PDA

View Full Version : A quick question?

rangersfan1214
02-16-2011, 11:25 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows how to detect evidence of a weighted batting sleeve/ donut? Also do any Josh Hamilton experts know if he uses either? Thanks!

spartanservitto
02-16-2011, 11:43 PM
Its tough on blonde bats.... however, if the hitter uses a lot of tar, it will leave a line that circles the bats on ocassion... also sometimes the paint will chip off if they use the bat for quite a while in a circle around the barrel. A bat like yours probably wont be evident because it seems he used it for a little (but significant) period... from what Ive read, I dont know if I am accurate on that though!?!?!

-Tony

yankees506
02-16-2011, 11:46 PM
Hold the bat up to light at an angle and you should see a solid line going around the bat about an inch or two above the centerbrand, most times it is very faint so look closely.

10thMan
02-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Rangers...Sometimes Donut Impressions are subtle. Look about 10 inches down from the Barrel for anything that looks like a Crease, line, Dent, or (as stated) even small bits of Tar. Sometimes all you`ll see are bits of Tar, can`t always be sure, that may be from the donut. I have Gwynn Bats that are VERY Subtle, very small scratches & small bits of Tar.

Pics shown, look at the Glaus Bat next to the "T" small line indicates Donut. Nothing Subtle about Vladdy Bats, not Quality examples, check out the creases/lines on these!

Being a "Player Collector" I prefer to watch Video of At Bats, including B.P. Some Players will use take B.P. bats to the Plate, others NO WAY! I`ve studied Gwynn, Vladdy & Mac quite a Bit.

Sean

emann
02-17-2011, 03:19 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows how to detect evidence of a weighted batting sleeve/ donut? Also do any Josh Hamilton experts know if he uses either? Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUdV6lC7ZNI