PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Issues: WINNING

DantleyHOF
03-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Hi,
I just lost out on a Ebay auction. Not a big deal. Whats so strange. My losing bid and the winning bid are the same. How can that be? I checked under bidding history. Also I checked out my Ebay account page it says I lost out on that auction. If the winning bid for example was 100.00 and my losing bid was 100.00. The person had one item and not a lot of 10. Did this ever happen to anyone before? Please post. B.F.

yankees506
03-02-2011, 06:30 PM
someone bid 100 before you did, for example if i placed that 100 bid a minute before you did, i win because i placed my bid first. Even though we bid the same amount my earlier bid wins.

Shipp_96
03-02-2011, 06:34 PM
Your issue is a bit odd, but I have sell alot on there myself. I have seen someone bid the same amount as a prior bidder did, but the system (from my experience) gives the original bid precedence.

Maybe you matched their high bid, and that is what happened to you?

trsent
03-03-2011, 01:23 AM
Hi,
I just lost out on a Ebay auction. Not a big deal. Whats so strange. My losing bid and the winning bid are the same. How can that be? I checked under bidding history. Also I checked out my Ebay account page it says I lost out on that auction. If the winning bid for example was 100.00 and my losing bid was 100.00. The person had one item and not a lot of 10. Did this ever happen to anyone before? Please post. B.F.

It's real simple, always bid a few extra cents, like $100.34 and then your bid, if identical to another, will come in at higher. In your case, the previous bidder also bid $100.00, so they get the winning bid since they bid first.

If you had bid $100.01 you would have been high bidder since you outbid them by one cent. For this to work, you have to bid more than the previous minimum. Say the item was at $90.00, your bid wins a penny higher, but if the bid was $99.50 then you have to bid the next highest minimum bid for this to work.

xmartyx
03-03-2011, 09:18 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I lost an auction that I was the highest bidder before. It went something like me and another guy bid at the same time. He bid like $100 and I bid $101.50, but he won because mine wasn't over the $2.50 increment. I was not very happy.

otismalibu
03-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Never won or lost a tie, but I did win by a penny one time.

Vintagedeputy
03-03-2011, 08:12 PM
You should have set a snipe. I almost never lose an auction when I set my snipes.

earlywynnfan
03-03-2011, 09:52 PM
It's real simple, always bid a few extra cents, like $100.34 and then your bid, if identical to another, will come in at higher. In your case, the previous bidder also bid $100.00, so they get the winning bid since they bid first.

If you had bid $100.01 you would have been high bidder since you outbid them by one cent. For this to work, you have to bid more than the previous minimum. Say the item was at $90.00, your bid wins a penny higher, but if the bid was $99.50 then you have to bid the next highest minimum bid for this to work.

I won an item like this once, and was totally amazed. It had an entire day left, and I placed an oddball bid and ended up being the high bidder by 2 cents! I figured, well, it's clear as day what my high bid is, he's going to top me by one bid and I'm out. 24 hours later, I was the winner. I had to admire the fact that he stuck to his limit, I wouldn't be able to do that.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com