PDA

View Full Version : Roger Clemens X Bat game used? see photos

soxnation92
03-02-2011, 06:28 AM
Here is a 34"" pro maple model 35 x bat roger clemens. #22 on the knob 32 in the cup for the oz. Thing is with this bat all the labeling is stickers not engraved like most x bats I have seen. I know the label is usually a sticker with x bats but the model # name etc is usually engraved on the barrel. I am not sure if this was a demo bat for him or an early x bat. Just curious on other peoples take on this bat. It has light use and some navy rack marks(yankee stadium) nice looking bat not sure what the deal is with it though.

thanks

Justin

soxnation92@gmail.comfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JUSTIN%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JUSTIN%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png

shoremen44
03-02-2011, 10:19 AM
I may be wrong... and hopefully someone else can chime in, but I thought I remember reading somewhere that the bats with the flag stickers on them were retail bats

soxnation92
03-02-2011, 10:32 AM
I have see pro bats with the flags the earlier models.. not sure what the deal is with this one.

onlyalbert
03-02-2011, 10:39 AM
To expand on what Bert said. It is my understanding that in earlier years, not sure when maybe pre 06 or so, there was a time when the public could buy retail bats with flags that were identical to the ones the pros used. Some pros were using them with flags some without. Jeff Scott mentioned that Pujols used this model a little bit back then, but never used one with a flag in a game. So people were buying his model and removing the flag and saying they were legit gamers...and very hard to determine otherwise.

Canseco44
03-02-2011, 11:41 AM
I wont comment on whether it is game used or not, but I wouldnt be worried about the lack of engraving on the barrel. I have a Jose Canseco Expos game used X Bat that has been photomatched to a homerun he hit in spring training in 2002. It has the name on a sticker on the barrel and the rest is printed. It is the only X Bat I have ever seen of Canseco's. So just saying that his name on a sticker is not a concern of it not being a gamer.

Canseco44
03-02-2011, 11:46 AM
I just looked at mine and it is a Model 35 also. the Model 35 is printed in silver ink and the Jose Canseco and TBX PRO are both on stickers.

Canseco44
03-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Just noticed that the Jose Canseco is printed and the TBX PRO and Model 35 is on stickers. Sorry

soxnation92
03-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Yeah this is how my stickers are exactly with the model #. It is going to be tough photo matching this bat. Does anyone know if there are any X bat contacts that would have shipping records?

thanks!

ziggy
03-02-2011, 04:25 PM
For awhile you could purchase any players bat from X-Bat with their same specs. Not a bat collector but read on the forum awhile ago that a lot of collectors stay away from X-bats.