PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling collections thread-

jobathenut
03-11-2011, 05:59 AM
I know its not game used, so mod's you can move the post if you want.I was just talking wrestling with fellow member "geoff" and i decided to start a wrestling thread to show our collections.I will start it.I only have a couple "game used" items.But have some autographs and other items i want to share.

jobathenut
03-11-2011, 06:03 AM
I also have the following items-Well hope thier other wrestling fans on here as i would love to see your collections

Billy77
03-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Hey...

Nice collection...if you are close to New Jersey...you may be interested in my post in the autograph forum...

Keep it up!!!

Billy

geoff
03-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Not good At All About Posting Pic's On here.But I have Wrestling Used A Pair Of Justin Credible ECW Boots.Taz And Shane Douglas ECW Ring Worn Shirts.Lots Of DVD'S And some Tapes Including Rare Original ECW Tapes.Lots Of Wrestling Shirts.To Many To Name Though.Autographs Of Chris Beniot with Pic Of me And Him.Chris Jericho And Pic Of me And Him.Rey Mysterio JR Autograph.Scott Hall-Curt Henning-X PAC On A Sheet Of Paper Along with DDP.The Big Show Autograph On A Piece Of Paper.A Original ECW Poster from A PPV Framed.A few Japan Wrestling Posters.A Piece Of Jeff Jarrett's Guitar He Broke On someone's Head During A Match.A WCW Nitro Chair Signed by Lots Of Wrestlers Including Ric Flair And Bret Hart To Name A few.Another Chair Signed By Ron Killings And Team 3D And Christian.Oh And A Pair Of Signed Dan The Beast Seven Fight Worn UFC Gloves.This Is All Off The Top Of my Head but I know There Is more.

Thanks
Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

geoff
03-11-2011, 09:28 AM
Butch can you Email me Or give me your Email Adress.I might have A few Wrestling Items you would be Interested In.

Thanks
Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

jake33
03-11-2011, 09:39 AM
I have Jimmy Hart's ring worn pants for Wrestlemania VIII that I bought directly from his son. The pants even read "WRESTLEMANIA VIII" all the down the legs, very neat item....

carct
03-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Dick "The Bruiser" Afflis played for the Green Bay Packers from 1951-1954.

sox83cubs84
03-11-2011, 11:50 AM
MORE WWE DIVA PHOTOS, PLEEEEEAAASE?:D :D :D

Dave Miedema

Billy77
03-11-2011, 01:08 PM
I personally think it is a great idea posting pics...instead of those stupid attachments or asking to email pics of everything!!!

Just post pics and be done with it...

GREAT JOB MY FRIEND!!!

Again...cool collection!!!

mariner_gamers
03-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Great thread!! I dig checking out other collectibles and these are cool!! Thanks for sharing!!

jobathenut
03-12-2011, 02:46 AM
I thought i would post some of my favorite photos i have taken at wrestling events i have been to.And for my friend dave i have added some divas (just for you buddie!).I also added my brothers favorite-mankind/dude love/cactus jack/mick foley-yeah my brother loves all of them.What? thats one guy.....Anyways,i also added my dads favorite-goldberg,my dad loved him from the start.In fact i bought my dad goldbergs first shirt when goldberg started in wcw.And they did not think he was going to go ver so they didnt put much into his shirt.It just said "jack hammer" on it and it sold out in like 5 mintues at the match i was at.Well anyways,i hope the people that have posted on here enjoy the photos

jobathenut
03-12-2011, 02:48 AM
And heres some more of the photos-

jobathenut
03-12-2011, 02:50 AM
And finally heres the rest of the photos,i am sorry there is so much.It was tough to decide which ones to post.

jobathenut
03-12-2011, 02:56 AM
Thanks for the compliment.I dont live near new jersey.
Hey...

Nice collection...if you are close to New Jersey...you may be interested in my post in the autograph forum...

Keep it up!!!

Billy

jobathenut
03-12-2011, 03:01 AM
Geoff-Well i know i would be interested.But i cant really afford anything.As i am not adding to my collections.And in fact i have been selling off my collections.So i stay away from hearing what i could buy as nothing depresses me more than items i could buy if i had the cash to do it.For example, i sure would love those justin credable boots.You know i am a huge justin fan.I wish i had the cash to make you a offer on them or anything for that matter.As it sounds like you have a great collection.I just wish you could post photos as i would love to see the collection.
Butch can you Email me Or give me your Email Adress.I might have A few Wrestling Items you would be Interested In.

Thanks
Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

jobathenut
03-12-2011, 03:02 AM
Dave-Your wish is my command my friend.I just posted some photos that i have taken at matches and just for you i included some divas-enjoy!!!
MORE WWE DIVA PHOTOS, PLEEEEEAAASE?:D :D :D

Dave Miedema

jobathenut
03-12-2011, 03:04 AM
Thank you,i really appreicate it.I thought for sure i would be laughed at starting this thread with wrestling items.And not mentionmy little collection isnt all that great.But it sure used to be.I have sold alot of the collection.Well glad you are enjoying the thread.And hopefully some other will post photos of thier items.
Great thread!! I dig checking out other collectibles and these are cool!! Thanks for sharing!!

nomarmauerfan
03-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Butch,
Where is Animal going to be signing here in Mpls. this week? I couldn't get to the one on Thursday and can't find any other info. The LOD was my favorite tag team duo, as well, and I would love to go. Thanks for the help.

Mike

shaunharr
03-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Triple H is the absolute greatest wrestler ever! By far my favorite.

trsent
03-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Butch,
Where is Animal going to be signing here in Mpls. this week? I couldn't get to the one on Thursday and can't find any other info. The LOD was my favorite tag team duo, as well, and I would love to go. Thanks for the help.

Mike

Mike, I can't help you up north, but Joe Laurinaitis is going to be in Chicago two days in April:

April 14, 2011:

Event: Joe Laurinaitis (WWE)
Where: Barnes & Noble - The Annex of Arlington Shopping Ctr - 13 West Rand Road (Arlington Heights, IL)

Time: 7:00 PM

Joe Laurinaitis, one of wrestling's Road Warriors, signing copies of 'The Road Warriors'.

847-259-5304

April 15, 2011:

Event: Joe Laurinaitis (WWE)
Where: Barnes & Noble - The Annex of Arlington Shopping Ctr - 13 West Rand Road (Arlington Heights, IL)

Time: 7:00 PM

Joe Laurinaitis, one of wrestling's Road Warriors, signing copies of 'The Road Warriors'.

847-259-5304

Courtesy of Chicagoland Sports Appearance Connection: http://www.csac.biz/

geoff
03-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Butch Email me And I can get you A few Pic's Of some Of my Items.And I promise I won't Offer you Anything.

geof631@yahoo.com

Thanks
Geoff

karamaxjoe
03-12-2011, 06:05 PM
I'm not a fan of today's glitzy wrestling, but I used to be a big fan of Chicago wrestling on TV back in the late 70s and early 80s. I attended an event at the old Chicago International Amphitheatre in 1979 and saved the program. The matches that night included Dick the Bruiser, Brusier Brody, Verne and Greg Gagne and many others. I had a blast that night and wish I could have attended more events. I love this program and thought you wrestling guys would like to see it.

Preston
03-12-2011, 06:16 PM
Not good At All About Posting Pic's On here.But I have Wrestling Used A Pair Of Justin Credible ECW Boots.Taz And Shane Douglas ECW Ring Worn Shirts.Lots Of DVD'S And some Tapes Including Rare Original ECW Tapes.Lots Of Wrestling Shirts.To Many To Name Though.Autographs Of Chris Beniot with Pic Of me And Him.Chris Jericho And Pic Of me And Him.Rey Mysterio JR Autograph.Scott Hall-Curt Henning-X PAC On A Sheet Of Paper Along with DDP.The Big Show Autograph On A Piece Of Paper.A Original ECW Poster from A PPV Framed.A few Japan Wrestling Posters.A Piece Of Jeff Jarrett's Guitar He Broke On someone's Head During A Match.A WCW Nitro Chair Signed by Lots Of Wrestlers Including Ric Flair And Bret Hart To Name A few.Another Chair Signed By Ron Killings And Team 3D And Christian.Oh And A Pair Of Signed Dan The Beast Seven Fight Worn UFC Gloves.This Is All Off The Top Of my Head but I know There Is more.

Thanks
Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

Geoff would you ever be interested in selling the Severn fight worn gloves?

jobathenut
03-12-2011, 07:09 PM
He is signing this coming thursday march 17th at the mall of america at 6pm.
Butch,

Mike

sylbry
03-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Not that this post will benefit anyone but it is related.

A few years ago I was doing a project for a client in downtown Minneapolis. They took me to the records storage two levels below street level. In the corner sat the ring from AWA.

sox83cubs84
03-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Joba: YOU DA MAN!

Dave Miedema

trsent
03-12-2011, 11:53 PM
I'm not a fan of today's glitzy wrestling, but I used to be a big fan of Chicago wrestling on TV back in the late 70s and early 80s. I attended an event at the old Chicago International Amphitheatre in 1979 and saved the program. The matches that night included Dick the Bruiser, Brusier Brody, Verne and Greg Gagne and many others. I had a blast that night and wish I could have attended more events. I love this program and thought you wrestling guys would like to see it.

Remember Moose Cholak?

My step-father used to be the general manager of Channel 44 in Chicago and he used to broadcast the shows from the Valparaiso Armory. He told me a great story about how when he went to an event they were filming he met Moose, but he was all alone and legend was he always traveled with his mother. He asked Moose where his mother was, and Moose replied that his mother was waiting in the car because he didn't want to have her pay to get in. Funny, he was worried they were going to charge his mother to come in!

Needless to say, my step father went out to the car and brought her in.

I remember the announcer for his matches. Every time he ran into a guy in the corner the announcer would scream: "MOOSE!"

geoff
03-13-2011, 03:47 AM
Preston Email me And we can Talk more About The Dan Severn Gloves.

geof631@yahoo.com

Thanks
Geoff

godwulf
03-13-2011, 05:17 AM
I used to watch wrestling on t.v. back in the '60s, and a couple of times got my father to take me to the Armory in Indianapolis to see it live.

Wilbur Snyder, sometimes billed as "The All-American Boy", was my favorite wrestler. I also remember Cowboy Jack Lanza (later Blackjack Lanza), Prince Pullins, Dick the Bruiser, Mad Dog Vachan, Ernie Ladd.

I had a program from one of those Armory events that I saved for years, that had Snyder on the cover, and a photocopied lineup that Prince Pullins signed for me, that I ended up putting on eBay a few years ago, when I was selling a lot of old stuff. Amazed at how much it sold for - somewhere in the $40-50 range, as I recall. Only, like so many things in life that we remember and develop an attachment to, I sometimes wish I hadn't sold it. Silly, I know.

intheminors
03-13-2011, 09:34 AM
I got these recently. Always thought Shawn Michaels was the most talented of them all.

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb337/intheminors/Stuff%20I%20Actually%20Got%20Signed%20Myself/123_0188.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb337/intheminors/Stuff%20I%20Actually%20Got%20Signed%20Myself/123_0189.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb337/intheminors/Stuff%20I%20Actually%20Got%20Signed%20Myself/123_0187.jpg

I've got some others but I have to get them uploaded to photobucket...

Kyle

karamaxjoe
03-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Remember Moose Cholak?

My step-father used to be the general manager of Channel 44 in Chicago and he used to broadcast the shows from the Valparaiso Armory. He told me a great story about how when he went to an event they were filming he met Moose, but he was all alone and legend was he always traveled with his mother. He asked Moose where his mother was, and Moose replied that his mother was waiting in the car because he didn't want to have her pay to get in. Funny, he was worried they were going to charge his mother to come in!

Needless to say, my step father went out to the car and brought her in.

I remember the announcer for his matches. Every time he ran into a guy in the corner the announcer would scream: "MOOSE!"

How could I forget Yukon Moose? He used to do the commercials for Bens Auto Sales with Bob Luce. Those commercials were absolutely hilarious. Moose fought Super Destroyer II at the Amphitheater the night I attended and I remember he won.

sox83cubs84
03-13-2011, 08:25 PM
How could I forget Yukon Moose? He used to do the commercials for Bens Auto Sales with Bob Luce. Those commercials were absolutely hilarious. Moose fought Super Destroyer II at the Amphitheater the night I attended and I remember he won.

Mike, Joel, helpme out on this:

Didn't Yukon Moose Cholak also do the commercials for Candor Electric?
Those evolved into the "battles" Cholak would have in ads with Angelo Poffo and his buddies at "Shock Electric.

And, of course, who can forget Verne Gagne and his shilling for Dyno-Power?

Those shows were fun.

Dave Miedema

karamaxjoe
03-14-2011, 10:18 AM
Mike, Joel, helpme out on this:

Didn't Yukon Moose Cholak also do the commercials for Candor Electric?
Those evolved into the "battles" Cholak would have in ads with Angelo Poffo and his buddies at "Shock Electric.

And, of course, who can forget Verne Gagne and his shilling for Dyno-Power?

Those shows were fun.

Dave Miedema

Dave,

Those sound pretty good, but I think they predate me.

Utopian2630
03-15-2011, 07:40 AM
Great collections everyone.

As much a fan I am of great wrestling action sanctioned by (insert name here), I don't have much of a collection. I do have my ticket stub from SummerSlam 94 autographed by Owen Hart somewhere as well as some signed pictures I got over the years from Hogan, Steve Dr. Death Williams, Flair and others. I've always been tempted to get one of those replica belts for my collection but have never been able to pull the trigger on one.

Coincidently enough, I live down the street from The Living Legend Bruno Sammartino and see him jogging most mornings when I am going to work. I've honked a few times and he has always acknowledged me. One day maybe I'll get him to sign something.

Great stuff guys!

indyred
03-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Cool to see some wrestling stuff. WWE on there site does run auctions for match used stuff. They should have some type of HOF museum set up.

godwulf
03-15-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm betting that I can pinpoint two scenes in the movie The Wrestler at which everyone reading this thread - assuming that you saw the film - winced. (And no, I'm not talking about the staple gun.)

One - that really sad scene where all the old wrestlers are sitting at the folding tables, waiting for autograph seekers.

Two (even more so) - the scene where Randy is leaving his hospital room and he throws his torn, blood-soaked costume in the garbage. :eek:

chd49er
03-15-2011, 06:17 PM
All I can say is there was nothing like the 4 Horseman, Magnum T A and the Koloffs.

WOOOOOOO!

Clay
I WANT TO BUY YOUR 1995 49ER GAMERS. $$$$$$$$
cdubois@carolina..rr.com

mad87man
03-15-2011, 06:34 PM
Great collections everyone.

As much a fan I am of great wrestling action sanctioned by (insert name here), I don't have much of a collection. I do have my ticket stub from SummerSlam 94 autographed by Owen Hart somewhere as well as some signed pictures I got over the years from Hogan, Steve Dr. Death Williams, Flair and others. I've always been tempted to get one of those replica belts for my collection but have never been able to pull the trigger on one.

Coincidently enough, I live down the street from The Living Legend Bruno Sammartino and see him jogging most mornings when I am going to work. I've honked a few times and he has always acknowledged me. One day maybe I'll get him to sign something.

Great stuff guys!
Honestly they are the biggest waste of money. I mean you might like it but i picked one up and its sitting under my bed. They are cool for a week or two then after that its kinda to me anyway.

jobathenut
03-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Sorry that staple gun scene still makes me sick just thinking about it.I cant believe that wrestling company was actually a real company that did stuff like that.In fact if you go on youtube you can see one of the most vicous things i have seen in wrestling.If you just look up "new jack".There is match that is unreal.Proberly a good thing that company folded.And the scene of the old wrestlers at the signing was just sad to me.
I'm betting that I can pinpoint two scenes in the movie The Wrestler at which everyone reading this thread - assuming that you saw the film - winced. (And no, I'm not talking about the staple gun.)

One - that really sad scene where all the old wrestlers are sitting at the folding tables, waiting for autograph seekers.

Two (even more so) - the scene where Randy is leaving his hospital room and he throws his torn, blood-soaked costume in the garbage. :eek:

jobathenut
03-16-2011, 02:27 AM
Heres some photos of that goldberg shirt i mentioned earlier.It is his first shirt in the wcw.And it sold out in minutes at the nitro we were at.

jobathenut
03-16-2011, 02:29 AM
Sorry,i hit the reply button without posting photos:eek:

nomarmauerfan
03-17-2011, 06:57 AM
Thanks, Butch, for the info. Unfortunately, I will be at my kids' parent-teacher conferences and will be unable to attend the signing tonight. Have fun!!!

Mike

trsent
03-17-2011, 03:15 PM
Ok, I took a few pictures around my home:

Austin, Tyson & HBK signed WrestleMania 8x10. I bought it at a card show right after the event. I don't want to know if the autographs are real or not. I like the picture!

A personalized 8x10 by The Rock. The only time I have ever met The Great One, it was the day before Owen Hart's tragic fall in Kansas City. We had The Rock at a public autograph session in Highland Park, IL. I got to spend the day with him, picking him up at the airport, working the public appearance with him. The crowd was huge and they chanted "Rocky, Rocky" as we walked into the retail store. Then we went to an Italian dinner and Rock got us backstage at the event in Rosemont, IL that night. It was fun. DJ is cocky and he was huge but not at his peek a few years later when he was one of the three biggest - Ever (Hulk, Austin Rock in in particular order). Anyway, he didn't want to write "Know Your Roll" so he abbreviated it:

From a card show in New York (Rothstein?) in the early 1990's. These two pictures can be found on my fridge for the last twenty years. The picture with Volkov is one of my best pictures ever!

Finally, Hulk Hogan "Whatcha Gonna Go" personalized 8x10. He signed this for me a few months ago at a trade show in Rosemont, IL:

In a closet somewhere I know I have personalized 8x10s from Mankind, DDP and Sable, but I don't display them anymore.

jobathenut
03-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Mike-I wish i would have read this post earlier as i would have been more than happy to get a book signed for you.I just got back from the signing.As me and my brother got the photos we took last week into 8x10's and had him sign them tonight....I love parent/kids conferences-they were so much fun:rolleyes:
Thanks, Butch, for the info. Unfortunately, I will be at my kids' parent-teacher conferences and will be unable to attend the signing tonight. Have fun!!!

Mike

nomarmauerfan
03-18-2011, 06:44 AM
Thanks Butch...I appreciate the thought. How was the line? Crowded? How'd you pics turn out? Thanks.

Mike

jobathenut
03-18-2011, 09:45 PM
The line was'nt that bad compared to other wrestling signings we have been to there-(hulk hogan,bret hart and ufc fighter sean sherk).And as expected much more than at the book store last week.There was another singing at the moa last night.Which is unusual for them to schedule 2 signings on the same night at the same time.And he just started signing as with the book store,he took like 1 hour of questions and then signed for the kids and then everyone else so it took about 2 hours to get our book,and then me and my brother brought chairs for him to sign and then take our photos.And this time we were out of there in 1/2 hour.The photo's turned out great.I just hate that he didnt personalize it.But then i didn't ask.Usuallly they ask if you want it done.Well thanks for asking mike-:)
Thanks Butch...I appreciate the thought. How was the line? Crowded? How'd you pics turn out? Thanks.

Mike

jobathenut
05-26-2011, 05:01 AM
NOMARFAN-I just read that animal is doing another signing in june in minnesota.I know you were not able to attend the first 2 shows he did here...

Mike

Billy77
05-26-2011, 06:12 AM
Animal was at New Jersey Wrestling convention last month!!! Awesome guy!!!

I posted this in the public signings forum...I will get some of the photos up soon.

Bill

baltimorewashington
05-04-2012, 01:39 PM
My son & I started collecting ring worn wrestling items a couple of years ago. The history of professional wrestling is fascinating. A couple of good books are the biography of Gorgeous George(by John Capouya) and "Sex,Lies & Headlocks"(by Shaun Assael). A few of the things we have were worn by the Macho Man, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Killer Kowalski, Ivan Koloff, Wade Barrett, Mark Henry and Dusty Rhodes. We are looking for ring worn items from the 50's-present. We also have some items to trade.

mdube16
05-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Worn by cm punk and Daniel bryan at an event this past december in Florida. We were lucky enough to catch them both!

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb345/ldsports/wwe%20estero/DSC00229.jpg