PDA

View Full Version : Odd Brett Favre Jersey on eBay

trsent
12-03-2005, 03:52 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRETT-FAVRE-Game-Worn-Autographed-Jersey-Packers-W-LOA_W0QQitemZ8732075399QQcategoryZ86829QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

This could possibly be the worst jersey that I have seen on eBay in the last 8 years!

Not even close. A store jersey that someone tore apart and try to make a gamer.

#1 Reebok size tag is for an authentic not a gamer
#2 04-50 tag in collar is like no one has ever seen before
#3 Sleeves are wrong for what Favre wears, they are the sleeves that come on store bought jerseys
#4 The signature is like a two year old signed it, not even close

I will guess that there is no way that Lou Lampson wrote a LOA on this piece, but wouldn't it be nice to be able to communicate with him to verify this?

cardinarky
12-03-2005, 06:03 PM
The autograph has several shortcomings.
What really amazes me, is the "stationary" used for the LOA.
No professional letterhead, no instution logo, nothing.
Lincoln supposedly wrote the Gettysburg Address on a brown lunch bag.
I now see that he was a trendsetter in more ways than he imagined.

CollectGU
12-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Joel,

I don't believe that is Lou's signature. If anyone has a coa from Lou, can they post his signature at the bottom?

orangebowl
12-03-2005, 09:29 PM
While I think that the Lou Lampson "signature" may be an accurate facsimile of his actual signature, I can't understand what the heck the alleged LOA is supposed to say. It claims that the jersey is a 2004 gamer, then has all kinds of irrelevant junk, and finally concludes that it's a 2004 gamer with no real basis.

Furthermore, the beginning of the fourth paragraph states, "The short sleeves are devoid of the green elasticized ribbed cuffs." Then the last sentence of the sixth paragraph states, "This jersey tail has a unique customization in that it has dual Ribbed and elasticized sleeves that Favre had custom designed to keep the shoulder cuff intact for a close, tight fit that enabled him to have less resistance in throwing with this particular style jersey."

I've seen a lot of strange statements on LOAs, but this makes no sense. While I may have questions about the authenticity of some items for which I've seen Lampson LOAs, I don't believe Lampson would ever issue such a convoluted and unintelligible LOA. It would appear that whoever created this LOA may have just put together statements from other LOAs and created this one.

sportscentury
12-04-2005, 12:04 AM
The LOA is missing all of Lou Lampson's contact information. That is a dead giveaway that the LOA is real. :)

Reid

trsent
12-04-2005, 04:53 PM
The LOA is missing all of Lou Lampson's contact information. That is a dead giveaway that the LOA is real. :)

Now that is a great response!