PDA

View Full Version : OT: Steroid List

Eric
08-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Hey everyone-

This is off-topic, but at the same time, it's not. Does the character issue affect the price of your collection? If you think it does, then you should keep this website handy. Some geniuses are keeping track of all steroid users in major league and minor league baseball.

http://steroidlist.com/?page_id=23

(Saw this on a link from deadspin.com)

Eric

R. C. Walker
08-22-2006, 07:34 PM
Tom House? :eek:

staindsox
08-22-2006, 09:58 PM
Yeah, Tom House came out and admitted trying horse steroids, but claimed they didn't help...as we could all guess.

stkmtimo
08-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Eric,
Thanks for posting this link. This is by far the most comprehensive list of steroid users I have seen and it's an important resource. I'll keep it bookmarked.

Tim

earlywynnfan
08-22-2006, 11:07 PM
Has anyone else but me been wondering what happened to all the names in Grimsley's "little black book"? Why haven't they come out yet? Bud must really be clamping down!

Ken

byergo
08-22-2006, 11:36 PM
Where is Mark McGwire?

mr.miracle
08-23-2006, 07:25 AM
Where is Mark McGwire?

Since McGwire never admitted to anything and the only thing he was ever seen with was Andro in his locker and he admitted to using Creatine, I don't believe that Andro fits the definition of a steroid, even though it is banned now not when McGwire was using it.

Since Canseco's testimony is not actual proof, there is no possible way to include Big Mac on this list.

Thanks

allstarsplus
11-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Add Mota to the list. Mota is now a Free Agent and he just got caught which means he will miss the 1st 50 games of the 2007 season. OUCH!

Drug violation nets Mets pitcher Mota 50-game ban

ESPN.com news services

http://espn-ak.starwave.com/photo/2006/1101/mlb_w_mota_275.jpg
Richard C. Lewis/WireImage.com
Guillermo Mota took responsibility for his suspension on Wednesday, saying "I used extremely poor judgment and deserve to be held accountable."

NEW YORK -- Relief pitcher Guillermo Mota (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6214) was suspended 50 games Wednesday for violating Major League Baseball's drug policy.
Mota, 33, who finished the season with the Mets and filed for free agency Tuesday, was 4-3 with a 4.53 ERA this season. In the National League playoffs, he went 1-0 with a 5.40 ERA in seven appearances.
His suspension will take effect for the start of the 2007 season.
In a statement issued Wednesday, Mota took "full responsibility" and said he would accept the suspension, saying he hoped to learn from his mistakes.
"I used extremely poor judgment and deserve to be held accountable," Mota said in the statement. "To my teammates and the entire Mets organization, I am sorry. I truly regret what I did and hope that you can forgive me."
"To baseball fans everywhere, I understand that you are disappointed in me, and I don't blame you," he added. "I feel terrible and I promise this is the first and last time that this will happen." Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.