PDA

View Full Version : John Lynch jersey from NFl Auctions or is it?

legaleagle92481
03-08-2011, 12:31 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHN-LYNCH-GAMEWORN-BRONCOS-JERSEY-NFL-AUCTION-/160553045955?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2561b50fc3

Why is the sticker on the bag rather than the jersey? Doesn't that defeat he point of PSA authentication? He could put any jersey in that bag.

trsent
03-08-2011, 01:41 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHN-LYNCH-GAMEWORN-BRONCOS-JERSEY-NFL-AUCTION-/160553045955?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2561b50fc3

Why is the sticker on the bag rather than the jersey? Doesn't that defeat he point of PSA authentication? He could put any jersey in that bag.

Sure, but do have any reason to make such an accusation that you have reasons to believe the jersey is not what is advertised? I find it odd that the sticker is on the bag, but this doesn't give reason to accuse a seller of switching an item.

Did you contact PSA/DNA or the seller about your accusations of baiting and switching?

solarlottry
03-08-2011, 02:00 AM
Rather than make any kind of assumption or insinuate anything why dont we just ask the seller the PSA/DNA # and find out what it is?

It seems on GUU that everything is fake until proven real! It also seems as if all sellers are considered crooks or doing "funny things" if even the slightest thing is out of whack. I m not saying it isnt good to be suspicious and do ones homework but this atmosphere of "everyone is trying to rip everyone off" is clearly unhealthy.

I dont think Leagle accused the seller of switching it outright but after pointing out the fact that it is strange that the sticker is on the bag he could have left it at that. We are all smart enough to draw our own conclusions from that information.

The entire point of the hobby is to have fun and there are a fair share of crooks and dishonest people out there for sure but i think if some of us on GUU would be a bit more open minded and ask questions first it might make the hobby even better.

34swtns
03-08-2011, 06:09 AM
My first concern upon looking at the listing.............$2800??!!

Not a chance. Good luck with that.

Mulligans
03-08-2011, 08:49 AM
I have removed all my stickers and put them on the card. I am tired of them falling off and it's just way easier to keep track of them. The psa stickers need to be better designed so that they adhere better.

If the number is in the system, the fact that it is on the bag doesn't effect me as a buyer.........now the price that's a little tougher to swallow.

justinwc80
03-08-2011, 08:54 AM
I personally leave my stickers on the items but have purchased a couple bats where the original purchaser removed the sticker and placed on the card. With PSA you usually can tell if the item is the same and that should give some peace of mind.

legaleagle92481
03-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Sure, but do have any reason to make such an accusation that you have reasons to believe the jersey is not what is advertised? I find it odd that the sticker is on the bag, but this doesn't give reason to accuse a seller of switching an item.

Did you contact PSA/DNA or the seller about your accusations of baiting and switching?

Where did I accuse him of anything? I was simply questioning why people would do that. I know other people remove stickers as well. Yes, they are annoying and PSA needs to do a better job affixing them to items so they don't come loose but removing them defeats their purpose and to me eliminates the incentive for someone to pay a premium for the item that an item from PSA/NFL Auctions normally would command. As for the claims the item is overpriced, how many legit Lynch jerseys are on the market? The guy is a 9 time pro bowler and probable hall of famer so if the item's legit its really not that overpriced. For comparison Ed Reed sells for five grand on JO.

sox83cubs84
03-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Rather than make any kind of assumption or insinuate anything why dont we just ask the seller the PSA/DNA # and find out what it is?

It seems on GUU that everything is fake until proven real! It also seems as if all sellers are considered crooks or doing "funny things" if even the slightest thing is out of whack. I m not saying it isnt good to be suspicious and do ones homework but this atmosphere of "everyone is trying to rip everyone off" is clearly unhealthy.

I dont think Leagle accused the seller of switching it outright but after pointing out the fact that it is strange that the sticker is on the bag he could have left it at that. We are all smart enough to draw our own conclusions from that information.

The entire point of the hobby is to have fun and there are a fair share of crooks and dishonest people out there for sure but i think if some of us on GUU would be a bit more open minded and ask questions first it might make the hobby even better.

+1.

Dave Miedema

Mulligans
03-08-2011, 03:55 PM
I try not to criticize pricing of others as it's worth what one is willing to pay for it. I only made the comment because I recently posted the exact same lynch jersey from NFL auctions that I purchased for $450.

legaleagle92481
03-08-2011, 04:06 PM
I try not to criticize pricing of others as it's worth what one is willing to pay for it. I only made the comment because I recently posted the exact same lynch jersey from NFL auctions that I purchased for $450.

I wasn't referring to your post. Is it still for sale? If so Im interested.

34swtns
03-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Forgive me if my post criticizing the price seems too judgemental for some of the more softspoken members here but I just never could take the "high road" when it comes to commenting on items that are blatantly overpriced. I tend to call a spade a spade and lean toward realism in matters of commerce.
Call it a character flaw.

I always like to go back to the "$10,000 1979 Mercury Zephyr" argument. Just because somebody is willing to pay that amount definitely does not make the car worth it. That just means there's one born every minute and one of them happens to like old Mercurys. A lot.

Save me the "but yeah, that would make it worth that amount" argument.
We both know better.

When you pay too much money for something the only thing you've established is that the item is worth that amount TO YOU.
Not to the market in general.

G1X
03-09-2011, 01:35 AM
Where did I accuse him of anything? I was simply questioning why people would do that. I know other people remove stickers as well. Yes, they are annoying and PSA needs to do a better job affixing them to items so they don't come loose but removing them defeats their purpose and to me eliminates the incentive for someone to pay a premium for the item that an item from PSA/NFL Auctions normally would command. As for the claims the item is overpriced, how many legit Lynch jerseys are on the market? The guy is a 9 time pro bowler and probable hall of famer so if the item's legit its really not that overpriced. For comparison Ed Reed sells for five grand on JO.

I remove the holograms from items in my personal collection as I find them to be an eyesore and a distraction when displaying the items. On the other hand, some collectors feel the need and desire to have the holograms, COAs, paperwork, etc., and some enjoy displaying the holograms and/or paperwork with their items. Each to their own on this issue.

Keep in mind that some collectors were around well before COAs, holograms, authenticating, etc. were in existence, so they don't necessarily put a whole lot of stock in the paperwork. Some view it as nothing more than window dressing that drives up the price, and sometimes even as an annoyance when the paperwork contains inaccuracies. As mentioned in another thread, I have a drawer full of "Error COAs" from teams, leagues, auction houses, authenticators, dealers, collectors, ebay sellers, and some of you!:)

On those occasions where I sell or trade an item from my personal collection where I've removed the hologram (I usually attach it to the accompanying card), it hasn't had a negative effect on my asking price.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for Atlanta Falcons, WFL, AFL/NFL durene jerseys, and Willie McGee and Darren Lewis game used items.