PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Seller Dalcowbill

legaleagle92481
03-08-2011, 12:44 AM
Has anyone ever dealt with him? He worries me. He has a huge quantity (almost 180!) of hard to find Cowboys jerseys. Multiple Emmitt and Aikman jerseys, Tony Dorsett, Randy White, Michael Irvin and other Cowboy greats. He lists many of the jerseys in a broad range of years of use, his prices are insanely low (on top of which he has huge sales on most items "for a quick sale.") and much of the stuff comes with Lampson loas. Additionally the jerseys look off and do not appear to show game use.

kings418
03-08-2011, 02:30 AM
This seller in the past has purchased a large number of game issued Cowboys jerseys from Steiner and sold them as game used on Ebay. I believe this has been brought up before on this forum. While I cannot say if the jerseys he has listed now are legit, his past behavior would worry me.

Vince

short84
03-08-2011, 01:31 PM
I purchased one of his "game used" jerseys -- turned out to be issued. No use on it at all -- clean and crisp. When Steiner auctions used to identify bidders, he would bid on and win multiple issued jerseys and other items. He would then list them on eBay with an inflated price and as game used. I asked him one time about his "game used" jerseys and he replied that if there was a prova chip present, he considered it game used. This is not true, there were plenty of issued jerseys that had prova chips attached. I don't know about his older Cowboys jerseys but based upon his record, I would not trust them. Susanne

legaleagle92481
03-08-2011, 04:10 PM
I purchased one of his "game used" jerseys -- turned out to be issued. No use on it at all -- clean and crisp. When Steiner auctions used to identify bidders, he would bid on and win multiple issued jerseys and other items. He would then list them on eBay with an inflated price and as game used. I asked him one time about his "game used" jerseys and he replied that if there was a prova chip present, he considered it game used. This is not true, there were plenty of issued jerseys that had prova chips attached. I don't know about his older Cowboys jerseys but based upon his record, I would not trust them. Susanne

I was looking at the DeMarcus Ware hes got. I defintely want a Ware, they are hard to find Steiner had one but I was tapped out from other purchases at that time. His looks crisp clean though so I reviewed his other items. Prova's database doesn't work anymore since they are out of business so there is no way to verify the chip. I know your right and they tagged both GU and GI jerseys for Cowboys and Rams. But without the database who knows which is which. So I agree with you I posted this to hear what others had to say (because maybe I am paranoid).

ivo610
03-08-2011, 04:49 PM
I was looking at the DeMarcus Ware hes got. I defintely want a Ware, they are hard to find Steiner had one but I was tapped out from other purchases at that time. His looks crisp clean though so I reviewed his other items. Prova's database doesn't work anymore since they are out of business so there is no way to verify the chip. I know your right and they tagged both GU and GI jerseys for Cowboys and Rams. But without the database who knows which is which. So I agree with you I posted this to hear what others had to say (because maybe I am paranoid).

I just picked up that Ware myself. I assume you mean the throwback from this year.

as far as bill I just hear pretty much the same thing from vet collectors, stay away.

legaleagle92481
03-08-2011, 06:47 PM
I just picked up that Ware myself. I assume you mean the throwback from this year.

as far as bill I just hear pretty much the same thing from vet collectors, stay away.

Congrats on the Ware. Steiner gets only one Ware and one Witten each year as they are not part of their jersey program and that is the throwback. Which is weird since they are the two best players and both probably destined for Canton. The Ware was a steal great pickup. I was going to buy it when they first got it. Then after Jets made AFC Title Game, I had immediately picked up a Revis from JO and the day I bought that I was on Ebay and tada there was a Moss Vikings jersey with NFL Auctions COA/hologram, which was one of my dream items so I had to have that. Six grand later my jersey budget was tapped and I had to pass on the Ware.

legaleagle92481
03-08-2011, 06:52 PM

You must have a pretty awesome collection I saw some of your stuff on Ebay awhile back all top notch and on here in various posts. How many jerseys do you have?