X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shaunharr
    • May 2010

Is this a match?

All,

I have a pair of J.R. Towles 2008 home pinstripe pants with a tear on the back below the right pocket.

Here are a couple pics from 2008 that show use and dirt in the same area.

Would you say this is a match?

Thanks,
    Shaun
    Thank you,

Shaun Harr
    shaun.harr@yahoo.com
    Always look for game used anything of J.R. Towles, Ross Stripling, Tyler Naquin, and German Duran.
  • shaunharr
    • May 2010

Re: Is this a match?

Over 60 views yet no opinions..
    Would u say match?
    Thank you,

Shaun Harr
    shaun.harr@yahoo.com
    Always look for game used anything of J.R. Towles, Ross Stripling, Tyler Naquin, and German Duran.

Comment

• Manram
      • Nov 2008

Could you point out where you see the tear in the photo? Because i dont see anything

Comment

• jobathenut
        • Nov 2008

I would say no to the match based on the photos.As he proberly has dirt on that area on all his game used pants.I mean its proberly not unusual for him have dirt on his backside like that saying he is a catcher.Just what i think-

Comment

• nycpropain
          • Sep 2009

The reason no one said anything is cause they are too nice to say no. And thats what I think, no.

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
            • Jul 2010

Negative.

Comment

• shaunharr
              • May 2010

J.R. only played 54 games with Houston in 2008. He started the year in Houston and got sent down to Triple A in June, and was not called back up.

I have only found about 5 pictures of him in the pinstripe pants in 2008, and they are in April and May.

Would a player wear set two as early as April? As I said before, he was sent down in early June.
              Thank you,

Shaun Harr
              shaun.harr@yahoo.com

Comment

• mlbforeverhomer
                Banned
                • Feb 2010

NOPE! I don't see it....

Comment

• WadeInBmore
                  • Sep 2007

Originally posted by shaunharr
                  Would a player wear set two as early as April? As I said before, he was sent down in early June.
                  Shaun...

I don't think there is any rhyme or reason for a player to use any specific set jersey or pants. A lot of times there are multiples hanging in their lockers and if the items aren't specifically pulled by the equipment mangers, players will just grab the first one. Not to mention, baseball players are very superstitious and those can lead to the uniform choice/selected.

I also think that pants are often cycled in and out for cleaning/washing purposes.

Is it possible that the pants were recycled to the minors?

wade

Comment

• platinum1
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2008

Just because the pants could be the pants in the picture doesn't make it a photomatch.

Comment

• russyurk
                      • May 2008

A few shots on the inner and outter seams to see where the pinstripes fall may be more useful.
                      Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Comment

• shaunharr
                        • May 2010

They were not used in the minors. The Astros' don't have a minor league team that uses pinstripe pants. That I am sure of.
                        Thank you,

Shaun Harr
                        shaun.harr@yahoo.com

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by WadeInBmore
                          Shaun...

I don't think there is any rhyme or reason for a player to use any specific set jersey or pants. A lot of times there are multiples hanging in their lockers and if the items aren't specifically pulled by the equipment mangers, players will just grab the first one. Not to mention, baseball players are very superstitious and those can lead to the uniform choice/selected.

I also think that pants are often cycled in and out for cleaning/washing purposes.

Is it possible that the pants were recycled to the minors?

wade
                          Yeah, that can go either way. I have a jersey that's a set 2 and is very easy to match because the one letter is upside down in the front and I noticed that from I think July (or somewhere around there) until the conclusion of the season, my jersey seemed to be the only one used on the road. Of course, I don't have every picture from every second half game, but it was just a trend I noticed in the available sources.

Comment

Working...