Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ollie
    • Oct 2008

Curious About One Of My Batting Helmets

Hi Guys, had this GU ABC Yankees helmet in my collection since I picked it up direct from Steiners in 07. The LOA has the standard GU Helmet, Date Unknown text but inside in the padding, it's tagged Suero #67. I think the clock is aimed somewhere in the late 90's (it's snapped) and having done research over the years and off of my own memory, I can't find/remember a Suero in the rosters. I figured that he must have been a Spring Training invitee but haven't found him yet. If anyone has a direction they could point me too to find out that would be great. I'm just kinda curious as to who this guy is.

Check Out My Youtube Channel For More Of My Yankees Collection

Check Out My MLB 2K11 Yankees Franchise
  • ironmanfan
    • Sep 2005

Re: Curious About One Of My Batting Helmets

The only Suero I could locate that ever played in the Yankee organization was Ramon Suero who played in the Dominican Summer League back in 2006 (however he was a pitcher):

Ramon Suero Minor Leagues Statistics including batting, fielding, prospect rankings and more on Baseball-Reference.com

There was a William Suero who was an infielder for the Brewers in 1992-1993, but I find no record of him ever being in the Yankee organization...

Perhaps a Yankee fan has some additional insight.

Good Luck!

Comment

• Ollie
      • Oct 2008

Thanks Ironman! This is a mystery! I looked through the Yankees numbers website and only 2 players have worn #67, neither a Suero!
      Check Out My Youtube Channel For More Of My Yankees Collection

Check Out My MLB 2K11 Yankees Franchise

Comment

• ironmanfan
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Ollie
        Thanks Ironman! This is a mystery! I looked through the Yankees numbers website and only 2 players have worn #67, neither a Suero!
        I'm sure that site just lists #'s used on the MLB level....I suspect this helmet was sourced from a Minor League Spring Training camp or a rookie development camp............

Comment

Working...