Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cmuelken
    • Jul 2010

Authentic Kubel Jersey?

I am not familiar with game used jerseys. Just looking for advice on this. Any input would help. Thanks.
    Attached Files
  • sox83cubs84
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

Re: Authentic Kubel Jersey?

Photos look positive to me.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• mlbforeverhomer
      Banned
      • Feb 2010

great jersey!

Comment

• sylbry
        • Nov 2005

If it lacks an MLB hologram then I would say they are pro cut and not game used. It has been documented that someone purchased 2010 Twins home alternates from the factory and sold them on ebay. They keep reappearing as game used on ebay or at various auction houses.
        Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
          Banned
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by sylbry
          If it lacks an MLB hologram then I would say they are pro cut and not game used. It has been documented that someone purchased 2010 Twins home alternates from the factory and sold them on ebay. They keep reappearing as game used on ebay or at various auction houses.
          Could you point us to that documentation?

Dave Miedema

Comment

• sylbry
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by sox83cubs84
            Could you point us to that documentation?

Dave Miedema

Comment

• sylbry
              • Nov 2005

"These jersey's are sourced through a direct contact within the Twins organization."

Funny. Hey Jesse, who is your source?

Comment

• sylbry
                • Nov 2005

"These jersey's are sourced through a direct contact within the Twins organization."

Funny. Hey Jesse, who is your source?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Jason-Kubel...item4aa9065344
                I mean Gavin.

Comment

• MLB_Authentic
                  • Oct 2009

Bryan, I will not give you the persons name, but will tell you he works closely with the players. I have obtained many Mauer bats from him and they have been awesome. Just ask Chris and Taylor. I received these direct from him on Wednesday. I have no reason to believe they are not what they were advertised to be as I have never had a problem with him before. Any other questions, please ask.

Comment

• sylbry
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by MLB_Authentic
                    I have no reason to believe they are not what they were advertised to be
                    Sure you do. Otherwise you wouldn't have a BIN of $225 when you know the Pro Shop is asking $400 for a coaches jersey from the 2010 season.

Comment

• MLB_Authentic
                      • Oct 2009

Bryan, lets be realistic, how many jersey's do you think they have sold? Not many in my opinion. I was at Twinsfest and not a single person I saw even thought about paying those prices. I sold a 09 Kubel JRD Jersey with the holo for $225 as you can see in my feedback. I believe it is a fair price considering they are not holo'd.

I firmly believe 100% that this jersey is legit as I don't believe my guy would do that to me, but I also don't want my reputation to be tarnished either. I will end the auction and send them to you to inspect if you wish. You know my email address, shoot me your address and I will send them off to you.

Sure you do. Otherwise you wouldn't have a BIN of $225 when you know the Pro Shop is asking $400 for a coaches jersey from the 2010 season.

Comment

• sylbry
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by MLB_Authentic
                        Bryan, lets be realistic, how many jersey's do you think they have sold? Not many in my opinion. I was at Twinsfest and not a single person I saw even thought about paying those prices. I sold a 09 Kubel JRD Jersey with the holo for $225 as you can see in my feedback. I believe it is a fair price considering they are not holo'd.

I firmly believe 100% that this jersey is legit as I don't believe my guy would do that to me, but I also don't want my reputation to be tarnished either. I will end the auction and send them to you to inspect if you wish. You know my email address, shoot me your address and I will send them off to you.
                        What is sending me the jersey going to prove? It is straight from the factory, thus a perfect match to what a gamer should look like. Do you want me to compare it to the pro cut jersey I mistakenly bought off of ebay from that seller? But hey, for $30 why not roll the dice.

Who's reputation are we taking about, Jesse or Gavin?

Comment

• MLB_Authentic
                          • Oct 2009

I guess I don't know what more I can do other than to just keep them. I know that I picked them up from Target Field on Wednesday, but I guess prior to that, I don't know where they originated. I believe that the guy I got them from is trustworthy and wouldnt do it, but who knows.

Bryan, you seem to have some sort of problem with me, which is your choice I guess. I try very hard to do the right things, but I guess you see it differently.

(And yes, my real name is Jesse as you seem to feel the need to bring up. I was banned before for calling a moderator a "board nazi". It was a mistake on my part and never should have said it. I will probably get banned again now. Thanks.)

What is sending me the jersey going to prove? It is straight from the factory, thus a perfect match to what a gamer should look like. Do you want me to compare it to the pro cut jersey I mistakenly bought off of ebay from that seller? But hey, for $30 why not roll the dice.

Who's reputation are we taking about, Jesse or Gavin?

Comment

• cmuelken
                            • Jul 2010

Here are the ads on Craigs List. Interesting that he had a BIN of 225 on CL and it didn't sell. Not it is 350 on CL.

Comment

• platinum1
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2008

WOW! After reading that now, The Thome jersey up for auction here
                              http://www.vintagesportsauthentics.c...-Jersey-GU-8.5 might not be real now.
                              Someone there bought a Thome jersey from the original seller on Ebay.

Quote:
                              Post subject: Re: Game Used?
                              Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:15 pm

Location: Duluth, MN/Superior, WI I pulled the trigger on the last Thome. The seller accepted my offer, and for the price -of a future HOF player no less - it will be worth it.

Comment

Working...