PDA

View Full Version : Geppi's catalogs are in the mail - Staub collectors take note.

DonFan23
08-21-2006, 08:08 PM
GMRS' September auction catalog arrived today.

Staub collectors will either be quite excited or quite distraught over the number of Rusty's GU bats about to hit the market.

Quite a few nice Rizzuto items, plus many that won't break the bank either.

psmachetti
08-25-2006, 11:27 PM
Can someone explain to me why these ballplayers sell all their momentos from their great , sometimes HOF careers? I think it's sad that all these memories are sold off . There's also a Rizzuto collection in the auction as well. Looks like he's selling everything he owns related to his career. Very sad!
Paul

brianborsch
08-25-2006, 11:38 PM
I don't know, I don't think it is too sad. I mean, he must be old. Once you get old I can imagine those items don't need to be held on to anymore. What use does he have for them? More importantly he should be concerned with where he his financially so that he can maintain himself properly.

Not so sad considering he will get thousands of dollars for stuff he will never use again. Yeah the memories were great, but they will continue to be, with or without those items.

staindsox
08-26-2006, 01:30 AM
I lot of these guys need to sell off their stuff because they didn't make A-Rod money when they played. Most didn't have anything else to fall back on. I agree, it's sad to see them selling their stuff off.

allstarsplus
08-26-2006, 07:30 AM
Geppis messed up my winnng bids in their last big auction and when they offered me a Thurmon Munson lithograph to make up for the screw up after several months said ----sorry, we can't find it to send that to you.

Horrible customer service. I detailed this in detail on the old Forum.

Andrew