• Feb 2011

Re: vintage laker gamers

more laker gamers
    Attached Files

Comment

• bruno89
      • Oct 2010

how much for the wilkes,send me a pm or email to brunobltzr@yahoo.com ,thank you
      Collecting Philadelphia Eagles items

Comment

• mickeymbz
        Banned
        • Feb 2011

these are part of my laker collection... still looking for the grail: sandknit magic era gamer...anybody willing to part with this will pay above value.
        thanks

Comment

• mickeymbz
          Banned
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by mickeymbz
          more laker gamers
          hey does anyone have any knowledge on sandknit era laker gamers.that can help me out?...in the pics i have a worthy and a ac green, but the #45 and the #42 are obviously different. i picked up the green from a very respected person in the world of laker gamers way back in the late 80's. did the lakers vary in the number on the jerseys during the sandknit era? i know sandknit was very short lived in supplying lakers with jerseys. any clues anyone?

Comment

• otismalibu
            • Nov 2005

Is Lakers on the AC jersey, angled up?

Also the SK tag on the AC jersey is older than the tag on the Worthy, yet they are both tagged 88. I think all your other 88 jerseys have the crown on the SK tag, no?
            Greg
            DrJStuff.com

Comment

• mickeymbz
              Banned
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by otismalibu
              Is Lakers on the AC jersey, angled up?

Also the SK tag on the AC jersey is older than the tag on the Worthy, yet they are both tagged 88. I think all your other 88 jerseys have the crown on the SK tag, no?
              yes, you are correct.... a phoney ac green? back then especially when few were collecting game worn jerseys..back then. and why would anyone fake a green. the NOB lettering is correct and the stitching is correct.. and the source of who i got it from back then has a unbelievable collection. dunno perhaps it is a fake. could they have used a older jeresy then tagged it with 88 for use that year.weird

Comment

• otismalibu
                • Nov 2005

a phoney ac green?
                I didn't say it was fake, just what I noticed in comparing the two jerseys.
                I have no idea when the Lakers jerseys had straight vs. angled team name on front.

Obviously, the biggest deal would probably be the numbers.

Sure, you could use an older blank, I suppose. I think the NBA logos were added for 86-87.

It is a road and sometimes you get in a pinch when you lose a jersey on the road.
                Greg
                DrJStuff.com

Comment

• mbenga28
                  • Nov 2008

how many of your Lakers jerseys have you definitively photo-matched? please be truthful.

Comment

• mickeymbz
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by mbenga28
                    how many of your Lakers jerseys have you definitively photo-matched? please be truthful.
                    only 1 i bought recently...to tell u the truth didnt even know what that term meant 6 months ago...havent even looked at this laker stuff for about 5 years. so by the tone of your statement it insinuates that gamers are not gamers w/o photomatched evidence??? most of these things were attained in the late to very early 90's when you were about 7-8 years old. talk of photomatching,loa's ,,blah,blah,blah...were not even there,except for grey flannel and they were just starting and the only company to deliver respectable LOA's. which now everybody writes for...lou lampson,,etc,etc. the people that i talk to who have been collecting from that era dont bother,,that is not a knock on photomatching and meigray..quite the opposite i agree it brings accountablility,and authenticity to a new level to the hobby..but you think dave kohler bothers with photomatching? i could throw more names out there but why? you guys are like those dudes that hang around the record shop in the movie "high fidelity". look im wanna connect with serious hobbyist not competitive people..so unless u have other things to comment me to other than im full crap...dont look at my posts.
                    stop the hating ,,,just a hobby

Comment

• mickeymbz
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by mickeymbz
                      only 1 i bought recently...to tell u the truth didnt even know what that term meant 6 months ago...havent even looked at this laker stuff for about 5 years. so by the tone of your statement it insinuates that gamers are not gamers w/o photomatched evidence??? most of these things were attained in the late to very early 90's when you were about 7-8 years old. talk of photomatching,loa's ,,blah,blah,blah...were not even there,except for grey flannel and they were just starting and the only company to deliver respectable LOA's. which now everybody writes for...lou lampson,,etc,etc. the people that i talk to who have been collecting from that era dont bother,,that is not a knock on photomatching and meigray..quite the opposite i agree it brings accountablility,and authenticity to a new level to the hobby..but you think dave kohler bothers with photomatching? i could throw more names out there but why? you guys are like those dudes that hang around the record shop in the movie "high fidelity". look im wanna connect with serious hobbyist not competitive people..so unless u have other things to comment me to other than im full crap...dont look at my posts.
                      stop the hating ,,,just a hobby
                      i meant late 80's to early 90's

Comment

• mickeymbz
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2011

I have no idea when the Lakers jerseys had straight vs. angled team name on front.

Sure, you could use an older blank, I suppose. I think the NBA logos were added for 86-87.

It is a road and sometimes you get in a pinch when you lose a jersey on the road.
                        yep the laker logo is angled up... can it be a salesman sample or did they even do that back then,,if they did you would think they would use a bigger name

Comment

• bruno89
                          • Oct 2010

send me a email or PM about the jersey i asked you about please ,we may be able to reach a deal...

Comment

• bruno89
                            • Oct 2010

email sent back

Comment

• mickeymbz
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2011

het greg,, i have something that u might enjoy seeing
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...