PDA

View Full Version : College football photo match resource?

fattyc01
02-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Does anyone know the best place to get images to photo match a jersey from a college football game. I recently got a U of I game used jersey from Arrelious Benn that he wore in the 2008 Ohio State vs. U of I football game on November 15, 2008. Unfortunately, Getty Images does not have anything on that game. Does anyone know another good resource? I am fairly new to collecting game used and doing photo matches so I'm not really sure where to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Bob

mad87man
02-23-2011, 07:48 PM
try googling the name of the player and the game and see what happens. Sometimes you get a pic or 2. I am new to this hobby so don't know the secrets really.

AWA85
02-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Many of the big time football programs have photo galleries for each season and each game. Nebraska has about 25 photos from each game which can be ordered on their official website.

Bend was a big time player, I would search out their site and also a little google search.

gaytorhater703
02-23-2011, 10:41 PM
i searched the illini site for you...for some reason the 2008 game notes (where the pics would be) pulls up 2007 games...an error on the site.....i also looked at the ohio state site for that game and they only have about 11 pics and none include benn.....sorry...but ill keep looking

fattyc01
02-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Thanks guys. I have done a few searches with no luck. I even found a show on Hulu called the Journey, which was about Illinois football and featured that game. Unfortunately, Benn didn't do much that game so he wasn't really featured. The seller has a picture on the auction website that seems to be a photo match to the right shoulder on the jersey. He said that he got the image off Getty images, but I can't seem to find it. Well thanks for your suggestions. Hopefully I will find something soon.

- Bob