PDA

View Full Version : Discolored White sox Jerseys

35th&Shields
03-11-2011, 10:19 PM
What % would you say Home White Knit jerseys from the '82 - '90 season have that yellowish tint to it? I have seen quite a few that do, but I've seen others that dont as well. Im talking more noteable players. How much actually comes from game use? improper care either by the team or collector? or just the simple fact father time just takes his toll on it. I know were talking 20+years here, but I've hesitated a couple of times because they do not display a white appearence. What are some thoughts?

sox83cubs84
03-12-2011, 09:42 PM
What % would you say Home White Knit jerseys from the '82 - '90 season have that yellowish tint to it? I have seen quite a few that do, but I've seen others that dont as well. Im talking more noteable players. How much actually comes from game use? improper care either by the team or collector? or just the simple fact father time just takes his toll on it. I know were talking 20+years here, but I've hesitated a couple of times because they do not display a white appearence. What are some thoughts?

I know that in 1982, the first year that Sand-Knit supplied the White Sox, both the homes and roads were made from a knit fabric inferior to what was used from 1983-86.

Improper laundering by the team could be a reason, as well, as the Sox had to replace a whole set of the 1992 road greys from Russell due to fading. The new set was ordered from Wilson, and from 1993-1999, the team ordered from both Russell and Wilson for game uniforms.

Dave Miedema