PDA

View Full Version : Beware - Bird33Rose14 (ebay ID) Greg Walker

wchu9437
02-24-2011, 11:47 PM
Dear Forum,

Special thanks to Jiameng / Sngeetze (ebay) for bringing this to my attention this evening. This is regarding the Reggie Miller game used jersey I listed on my website recently.

The matter at hand relates to a purchase (ebay transaction - 170495508066) I made on eBay on June of 2010 between me and Greg Walker / Bird33Rose14 (ebay). Jiameng came across my website and was kind enough to tell me that the Reggie Miller game used jersey did not look right as the '3' and name arch seemed off.

I was unaware of this matter and immediately went to Getty Images and saw the discrepancy he mentioned. I then contacted Greg about this matter and he claims that he bought it from Jim / Hoop Style and that I should take the matter up with him instead. Greg also said that he does not have a recollection of this jersey other than that detail. I found that a bit convenient that the one detail he knows is that he bought it from Hoop Style.

Some of you may know Greg and he has a good rating on eBay but I am very disappointed to have to make this matter public on this forum.

Unfortunately, let my lesson not be repeated by others. I tried to resolve this matter with Greg amicably this evening as I just found out but in several of his emails (if you want me to post/email them, I can) he has punted and suggested that I take it up with Jim / Hoop Style. I told Greg that this matter is directly between him and me, but he is not willing to settle the matter rightly.

I have the emails from this evening's discussions as well as the paypal receipt to serve as proof of this discussion and the details above. I guess I'll leave this as an obvious statement -- beware that even those on eBay with good ratings knowingly sell questionable items.

Thank you for your time in reading this post.

William

Lokee
02-25-2011, 12:49 AM
FYI Hoop Style has been discussed here on a few occasions. If you do a search you will see that Hoop Style has been outed as a customizer of NBA jersey's and all his items should be carefully examined.

I had a no name gamer from a player for sale on ebay and he (Hoop Style) made me a lowball offer telling me that he would pay only this much because he had to turn it into another player to make any money and that took a lot of time to do.

Other members have had problems with him as well.

Goodluck

LWMM
02-25-2011, 01:10 AM
Here are two more posts concerning Greg Walker:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=40058

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=41022

He is 33bird (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/member.php?u=588) on this forum, although he has not posted since November of last year.

Dewey2007
02-25-2011, 01:20 AM
This is his new eBay ID: cookiebills34

jppopma
02-25-2011, 01:44 AM
Your beef should be with Greg, then let him in turn deal with Hoop Style. Greg needs to stand behind anything he sells.

Lokee
02-25-2011, 02:06 AM
Your beef should be with Greg, then let him in turn deal with Hoop Style. Greg needs to stand behind anything he sells.

I agree but I also agree the Hoop Style needs to be mentioned as that is the "Farm" where the said jersey was harvested.

sportscentury
02-25-2011, 06:50 AM
I agree but I also agree the Hoop Style needs to be mentioned as that is the "Farm" where the said jersey was harvested.

+1
In a million years, I would not even think about purchasing one of his jerseys.

wchu9437
02-25-2011, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the update on Greg Walker. It is very, very good to know about his new alias, Cookiebills34 and 33bird.

I agree with everyone that my issue should be with Greg, who is the person I've addressed the matter with as he and I were the ones in the transaction. It's very convenient for Greg to pass the buck onto Hoop Style.

Regardless of whether that guy Jim at Hoop Style is right or wrong (but clearly there are huge red flags), my transaction was with Greg, which is why I went to him and only to him. Greg's suggestion is just nonsense and pretty irresponsible.

Ultimately, Greg Walker is no better than Jim for this behavior. He is clearly no different than Hoop Style for pulling this stunt.

wchu9437
02-25-2011, 07:13 AM
FYI - BEWARE OF GREG WALKER.... he's his various alias.

User ID Effective Date End Date

cookiebills34 Nov-06-10 Present
bird33rose14 Jun-01-09 Nov-06-10
bird33air23 Nov-27-08 Jun-01-09
bird33bench5 Jun-24-08 Nov-27-08
bird33russell6 Jan-12-08 Jun-24-08
bird33rose14 Sep-14-07 Jan-12-08
19bigredmachine76 Apr-26-07 Sep-14-07
biggamebird33 May-27-05 Apr-26-07

wchu9437
02-25-2011, 07:19 AM
Hi, does anyone have a contact or know of the process to report Greg to eBay's customer support team? Any direction/help would be much appreciated.

sportscentury
02-25-2011, 08:37 AM
Wow, William - you have started a lot of GUU threads on this topic!

nickacs
02-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Wow, William - you have started a lot of GUU threads on this topic!

+ 1.. Do we really need the same exact thread/title in both the General and Auction sections? I'm all for your thread, but just duplicated in two forums seems like a waste and actually makes it more difficult to follow..

Mods?

TNTtoys
02-25-2011, 10:23 AM
+ 1.. Do we really need the same exact thread/title in both the General and Auction sections? I'm all for your thread, but just duplicated in two forums seems like a waste and actually makes it more difficult to follow..

Mods?

Duplicate thread in the other section has been removed. Let's leave it to one discussion on this topic.

CollectGU
02-25-2011, 11:20 AM
Dear Forum,

Special thanks to Jiameng / Sngeetze (ebay) for bringing this to my attention this evening. This is regarding the Reggie Miller game used jersey I listed on my website recently.

The matter at hand relates to a purchase (ebay transaction - 170495508066) I made on eBay on June of 2010 between me and Greg Walker / Bird33Rose14 (ebay). Jiameng came across my website and was kind enough to tell me that the Reggie Miller game used jersey did not look right as the '3' and name arch seemed off.

William

William,

What was the return policy offered on authenticity. lifetime, 90 days, 30 days, none? Whether Greg was right or wrong, you have a responsibility to define the terms at purchase.

Dave

wchu9437
02-25-2011, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback and apologies for the posting on the two other forums.

As for Dave's comment/question, there was no implicit COA but clearly it would be rendered moot anyway. The listing was clear - REGGIE MILLER GAME WORN JERSEY and listed under the game worn memorabilia category under eBay. Furthermore, Greg is no regular naive seller as I checked his feedback ratings for game used items. The bottom line is that he just re-sold a fake jersey either (a) to recoup his original loss when he realized this was fake, or (b) he was just trying to flip a fake jersey. Either way, there is no way he is right in what he did, especially advertising it as a game used jersey.

notxpensv4u
02-25-2011, 01:41 PM
I was sold a questionable bat last year from a Big Red Machine player I purchased from Greg. After several emails not accepting he sold it to me, he in turn gave me the email of an attorney in South Carolina he says he purchased the bat from. I was given the run around and needless to say never received a penny.

gnishiyama
02-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Sad to see so much negativity lately in the hobby with this, MEARS/Ryan
situation and the pointless thread about the 26K Kobe jersey.

Anyway one word of advice is, always pay with paypal using credit card.
I recently bought $3k worth of items from a seller who completely
misrepresented the items and then, similar to this situation, tried to
pass the blame onto the person who he obtained the items from.
(WTF is wrong with these people?)

I spoke with both Paypal and my credit card company who both
confirmed that I have nothing to worry about as long as I have sufficient
proof of wrongdoing. Thankfully the seller admitted to his mistake but
I have seen situations where I was saved only because I paid with
Paypal credit card. (received empty bat tube in the mail)

If you have money in your paypal account, dump it and then use CC option.

Goh Nishiyama

otismalibu
02-25-2011, 02:26 PM

Agreed, but I think newer Paypal members have a cumulative limit on what they can put on a CC before they are asked to register a bank account.

I called Paypal once because I'd read somewhere that the limit was $2K, unless you'd been a member for quite some time. The guy told me the longest tenured Paypal members had no CC limit. Then it was $10K and $2K based on when you'd signed up.

This was a few years back, so maybe their policy is different now.

mad87man
02-25-2011, 03:08 PM
I did not read the story but can tell you how Paypal works since i just signed up not ot long ago. All you need is a bank account, you can sign up for their credit card when you get an account. Once you are approved which i was i had a limit of 3,000 i believe but only 2,000 until i received the actual card.

metsbats
02-25-2011, 06:37 PM
Last year someone was able to get a refund on a questionable 86 Met jersey via paypal. If you open a complaint with ebay and paypal and present your case they may rule in your favor and refund your payment.

metsbats
02-25-2011, 09:41 PM
William,

Please email me at metsbats86@aol.com regarding your deleted post.

Thanks
David

jppopma
02-25-2011, 11:01 PM

I agree completely, he's been farming for years. We've discussed him several times, but a reminder is always worth while.

Lokee
02-26-2011, 01:06 AM
I agree completely, he's been farming for years. We've discussed him several times, but a reminder is always worth while.

:) why yest it is.

legaleagle92481
02-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Sad to see so much negativity lately in the hobby with this, MEARS/Ryan
situation and the pointless thread about the 26K Kobe jersey.

Anyway one word of advice is, always pay with paypal using credit card.
I recently bought $3k worth of items from a seller who completely
misrepresented the items and then, similar to this situation, tried to
pass the blame onto the person who he obtained the items from.
(WTF is wrong with these people?)

I spoke with both Paypal and my credit card company who both
confirmed that I have nothing to worry about as long as I have sufficient
proof of wrongdoing. Thankfully the seller admitted to his mistake but
I have seen situations where I was saved only because I paid with
Paypal credit card. (received empty bat tube in the mail)

Goh Nishiyama

Agree with your post about the negativity. I don't get why all these people are looking for a pound of flesh, isnt it just easier to resolve the situation and move on with one's life? And the Kobe post I found absurd because it is a great thing for all of his when stuff sells for alot. When stuff doesn't sell for much yeah you can buy stuff cheaper but then the stuff you already own will sell for cheaper if you sell it so personally I would much rather see high prices all around.

wchu9437
02-27-2011, 01:35 PM
Dear Legaleagle,

Please clarify your comment regarding "people looking for a pound of flesh" as I want to interpret your comment correctly. Thank you.

pags13
03-04-2011, 07:53 AM
can't say I am surprised to hear Greg Walker is involved in questionable behavior

the guy flat out lied to me for months about a "sale"

once a shyster, always a shyster

bronx_burner
04-12-2011, 11:13 AM
The guy apparently doesn't even care anymore. Looks like he is just gonna go out and sell his altered items. His changing of a Legit Pete Rose 1975 jersey to a fake 1976 jersey can not be topped but this pretty much puts the nail in the coffin for him.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=246813#post246813

legaleagle92481
04-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Dear Legaleagle,

Please clarify your comment regarding "people looking for a pound of flesh" as I want to interpret your comment correctly. Thank you.

I meant that like in the MEARS/Ryan situation there is fault on all sides and posting about how bad the other side is to me just looking to harm the other person. Is Greg right here? Assuming he sold you a bad jersey he is wrong and if you can prove the jersey is fake with solid proof he should take back the item and go back to the person who sold it to him. The issue is how are you sure the jersey is bad? Because another collector opined so? Does that make the jersey bad? Of course not the collector could be incorrect. I can see it from the seller's perspective in that respect a buyer comes back at you without any real proof and accusses you of selling a fake item and demanding a refund. I can see a seller denying a refund in this scenario because how does he know that your not just having buyer's remorse? Also as a buyer the time to do your homework is BEFORE you buy and if your not sure of something ask somebody who knows more about the item then you do. If you don't it is hard to feel sorry for you and you share some of the fault if you can't get a refund. I don't know Greg and have never dealt with him and while I see that he has been accussed of some bad practices by others besides you I am just not in favor of condemning anyone, no matter his reputation publicily based on shaky facts when the accusser himself was negligent in the situation.