PDA

View Full Version : Any Kenny Powers Fans?!

Canseco44
03-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Sorry for all the recent posts. I recently figured out how to post pics. Anyways, I'm a huge fan of the show East Bound and Down, and Danny McBride aka Kenny Powers. I saw this bat pop up on ebay and had to have it. Called Marucci for any help with it and a very nice guy remembers this exact bat! He made it for Blue Jays MILB player Ryan Schimpf and after him it was used by Sean Ochinko. Thats why RS is engraved on the knob and it is marked out and CHINK is written over it. It was used when they played for the Auburn Doubledays. Anyways, I have photomatched it and just a great story.

Todd

Canseco44
03-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Knob!

harpt
03-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Yes...big Kenny Powers fan here too.

Sportsislife
03-03-2011, 02:51 PM
La Flama blanca
That's awesome. You ever get bored of it u got atleast one buyer here.

DJaeger22
03-03-2011, 03:18 PM
that is an awesome bat

shoremen44
03-03-2011, 03:41 PM
I rock the Charros T-shirt

LastingsMilledge85
03-03-2011, 05:50 PM
So did Ryan Schimpf have the Kenny Powers nameplate put on?

jhunt28
03-03-2011, 05:58 PM
this is a TREMENDOUS find!!!!!

Canseco44
03-03-2011, 06:27 PM
No, Ryan is friends with a guy who works at Marucci whose name is Kyle Ourso. Kyle sent it to him with his regular shipment of bats. He did it as a joke because Ryan always refers to himself as Kenny Powers. There are some great shots of Ryan using this bat on fourseamimages but I can't figure out how to post pics from that site. It is hammered with use and was used by another player named Sean Ochinko. I picked it up for only $75. I then contacted Marucci and Kyle got back with me and told me the whole story. Then I was able to find pics of Ryan using it.

Todd

Canseco44
03-03-2011, 06:29 PM
And talk about a great wife. That poster is 5' x 6' and is on the wall beside our bed! She really is great. I just told her, "If you don't like it, change your mind!"

AWA85
03-03-2011, 07:08 PM
In grad school we would give power point presentations in one of our Sport Management courses, another student and myself would always see how many Kenny Power lines or photos we could sneak into our presentation without cracking a smile.

One of these days Kenny is going to make it back to the big leagues... Stevie just needs to help keep his head on straight.

LastingsMilledge85
03-03-2011, 08:37 PM
No, Ryan is friends with a guy who works at Marucci whose name is Kyle Ourso. Kyle sent it to him with his regular shipment of bats. He did it as a joke because Ryan always refers to himself as Kenny Powers. There are some great shots of Ryan using this bat on fourseamimages but I can't figure out how to post pics from that site. It is hammered with use and was used by another player named Sean Ochinko. I picked it up for only $75. I then contacted Marucci and Kyle got back with me and told me the whole story. Then I was able to find pics of Ryan using it.

Todd

That's a really unique story, just a really neat piece to have especially if you are a fan of the show like yourself.

godwulf
03-03-2011, 10:06 PM
How would you like to have the bat that Kenny auctioned on the show, that his former girlfriend, the teacher, secretly bought?

So far, I've only managed to collect a promo seat cushion from the show, the promo 4-card set (actually, ten sets...they came in a lot and were very cheap) and a Kenny Powers t-shirt: "If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just suck." And the first season DVD, of course.

Canseco44
03-03-2011, 10:30 PM
I would love to have that bat. I just watched that episode again and it looks to be a Louisville Slugger that actually is a Kenny Powers signature model! I can't tell what the writing above and below the name is. Can't wait for season three!

Todd

geoff
03-03-2011, 10:33 PM
I Am A Huge Kenny Powers Fan.I Think The Show Is so Funny.

yankees506
03-04-2011, 12:30 AM
" I Dont Know Much But All I Do Know Is Im Kenny Powers, And Im Really Upset With How Im Acting Right Now, And Im Not Going To Stop Yelling Because That Ill Mean I Lost The Fight, So Piece Out!"

cjw
03-04-2011, 01:42 AM
Great bat! "I'm also impressed by your architecture and buttresses and sh$t"

godwulf
03-04-2011, 10:00 AM
I would love to have that bat. I just watched that episode again and it looks to be a Louisville Slugger that actually is a Kenny Powers signature model! I can't tell what the writing above and below the name is.

I always perk up whenever a bat appears on tv or in a movie (can't imagine why.)

Naturally, any baseball-themed show or film is gonna have bats in it. I do have a bat used in the production of the X-Files episode 'The Unnatural', one of Dean Cain's 'Conrad Dean' bats from Clubhouse, and (don't laugh - okay, you can laugh) an old-style bat used in a baseball episode of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.

But my dream acquisition in this area - even more than the Kenny Powers bat - is the bat Joachim Phoenix pounded the alien with in Signs.

Then there's the bat Christopher Titus carried in the Titus episode where he spoke the famous lines, "We come into this word defenseless. That's why God gave us baseball bats. Well, he gave us trees...but we knew what he meant.") The bat the assistant D.A. always used to play around with in his office on the last couple of seasons of Law & Order.

Canseco44
06-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Update!! A few weekends ago I brought the bat mentioned in my first post in this thread to an autograph signing in Arlington, Tx. I went there to meet Jose Canseco after his signing appearance and get him to sign all of my game used items that weren't already signed. He was a very good signer and very polite! It's a case where my hero turned out to be nicer than I expected! He was very personable with me and talked for a while with me. Signed everything with whatever inscription I wanted, but only after he verified it was actually his game used items. Even swung a few of my bats and remembered them! Anyways, the reason for this post, the last thing I brought out was the Kenny Powers bat! We had joked in earlier phone calls that he claimed that the show Eastbound and Down was based on his life. Anyways, I asked him if he would sign the bat, The Original Kenny Powers, Jose Canseco #33. He did and thought it was hilarious! I will post pics tomorrow. Hope I didn't ruin the bat, but I couldn't think of a better person to sign it!

Canseco44
06-01-2011, 08:22 PM
I also got my game used 1995 Canseco game worn helmet signed and inscribed 300th HR Gamer. He wore it all season long including his 300th HR game and the ALDS. Got several other game bats and a 1994 rangers photomatched jersey signed and inscribed game used! I will try to post pics of it all tomorrow in its own thread.

sox83cubs84
06-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Todd:

If YOU'RE happy with it, then, no, the bat is not ruined.

Dave Miedema

LastingsMilledge85
06-01-2011, 11:51 PM
Hope I didn't ruin the bat, but I couldn't think of a better person to sign it!

What about Kenny Powers himself, Danny McBride?