 07. Well that's all nice and fine, but it has the tribute patch to Geremi Gonzalez who died mid 08. Francisco Rodriguez did not play the 08 season with the Magallenes, he played it with the Tigers. So there is no way this jersey can be authentic. I believe the seller is selling authentic "game jerseys", but I believe they are like nycpropain said probably team issued jerseys. I am glad I didnt buy more stuff from this seller.

EurekaDave
02-24-2011, 12:31 AM
Well, you can drive yourself crazy with this stuff. I was selling a Mariners jersey on eBay -- starting price $.01. I had a Mariners LOA and an MLB hologram. The guy still was not convinced. Jersey price $.01!!!!

Another time I sold a jersey the buyer swore was fake. I offered a full refund and he refused so he could prove to the collecting world that I was a crook.

So I think we get carried away. Besides, when a guy pressed "Caballostuff" about the jersey's authenticity: "...all of a sudden he didnt want to talk and gave him an address to return it to."

A return address? What else do you need?

I'll keep an open mind, and if anyone shows a jersey to the Venezuelan player, I would love to know what they say. Thanks for reading. Vaya con Dios.

Dave Silverbrand
das1721@att.net

nycpropain
02-24-2011, 01:26 AM
A return address? What else do you need?

I'll keep an open mind, and if anyone shows a jersey to the Venezuelan player, I would love to know what they say. Thanks for reading. Vaya con Dios.

Dave Silverbrand
das1721@att.net

Incorrect I just spoke to the buyer. When asked about the strange stitching job (no mention of refund at this point) the seller said this jersey was "left overs stitched" and when he asked what that meant he just refunded the money (before getting the jersey back) and gave a Florida address for return.

He even tried to sell him another one from this player since as he said he still had 2 left. And a simple ebay history search shows he has sold 3 away jerseys from this particular player already, and he says he still has 2 left? That means he has 5 away jerseys? But wait it gets better, he has also sold a alternate and a home jersey making the total now 7.

Its my opinion the jerseys are some what authentic, but the numbers where added to the blank left over jerseys. And I can tell you with out a doubt he has sold jerseys that dont match up patch wise (see above) with the players playing time. That alone is enough to back off for me personally since that makes no sense. I cant speak for all of his jerseys obviously only the one I seen in person and the pictures of the ones he has sold. But I would proceed with caution personally.

dwolfe12345
02-25-2011, 12:18 PM
I emailed the seller about KRod possibly not play for his team in 08-09. Here is what he said:

No my friend, he did play ROUND ROBIN WITH MAGALLANES....he belogns to TIBURONES, Magallanes lost in round robin, then players switched for the finalist teams CARACAS and TIGRES

We have 8 teams in Venezuela

Only 5 goes to the round robin, so teams can take 2 playes as a substitutes from the eliminated teams.
After round robin, the best 2 teams go to the finals, best of 7, meanwhile you can take 4 players from the eliminated teams, its a mess, but basically, you have chance to play in almost every team if you got eliminated..

Thats how works here, sucks!!! i dont agree, but players become to get ready for spring training and lots of them leave....so we need substitutes

H2R-JU10
02-25-2011, 06:16 PM
dwolfe12345, nycpropain, and EurekaDave: Could you please post pics of the stitching on these jerseys? Thanks

godwulf
02-25-2011, 11:08 PM
I bought a jersey from the Seller in question a year or two ago. I showed the listing to Museoven, who told me that it looked genuine to him. I'm pleased with it, and would probably do business with the guy again.

dwolfe12345
02-27-2011, 10:03 AM
All of my pictures are too big. I can email photos to anyone interested.

H2R-JU10
02-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Please send phtos to hramirezh2r@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!

Sportsislife
02-27-2011, 05:35 PM
I dunno about his stuff, I'd assume most of it is just issued but I think he may actually have some connection to the team. He sent me a pic of apparent game used batting helmets. I don't know how ready this stuff is available as I know very little about winter leagues but I believe they r autentic game issued.
I can email anyone the pic I got
Davidrobrecht@gmail.com

dwolfe12345
02-27-2011, 06:52 PM
David, please email me the pics at dustin.wolfe@erac.com Thanks!

H2R-JU10
03-13-2011, 01:54 PM
Museoven, Could You Please Post Pics Of The Inside Stitching From The Navegantes Game Used Jerseys? I Am Specially Interested In The Numbers Stitching. Thanks In Advance.