PDA

View Full Version : White Whale Harpooned...never thought I could say those words

Preston
03-07-2011, 11:29 AM
One of my two white whales (the other being a Penny Hardaway Memphis gamer) has been harpooned thanks to a buddy of mine who I finally convinced to part with this gem. Considering he's my favorite player (second, of course, all-time to Penny), I never thought I'd be able to get my hands on one of these, much less own one.

And this was used in the "blackout" game (they wear these jerseys once a season) so this is the only one in existence.

Now without further adieu...the Derrick Rose 2007-08 Memphis Tigers game worn jersey with the US flag

jppopma
03-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Nice pick up Preston! The ones you work so hard to find are always more special in the end.

AutographAddiction
03-08-2011, 08:31 PM
I DID NOT support Derrick Rose while at Memphis for one main reason... (*cough* Calipari).

But, as a Pro, I love him. Such an incredible player.

AutographAddiction
03-08-2011, 08:32 PM
But regardless, this is an absolutely awesome pickup! Congrats!

Preston
03-13-2011, 11:26 PM
By the way, anyone willing to help me search for a pic of Rose wearing this jersey? I remember they wore this jersey, but couldn't find a pic of him doing so on google, flickr or getty. Anyone have any suggestions?

(It would be during the 2007-2008 season if that helps)

Dewey2007
03-14-2011, 12:07 AM
I checked AP Images, US Presswire, Icon Sports Media and Photoshelter and couldn't find anything.

I would suggest contacting the following person who works for Memphis Athletics: Lamar Chance (http://gotigersgo.cstv.com/genrel/chance_lamar00.html), Assistant Media Relations Director (Men's Basketball), lchance1 (at) memphis (dot) edu (lchance1@memphis.edu)

Hopefully he can provide a pic of Rose wearing this particular jersey. Good luck!

By the way, anyone willing to help me search for a pic of Rose wearing this jersey? I remember they wore this jersey, but couldn't find a pic of him doing so on google, flickr or getty. Anyone have any suggestions?

(It would be during the 2007-2008 season if that helps)