PDA

View Full Version : Help with getting bat signed

Airtron1
08-22-2006, 01:36 PM
In september i'm going to be able to get some items signed by jim thome. I have 4 unsigned thome bats. I'm not sure which one's to get signed i have a 01 Indians bigstick, the cracked white sox lvs i posted earlier a uncracked blonde white sox gamer and a Thome two tone bigstick rookie bat from 91 I'd love to get the rookie bat signed but his signature has changed since and was wondering what you guys thought about having a rookie era GU item with a latter day signature on it? any help would be appreciated thanks

mr.miracle
08-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Just my thoughts, but as much as I would like to have a rookie era bat signed by a current star player, when the time of ten to fifteen years has elapsed and or the players autograph has changed since his rookie years, I would personally not get that item signed. I peronally don't like recent autographs on my older game used items. Just my thoughts although you have to do what will make you happy.

Thanks

indyred
08-22-2006, 02:50 PM
Just gotta get what you like the best. I'm in the camp that wouldn't get a game used bat signed. But if I were to pick, I'd get the all star game one signed and have him inscribed 2006 all star, our something like that on it. Then with your video match on it, makes it more unique......

thomecollector
08-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Is he doing a signing in Sept. ? Cause I heard from a reliable source that the is selling his house in Ohio....:)

Airtron1
08-22-2006, 03:36 PM
just outside of the jake i usually don't have a problem with getting him to sign for me

Airtron1
08-22-2006, 03:37 PM
i should buy his house talk about the ultimate collectible having a players home

jon_8_us
08-22-2006, 06:36 PM
I agree with the previous poster about not having any game used bats signed.But if you had to have one it would be the All Star bat.
jon

Airtron1
08-22-2006, 07:39 PM
the only reason I like them signed is to help authenitcate them and when signed right they to me enhance the appearence im not getting the rookie bat signed for sure. i guess this is one fo those things where everyone has their own preference thanks again for the help any other suggestions would be great