Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zybu_s
    • Nov 2009

Store Model or Team Issued Bat ????

I would appreciate opinions on this bat.

I bought it from Adirondack - Kaye Sports, Inc. (Kingston, NY) back in the 90s. I vaguely remember the ad they ran in SCD stating it was as close as one could get to the real thing.

I have it on eBay as a store model bat. Someone emailed and said it was team issued.

Thank you in advance,

Joe
    Attached Files
  • sox83cubs84
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

Re: Store Model or Team Issued Bat ????

Originally posted by zybu_s
    I would appreciate opinions on this bat.

I bought it from Adirondack - Kaye Sports, Inc. (Kingston, NY) back in the 90s. I vaguely remember the ad they ran in SCD stating it was as close as one could get to the real thing.

I have it on eBay as a store model bat. Someone emailed and said it was team issued.

Thank you in advance,

Joe
    I'd want to see more pics before declaring it to be team-issued. I CAN state, though, that the text on the barrel as shown limits it to being a 1990 issue.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• zybu_s
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by sox83cubs84
      I'd want to see more pics before declaring it to be team-issued. I CAN state, though, that the text on the barrel as shown limits it to being a 1990 issue.

Dave Miedema
      Here you go, Dave. Thank you. If you need any moer or from any angle, let me know.

Joe
      Attached Files

Comment

• MSpecht
        • Oct 2005

Hi Joe---

In 1990, while there are approximately 115 34-inch black model T141 Rickey Henderson professional model bats shipped to him and documented in his H & B records, there were also approximately 764 promotional bats documented, of which approximately 696 were shipped to Anaconda-Kaye for their retail purposes.

Given the source, straight from Anaconda-Kaye, to call this a team-issued bat would be in error.... the more appropriate term would probably be a souvie / promo bat.

Good Luck.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
          • Nov 2005

Wouldn't a souvenir bat have a line under(or over) the 125?

Comment

• SkubeBats
            Banned
            • May 2006

LS bats with the line under the 125 or S on the knob are made for autograph signings at card shows.

Comment

• zybu_s
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by MSpecht
              Hi Joe---

In 1990, while there are approximately 115 34-inch black model T141 Rickey Henderson professional model bats shipped to him and documented in his H & B records, there were also approximately 764 promotional bats documented, of which approximately 696 were shipped to Anaconda-Kaye for their retail purposes.

Given the source, straight from Anaconda-Kaye, to call this a team-issued bat would be in error.... the more appropriate term would probably be a souvie / promo bat.

Good Luck.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com
              Thanks, Mike. I really appreciate your expertise. I'm going to amend my eBay description right now. Again, Thanks.

Comment

Working...