PDA

View Full Version : Our PacRim GUF members

metsbats
03-11-2011, 08:43 PM
I just wanted to check on our PacRim GUF members who may have been affected by the earthquake in Japan.

Fortunately our members in Hawaii were spared as the Tsunami effects were minimal.

If we have any members in Japan we pray that you and your families are safe.

Shipp_96
03-11-2011, 10:31 PM
I just wanted to check on our PacRim GUF members who may have been affected by the earthquake in Japan.

Fortunately our members in Hawaii were spared as the Tsunami effects were minimal.

If we have any members in Japan we pray that you and your families are safe.

Here, here. These poor people have had devastation and destruction upon their lives and families that will take years to rebuild. My thoughts and prayers, as well as my heart, goes out to them. God speed.

metsbats
03-11-2011, 11:47 PM
Hi, David.

Thanks for asking!

I'm okay on Oahu, and I hope that Bobby is doing well on Kauai.

Oahu had some minimal damage. Overall, Oahu escaped unscathed. Some of the neighbor islands experienced more damage, though.

Ron.

I got this report from Island Style (Ron S) this evening.

island_style
03-12-2011, 04:54 AM
I am just outside of an evacuation zone, so luckily we didn't need to leave home. Got an e-mail from Scott (jetersbatboy), and he and his family had to evacuate for the night. I certainly hope that he, as well as everyone else within the tsunami warning, is okay. (Bobby, Scott, Nelson, Rick, Rex, Derrick, et al)

To those who are affected by the earthquake in Japan, I send a sincere message of hope and strength.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

legaleagle92481
03-15-2011, 10:15 AM
This was a horrible tragedy. As a forum we should do something to help. I am going to sell a bunch of my football jerseys and donate 10% to relief efforts as I did with Haiti last year.

toshi
03-20-2011, 02:03 AM
Hello.
I am a Japanese member who lives in Japan.
There was no influence due to the earthquake because I lived in Osaka (westarea of Japan).
However, there is still a crisis of the power failure and the nuclear plant in Tokyo and Tohoku area.

The message of a lot of encouragements is gotten from people all over the world.
I am very glad.
And, I wish to express my gratitude for your comment.

Thank you sincerely.

>>Toshi

metsbats
04-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Toshi,

Good to hear from you and glad you are safe.

We continue to pray for Japan and the people affected by this disaster.

David