PDA

View Full Version : Not On Board with NOB

sox83cubs84
02-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Up on eBay at this time, the below pictured jersey described as a Cal Ripken Jr. 2001 gamer:

http://i.ebayimg.com/01/!C!Gp9Dw!2k~$(KGrHqR,!iIE0F-onjqzBNBujeBll!~~_12.JPG

I find the NOb very problematic...not enough of an arhand it looks like my 9-year-old niece affixed it to the jersey. Your thoughts?

Dave Miedema

BostonSportsFan
03-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Up on eBay at this time, the below pictured jersey described as a Cal Ripken Jr. 2001 gamer:

http://i.ebayimg.com/01/!C!Gp9Dw!2k~$(KGrHqR,!iIE0F-onjqzBNBujeBll!~~_12.JPG

I find the NOb very problematic...not enough of an arhand it looks like my 9-year-old niece affixed it to the jersey. Your thoughts?

Dave Miedema

Big Dave, in addition to this obvious problem, as a general rule I would not touch a 2001 Ripken jersey with a ten foot pole unless I could walk into Ripken's own house and pull it from his vault of game used items. I have personally seen what are reportedly somewhere in the neighborhood of probably 40 or greater 2001 Ripken's in the past 8 - 10 years now. What is even better however is of that count probably at least 30 were the jersey's with the American Flag patch on the back limiting any potential game used of that variety to 20 total games of which the O's played 10 home and 10 away when play resumed after the tragedy of Sept 11th. if memory serves me correctly. Add the black Friday alt on the final Friday of the season and the other two final home games having the Ripken farewell patch and you are left with only 17 total games in which that combination of anniversary patch, American Flag patch would be present on both home and away jersey's.

Unless Cal was pulling a Palmeiro and changing uniforms every other inning (highly unlikely) there are many many fakes out there some of which are just ridiculous in nature in that anyone would even attempt to pass it off as a gamer.

I agree, the NOB is not even close to anything you could possibly find a photo match to from that season

Joe