PDA

View Full Version : Pujols bat on ebay....

gorilla777
03-10-2011, 01:17 PM
that just sold, Item # 290540848215
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=290540848215&si=GTxBC7lv91TfsPzCQRwpfPGpSos%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I was surprised seeing it go for $3,850, with JT giving "excellent use", for him, just an okay grade. And it looks like the winner was motivated, backing up his bid a couple additional times so willing to go to what, $5k?
I had to read the description again to make sure it wasn't interpreted as being signed in real gold or something :D

tbone90
03-10-2011, 01:34 PM
I watched this Pujols gamer end last night as well. I'd been kind of anticipating a big finish! How many GU10's are ever going to become available for open bid? I thought for sure it would blow past $4K and was surprised it ended at only $3,850. The bidding seemed to sit stagnant for a couple days too.

gorilla777
03-10-2011, 01:44 PM
I watched this Pujols gamer end last night as well. I'd been kind of anticipating a big finish! How many GU10's are ever going to become available for open bid? I thought for sure it would blow past $4K and was surprised it ended at only $3,850. The bidding seemed to sit stagnant for a couple days too.

There was a GU10 in the Paragon Auction recently, sold for much less, JT gave it "outstanding use" description, so it had more use on it too.

shoremen44
03-10-2011, 01:56 PM
I was personally shocked by the price, considering how many signed bats have been on ebay lately...

the only difference was that this one was signed in gold...

tbone90
03-11-2011, 12:49 PM
I missed the one in the Paragon Auction and wish I would've seen it.

Bert, do you feel the market is starting to get saturated with Pujols gamers or at least that they're much more accessible then a few years back? I'd be curious to know your opinion of what you feel the "value" of this gamer is having a pretty good grasp of the Pujols market.

drizer7
03-11-2011, 02:18 PM
I collect mostly early career Pujols bats and am willing to pay good money, I'm just not sure why his 2010 Marucci bats are going for as much as his early bats? Is it because we can photo match his recent ones better? Additioanlly, I've seen more inferior bats approaching mid 3k and they aren't accompanied by a PSA GU10 grade. I saw the bat it looked great. The gold matched the gold Marucci real well. It looked stunning. I did contemplate the Paragon GU10, but missed on that one. Between the two, I couldn't tell the difference between the use on the bats. Maybe if I had the two together I could..., but JT's "outstanding" and "excellent" grades are usually in and around the same. I'd like to hang that Gold GU10 on my wall, but maybe not for 3,850. I'd give 3,200 just because I think that's what the market is dictating. Better yet, maybe I'd buy a Pujols game used 2002 Sam Bat.

shoremen44
03-11-2011, 02:45 PM
tbone90 I missed the one in the Paragon Auction and wish I would've seen it.

Bert, do you feel the market is starting to get saturated with Pujols gamers or at least that they're much more accessible then a few years back? I'd be curious to know your opinion of what you feel the "value" of this gamer is having a pretty good grasp of the Pujols market.Thanks for the compliment... not sure I have a handle on any market... I have definitely overpaid on my fair share of Pujols bats...

I just find it crazy that people get stuck on a bat and go hog wild... dont get me wrong that Pujols bat was really sweet looking with the gold on gold, but with all the autographed Pujols Marucci bats out there right now, are you really willing to pay that much more for gold ink, vs say silver.

What I have learned about Pujols items (and it has cost me thousands learning this) is to be patient... there are alot more Pujols bats out there than anyone actually thinks.

Furthermore the market right now... despite the fact there are more Pujols bats out there today than I can ever remember, is a SELLERS market... people are going nuts over his stuff... but $3800 for an autographed gamer??... I mean look at Griffey bats a couple years ago vs today

What will $3800 get you... for bats thats any of Jeter, Arod, Mauer, Ripken, Brett, Mcgwire, Schmidt, kaline, Mathews, Aaron... etc... and you would have cash left over... as a matter of fact for $3800 I could buy like 70 O's bats

What will really interesting to see is...

1) if Pujols bats continue to stay available like this
2) if they do... what will happen to the market

I think that you will see the early year bats go up in price significantly... say your 2001's to 2004 or 2006... as for the rest the prices will stay high for a while and always be somewhat high for really exceptional pieces...

I just think people have Albert mania... the 2008 and beyond bat prices will drop

legaleagle92481
03-12-2011, 11:47 AM
I used to be a big bat guy but I stopped and sold most of them because the market of bats for every player is oversaturated. Players use so many bats. People complain about the amount of jerseys guys use but they use so many more bats. There have always been Pujols bats out there. In early 2009 I was offered an MLB hologrammed Pujols bat for $1,400. It later sold on Ebay for that price. Another MLB hologrammed Pujols sold on Ebay for $800 shortly thereafter. Yes this was during a recession but still $3,400 is over two times that price in only two years. Additionally, before the recession Bert sold a very nice Pujols on Ebay that I recall bidding on that went for $2,000 and something. The prices will dip as the supply continues to increase and the market of people who can spend the kind of cash on a bat is very limited.

rj_lucas
03-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Of course, if Albert hits .400, or 60 home runs, or wins the Triple Crown...all bets are off.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

panthrotc
03-12-2011, 11:32 PM
I agree as the market is oversaturated with bats.
But buts from specific years and bats such as homerun notated bats still command big money. Even for the steroid guys.
A mcgwire 98 signed gamer prior to the congress and all that went for over 4k and up. I have a legit signed 98 with perfect provinence that i have been offered at least 3250. Homerun bats of his , IF you can find them command even more as i have 1, jeff scott has 1 and the other 2 i know of are in the HOF. People are reluctant to part with big stars' HR notated bats as they are the cream of the crop in this hobby.
That being said , Pujols still has a bunch of years to play and that means more gu bats will find their way to the open market. 3850 for the bat in question is not that shocking considering if you tried to get one out of his foundation you can expect to pay wayyy more then that. Also , if you want a signed pujols gu bat, your best bet is to buy one pre signed as he does not sign ANY kind of bat at the 3 public signings he does or in person at the ballpark

If i had money to throw around i would def would have taken a stab at that gold ink gamer.

gorilla777
03-15-2011, 07:02 PM
I collect mostly early career Pujols bats and am willing to pay good money, I'm just not sure why his 2010 Marucci bats are going for as much as his early bats? Is it because we can photo match his recent ones better? Additioanlly, I've seen more inferior bats approaching mid 3k and they aren't accompanied by a PSA GU10 grade. I saw the bat it looked great. The gold matched the gold Marucci real well. It looked stunning. I did contemplate the Paragon GU10, but missed on that one. Between the two, I couldn't tell the difference between the use on the bats. Maybe if I had the two together I could..., but JT's "outstanding" and "excellent" grades are usually in and around the same. I'd like to hang that Gold GU10 on my wall, but maybe not for 3,850. I'd give 3,200 just because I think that's what the market is dictating. Better yet, maybe I'd buy a Pujols game used 2002 Sam Bat.

Drizer (is this Dan maybe?),so you won this bat?

drizer7
03-28-2011, 02:08 PM
No, I prefer rookie early career gamers. Just offering an objective opinion. There was another Marucci that went for about 2,800 last week. For that price I could buy a 2002-03 Sam Bat.