Gregg Zaun's Retirement helped me get a photo match!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jake33
    • Nov 2005

Gregg Zaun's Retirement helped me get a photo match!

As always, it is a great thrill getting a photomatch. Story goes as this....

As typical, I only collect Tampa Bay Rays and Buccaneers game used items. With that, I am usually pretty leary of game used hats. Since their are no identifiers any store bought one could be faked easily. So I am very skeptical of them, unless they come from mlb auctions with a hologram.

Anyways, right after the 2009 season i bought a game used Gregg Zaun hat, that is pounded with use. I never was able to nail downa great photo match, since if he did wear it under his catcher's helmet I probably wouldn't find a match. The oddest thing about the hat is that it has a sharp bend up towards the front of the bill. In over a year, i never found a good shot to match.

Zaun recently retired on MArch 7th. With his retirement a Montreal newspaper posted a photo of him (From a rays game vs. toronto). The photo never was out previously, just bumped into the retirement articale and a SUPERB match to the hat that I have. Not a bad buy for $15 from a guy who caught the hat as Zaun ran into the dugout after the last game of the year. Excellent game use on Zaun's hat, he only played a little over a month for the rays.

Will be looking to where he goes into broadcasting to get auto'd

Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. Montreal Gazette offers information on latest national and international events & more.
Working...