PDA

View Full Version : Game used cleats with authenticity for gloves?

Sportsislife
03-01-2011, 12:22 PM
On the american memorabilia auction they currently have a darcy johnson pair of game used and signed cleats from the 2008 season that has a letter of authenticity from the player. the only problem is the letter of authenticity says game used pair gloves. i emailed them and am awaiting their response, but just figured i would point this out.
http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=47954&qf=title&t=Open&q=darcy%20johnson&p=0

Sportsislife
03-01-2011, 12:30 PM
was easily able to style match both the gloves and the cleats, and darcy johnson is not a player that would likely have fakes going around out there so i am not doubting they are real. I just thought it was a pretty weird oversight and i found it even weirder that the photo of the letter of authenticity on the posting of the gu gloves appears different then the gu glove loa on the cleats posting.

Shipp_96
03-01-2011, 02:52 PM
I don't know much about AM auctions, but I know MLB.com used to be infamous for what I called "vague descriptions" on a game used item. For example, I had a Terrance Long hat, alternate black cap with green A's, game worn. Bought at the A's silent auctions the team held on the weekends. They would always end at the bottom of the 7th inning.

So, I win. Low attendance that day, plus T-Long was not the most favorite A for many (though I loved him). Hat reeks, tons of sweat stains, etc. His # on the bottom, looks good. A's even hand me an envelope with team LOA in it. I believe this may have been the beginning on the mlb.com online holos. Anyway, I get home, punch in the code of the holo on the cap...it says team issued, used vs. Toronto. That is IT. No player identity, not game worn by T-Long, NOTHING.

The next auction, I go back and ask the equipment people what is up with this? They say happens all the time, MLB are lazy, etc. I have almost bought some game worn O's hats of Tejada, Hernandez and seen the same issue. I make them check on the spot now. It really made me personally hesitate to buy these, because of their shoddy record system. Oh well, I am all but done with baseball items as is, but I feel your pain.

kylehess10
03-01-2011, 04:52 PM
i emailed them and am awaiting their response, but just figured i would point this out.

American Memorabilia doesn't respond to anybody's inquiries, so I wouldn't expect to hear back from them. They're definitely one of the worst in the hobby in my opinion.

Jstef15
03-04-2011, 12:57 PM
American Memorabilia doesn't respond to anybody's inquiries, so I wouldn't expect to hear back from them. They're definitely one of the worst in the hobby in my opinion.

I saw a white Brandon James jersey but the game listed as worn was a game where we wore the rare blue revolution jerseys from Tebow's and the other seniors' last game. I called AM and the girl asked for my email and said she'd call me with the information once it is corrected. She never did...

solarlottry
03-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Maybe its me but every time i call AMI about an item or just about anything Victor or Kieta always answer or call me back. Victor will go get the item i have a question about and describe it fully. He has always been up front with me and i have never had a problem with them.

In fact there was an item in the latest Legendary Auction i wanted to bid on and was not registered. There was only 2 hours left in the auction at the time. Legendary would only register me if i had a good reference. I called Victor and he called Doug at Legendary and got me registered right then and i won the 49er shirt that was up for auction!

I know people have had difficulties with AMI but my experiences have been nothing but good. I still do my homework though on all items and dont bid on things that I think are questionable.

Always buying 49ers shirts
Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com