PDA

View Full Version : ISSUING a refund to the buyer on Ebay

DantleyHOF
02-09-2011, 01:24 AM
Hi,

Can someone help me. I sold an item on ebay and the buyer paid for it in full. I was going to send it out. Ebay had a address and paypal had a different mailing address. I didn't want this to get lost. So I emailed the buyer and waited three days for him to get back with me. Due to bad weather.

The problem now he doesn't want it and wants a full refund. I didn't even send it out, due to the two different mailing address. Thought when you bid and win its a binding contract. You don't wait three days after my ebay auction and tell me you don't want it after you paid me in full. This person feedback, was over 1,700 positive feedback. So he is not new on ebay.

Can someone help me. So I can get back my ebay fees that they had taken out and issue him a refund. I am sure someone had a problem like this before.

Do I go to paypal under payment on the order details? After you issue a full refund on paypal. Does that automatically issue your ebay fees that was taken out? I know about you have 60 days. Just keep me posted. Thanks. B.

schubert1970
02-09-2011, 01:42 AM
You should see a refund option in the transaction.

DantleyHOF
02-09-2011, 01:45 AM
schubert1970,
Refund option where? Ebay or paypal? I know you have to go to paypal. Go to your order under details. Scroll down issue refund. Does that automatically issue me the ebay fees that was taken out?

fattyc01
02-09-2011, 03:46 AM
I don't believe it will refund the eBay fees, it will only credit you back the money that PayPal took out for the payment. You would have to talk to eBay about getting the fees back. Or you can do a second chance offer to the next highest bidder.

trsent
02-09-2011, 05:15 AM
Hi,

Can someone help me. I sold an item on ebay and the buyer paid for it in full. I was going to send it out. Ebay had a address and paypal had a different mailing address. I didn't want this to get lost. So I emailed the buyer and waited three days for him to get back with me. Due to bad weather.

The problem now he doesn't want it and wants a full refund. I didn't even send it out, due to the two different mailing address. Thought when you bid and win its a binding contract. You don't wait three days after my ebay auction and tell me you don't want it after you paid me in full. This person feedback, was over 1,700 positive feedback. So he is not new on ebay.

Can someone help me. So I can get back my ebay fees that they had taken out and issue him a refund. I am sure someone had a problem like this before.

Do I go to paypal under payment on the order details? After you issue a full refund on paypal. Does that automatically issue your ebay fees that was taken out? I know about you have 60 days. Just keep me posted. Thanks. B.

Refund the payment through the PayPal details page for the transaction. They will refund your fees at that time also.

Then log into the eBay auction as the seller, and click something like "Unmarked as Payment Received". Then click resolve a problem. Use the feature that the customer didn't want the item and if the customer agrees, you get your money back from eBay (you still are responsible for insertion fees) but if they ignore the request after 4-8 days, you can close the case yourself.

Pain in the rear, but get all your fees back. Next time, ship to the PayPal address and don't worry about it as long as you use tracking (and insurance for higher priced items).

DantleyHOF
02-13-2011, 03:34 PM
schubert1970
fattyc01
trsent

Thanks for your help. Have a nice day. B.F.