PDA

View Full Version : How do I store my gu jerseys

Joeycola
02-17-2011, 04:00 AM
I am fairly new to collecting gu jerseys... what is the best way to store my jerseys? Thank you for your help and expertise!!!

dcgreg25
02-17-2011, 09:24 AM
You will get a lot of different answers on storage some people hang them up, some put them in plastic ziplock bags. Below is a link to a post I made last year on proper long-term preservation of jerseys. It is a matter of personal preference and how/what you collect.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=34195

mad87man
02-17-2011, 01:21 PM
You will get a lot of different answers on storage some people hang them up, some put them in plastic ziplock bags. Below is a link to a post I made last year on proper long-term preservation of jerseys. It is a matter of personal preference and how/what you collect.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=34195

Good Read thanks for that. I am also pretty new to this and was trying to figure out some ways.

Joeycola
02-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Greg... great info!! Thanks for your expertise

legaleagle92481
02-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Greg's info is excellant but if you want to store stuff quickly and easily here is what I do. I got a large bin from Walmart and I stack the jerseys on top of each other seperated by tissue paper and put the bin in my closet takes up no space.

Joeycola
02-22-2011, 03:20 AM
Thanks for the help guys!!!

dcgreg25
02-22-2011, 10:22 AM
Greg's info is excellant but if you want to store stuff quickly and easily here is what I do. I got a large bin from Walmart and I stack the jerseys on top of each other seperated by tissue paper and put the bin in my closet takes up no space.

Thanks legal. I often use bins, etc. for short-term storage. For my higher end jerseys and longer-term storage I invested in the conservation boxes/materials. Whatever works for your space/time/preference.

Heck, sometimes I see the late-night infomercials for the vacuum space-saver bags and think hmmmm I could squeeze another dozen jeresys here or there using those!

wchu9437
02-22-2011, 12:16 PM
You can go to Container Store as they sell plastic suit covers for less than $10. It's worked for me and keeps the jerseys in an organized fashion. Most importantly, I don't have to fold or wrinkle the jerseys, especially in cases where there are autographs on the jersey.