X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wchu9437
    • Sep 2008

Beware - Bird33Rose14 (ebay ID) Greg Walker

Dear Forum,

Special thanks to Jiameng / Sngeetze (ebay) for bringing this to my attention this evening. This is regarding the Reggie Miller game used jersey I listed on my website recently.

The matter at hand relates to a purchase (ebay transaction - 170495508066) I made on eBay on June of 2010 between me and Greg Walker / Bird33Rose14 (ebay). Jiameng came across my website and was kind enough to tell me that the Reggie Miller game used jersey did not look right as the '3' and name arch seemed off.

I was unaware of this matter and immediately went to Getty Images and saw the discrepancy he mentioned. I then contacted Greg about this matter and he claims that he bought it from Jim / Hoop Style and that I should take the matter up with him instead. Greg also said that he does not have a recollection of this jersey other than that detail. I found that a bit convenient that the one detail he knows is that he bought it from Hoop Style.

Some of you may know Greg and he has a good rating on eBay but I am very disappointed to have to make this matter public on this forum.

Unfortunately, let my lesson not be repeated by others. I tried to resolve this matter with Greg amicably this evening as I just found out but in several of his emails (if you want me to post/email them, I can) he has punted and suggested that I take it up with Jim / Hoop Style. I told Greg that this matter is directly between him and me, but he is not willing to settle the matter rightly.

I have the emails from this evening's discussions as well as the paypal receipt to serve as proof of this discussion and the details above. I guess I'll leave this as an obvious statement -- beware that even those on eBay with good ratings knowingly sell questionable items.

Thank you for your time in reading this post.

William
  • Lokee
    Banned
    • May 2008

Re: Beware - Bird33Rose14 (ebay ID) Greg Walker

FYI Hoop Style has been discussed here on a few occasions. If you do a search you will see that Hoop Style has been outed as a customizer of NBA jersey's and all his items should be carefully examined.

I had a no name gamer from a player for sale on ebay and he (Hoop Style) made me a lowball offer telling me that he would pay only this much because he had to turn it into another player to make any money and that took a lot of time to do.

Other members have had problems with him as well.

Goodluck

Comment

• LWMM
      • Jul 2006

Here are two more posts concerning Greg Walker:

He is 33bird on this forum, although he has not posted since November of last year.

Comment

• Dewey2007
        • Dec 2007

This is his new eBay ID: cookiebills34
        sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

• jppopma
          • Mar 2006

Your beef should be with Greg, then let him in turn deal with Hoop Style. Greg needs to stand behind anything he sells.

Comment

• Lokee
            Banned
            • May 2008

Originally posted by jppopma
            Your beef should be with Greg, then let him in turn deal with Hoop Style. Greg needs to stand behind anything he sells.
            I agree but I also agree the Hoop Style needs to be mentioned as that is the "Farm" where the said jersey was harvested.

Comment

• sportscentury
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Lokee
              I agree but I also agree the Hoop Style needs to be mentioned as that is the "Farm" where the said jersey was harvested.
              +1
              In a million years, I would not even think about purchasing one of his jerseys.
              Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• wchu9437
                • Sep 2008

Thanks for the update on Greg Walker. It is very, very good to know about his new alias, Cookiebills34 and 33bird.

I agree with everyone that my issue should be with Greg, who is the person I've addressed the matter with as he and I were the ones in the transaction. It's very convenient for Greg to pass the buck onto Hoop Style.

Regardless of whether that guy Jim at Hoop Style is right or wrong (but clearly there are huge red flags), my transaction was with Greg, which is why I went to him and only to him. Greg's suggestion is just nonsense and pretty irresponsible.

Ultimately, Greg Walker is no better than Jim for this behavior. He is clearly no different than Hoop Style for pulling this stunt.

Comment

• wchu9437
                  • Sep 2008

FYI - BEWARE OF GREG WALKER.... he's his various alias.

User ID Effective Date End Date

cookiebills34 Nov-06-10 Present
                  bird33rose14 Jun-01-09 Nov-06-10
                  bird33air23 Nov-27-08 Jun-01-09
                  bird33bench5 Jun-24-08 Nov-27-08
                  bird33russell6 Jan-12-08 Jun-24-08
                  bird33rose14 Sep-14-07 Jan-12-08
                  19bigredmachine76 Apr-26-07 Sep-14-07
                  biggamebird33 May-27-05 Apr-26-07

Comment

• wchu9437
                    • Sep 2008

Hi, does anyone have a contact or know of the process to report Greg to eBay's customer support team? Any direction/help would be much appreciated.

Comment

• sportscentury
                      • Nov 2005

Wow, William - you have started a lot of GUU threads on this topic!
                      Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• nickacs
                        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by sportscentury
                        Wow, William - you have started a lot of GUU threads on this topic!
                        + 1.. Do we really need the same exact thread/title in both the General and Auction sections? I'm all for your thread, but just duplicated in two forums seems like a waste and actually makes it more difficult to follow..

Mods?

Comment

• TNTtoys
                          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by nickacs
                          + 1.. Do we really need the same exact thread/title in both the General and Auction sections? I'm all for your thread, but just duplicated in two forums seems like a waste and actually makes it more difficult to follow..

Mods?
                          Duplicate thread in the other section has been removed. Let's leave it to one discussion on this topic.
                          Looking for ...
                          Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
                          Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
                          Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• CollectGU
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by wchu9437
                            Dear Forum,

Special thanks to Jiameng / Sngeetze (ebay) for bringing this to my attention this evening. This is regarding the Reggie Miller game used jersey I listed on my website recently.

The matter at hand relates to a purchase (ebay transaction - 170495508066) I made on eBay on June of 2010 between me and Greg Walker / Bird33Rose14 (ebay). Jiameng came across my website and was kind enough to tell me that the Reggie Miller game used jersey did not look right as the '3' and name arch seemed off.

William
                            William,

What was the return policy offered on authenticity. lifetime, 90 days, 30 days, none? Whether Greg was right or wrong, you have a responsibility to define the terms at purchase.

Dave

Comment

• wchu9437
                              • Sep 2008

Thanks for the feedback and apologies for the posting on the two other forums.

As for Dave's comment/question, there was no implicit COA but clearly it would be rendered moot anyway. The listing was clear - REGGIE MILLER GAME WORN JERSEY and listed under the game worn memorabilia category under eBay. Furthermore, Greg is no regular naive seller as I checked his feedback ratings for game used items. The bottom line is that he just re-sold a fake jersey either (a) to recoup his original loss when he realized this was fake, or (b) he was just trying to flip a fake jersey. Either way, there is no way he is right in what he did, especially advertising it as a game used jersey.

Comment

Working...