PDA

View Full Version : Andy Pettitte's last game ball!

rangersfan1214
02-25-2011, 10:33 PM
I just got in an ALCS game used ball from the Cliff Lee- Andy Pettitte matchup in game 3 of the ALCS. Well I didn't even think about it being Andy Pettittes last start of his career. It's MLB authenticated and Steiner Authenticated. I love it! The only problem is that the MLB database has it listed as a ball used in the alcs. So there's no way to tell if it was pitched by Pettitte!

rangersfan1214
02-25-2011, 11:30 PM
Here are some photos

yankees506
02-25-2011, 11:53 PM
nice ball but you don't have to start a new thread for all your new pick-ups, there is a mothly thread that you can post your recent acquisitions.

rangersfan1214
02-25-2011, 11:58 PM
Ok. If it needs to be moved then moderators would you please move it. I was kind of hoping, even though its a long shot someone with a Pettitte ball could compare the amount of 'brownish' rubbing on it. Because I know different pitchers have different patterns with it? And this ball seems to kind of have Pettittes pattern.

LastingsMilledge85
02-26-2011, 12:52 AM
nice ball but you don't have to start a new thread for all your new pick-ups, there is a mothly thread that you can post your recent acquisitions.

It really isn't a big deal when you have some people that start ten new threads a day, plus if you want to look obnoxious by starting a new thread for every pickup, why not? It's a free forum! ;) You do have a nice piece though, especially if you are a fan of Pettitte.

legaleagle92481
02-27-2011, 01:38 AM
Nice ball. My prediction though is Andy is back by June. He has too much left to retire and he will miss the competition too much. And most importantly the Yankees need him. So this probably won't be his last game.

ironmanfan
02-27-2011, 07:58 AM
Nice ball. My prediction though is Andy is back by June. He has too much left to retire and he will miss the competition too much. And most importantly the Yankees need him. So this probably won't be his last game.

I can guarantee you he will not be back by June....He is a prosecution witness in the Roger Clemens' trial which is schedule to commence this summer and he will not want the distraction of pitching and having to address the Clemens trial on a dialy basis.....

BrewCrewSackers
02-27-2011, 09:22 AM
Someone is starved for attention or is getting ready to throw a ball up on ebay.

mbenga28
02-27-2011, 11:24 AM
some of you ever watch MLB Auctions and how they've listed a game used baseball from Clemon's last start at Fenway, listed about a zillion times with no buyers?

legaleagle92481
02-27-2011, 01:15 PM
I can guarantee you he will not be back by June....He is a prosecution witness in the Roger Clemens' trial which is schedule to commence this summer and he will not want the distraction of pitching and having to address the Clemens trial on a dialy basis.....

Oh your a friend of his? How do you know what he is thinking? He never said that publicly or even hinted at it. The guy thrives under pressure look at his postseason record. Plus the trial could get delayed yet again.

ironmanfan
02-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Oh your a friend of his? How do you know what he is thinking? He never said that publicly or even hinted at it. The guy thrives under pressure look at his postseason record. Plus the trial could get delayed yet again.

check back with me on July 1 and let's see if he is in uniform or not

coxfan
02-27-2011, 07:19 PM
It's odd that the balls from ALCS game 3 were not specific on how they were used. I bought an ALCS game 2 ball on which the MLB authenticator specifically described how the ball was used ( fouled in dirt by Berkman off Oliver, 8th inning.) There were 55 balls from that game authenticated by MLB, as I found by going through the sequence of hologram numbers around my ball. All were specific on how the ball was used. Clearly, the Arlington authenticator was meticulous.

Could this be a difference between cities in the habits of the authenticators? Are other balls from Yankee Stadium also non-specific on how they were used?

rangersfan1214
02-27-2011, 07:24 PM
This ball is from the first game in Yankee stadium

yankees24
03-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Pettitte signed a contract with the Yankees today.

joelsabi
03-16-2012, 02:25 PM
I was kind of hoping, even though its a long shot someone with a Pettitte ball could compare the amount of 'brownish' rubbing on it. Because I know different pitchers have different patterns with it? And this ball seems to kind of have Pettittes pattern.

First time I have ever heard this. Can someone tell me, either true or false, whether pitchers can give characteristics to a baseball. I know certain pitchers like to rub the baseball more than others but does this even leave markings on a baseball. Can their be pitcher characteristics on a baseball as there are bat characteristic on a hitters bat. Short on someone putting sandpaper (ie. Don Sutton sandpaper marks) I can't see this as being identifiable but now you got me curious.

EricTheRed44
03-17-2012, 06:43 PM
"I can guarantee you he will not be back by June....He is a prosecution witness in the Roger Clemens' trial which is schedule to commence this summer and he will not want the distraction of pitching and having to address the Clemens trial on a dialy basis....." - Ironmanfan

Man I miss the days when a guarantee meant something! :p

ironmanfan
03-17-2012, 10:26 PM
"I can guarantee you he will not be back by June....He is a prosecution witness in the Roger Clemens' trial which is schedule to commence this summer and he will not want the distraction of pitching and having to address the Clemens trial on a dialy basis....." - Ironmanfan

Man I miss the days when a guarantee meant something! :p

I guaranteed it and was right......what am I missing? Did he pitch at all in 2011 (let alone by June)?

EricTheRed44
03-17-2012, 10:36 PM
I didnt realize that the statement you made was from 2011 and the thread was revisited.
You were correct sir. Forgive me. Even though this doesnt really make sense... I "misremembered"...

Ironmanfan, you were 100% correct.